Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Decision wins?

Print  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,829-2,695
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm not sure if this is how it's always been, but I thought that decisions, like taking rounds and finishes were capable of scoring 7 points if you don't get the correct UD/SD, but maybe I'm wrong?

To be more specific, in the Carmont/CB fight, I chose a Split Decision. Now, I got CB correct, and judges decision correct, but I am only seeing 5 points for the fight, shouldn't this be a 7 pointer, since the only mistake was taking SD, and not UD? I know that in a fight with a finish, if the fight ends in the first round by TKO and you picked the correct fighter but picked the TKO in the second round, you receive 7 points because you picked the fighter and the method correctly, just missed the round. I always thought it was the same way for decisions, if you picked a judges decision and it's a split and you took UD, you would get 7, not 5....but maybe I'm wrong? Can someone clarify?

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   5/31/14 5:47:20PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,861-2,683
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's being looked into.

Post #2   5/31/14 5:49:45PM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Career:2,989-1,544
Camp: BluntForce: Resurrected
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

I'm not sure if this is how it's always been, but I thought that decisions, like taking rounds and finishes were capable of scoring 7 points if you don't get the correct UD/SD, but maybe I'm wrong?

To be more specific, in the Carmont/CB fight, I chose a Split Decision. Now, I got CB correct, and judges decision correct, but I am only seeing 5 points for the fight, shouldn't this be a 7 pointer, since the only mistake was taking SD, and not UD? I know that in a fight with a finish, if the fight ends in the first round by TKO and you picked the correct fighter but picked the TKO in the second round, you receive 7 points because you picked the fighter and the method correctly, just missed the round. I always thought it was the same way for decisions, if you picked a judges decision and it's a split and you took UD, you would get 7, not 5....but maybe I'm wrong? Can someone clarify?

Your suppose to get 7 points. I don't understand why you don't get 9 points though.

Post #3   5/31/14 7:59:31PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:4,861-2,683
Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

Your suppose to get 7 points. I don't understand why you don't get 9 points though.

5 for correct pick +2 for either finish or round. If you get all 3 (5+2+2), you also get a bonus 2 for a perfect pick, totaling 11. The only way 9 points is possible is when there is an underdog bonus (+2).

Post #4   5/31/14 8:05:09PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Chips:
I am having the same thing happen when I get either the round or the finish correct, but not both. Just giving me five points instead of 7

Post #5   5/31/14 9:33:12PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,764-1,102
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

I am having the same thing happen when I get either the round or the finish correct, but not both. Just giving me five points instead of 7

My apologies - is an issue only in the live stats reporting and will not affect the actual computed score at the end of the event. Once the stats are run it will reflect the correct score. I should have the bug on the live stats fixed within a day.

Post #6   5/31/14 10:36:38PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Chips:
No problem. I do really appreciate the live updates, as it makes it easier on me for you to dothemmath for me.

Post #7   5/31/14 11:47:49PM   

RacingHartPurple

MMA Regular

RacingHartPurple Avatar

Career:3,415-2,044
Chips:
Was wondering the same. Thanks for the update.

Last edited 6/1/14 1:04AM server time by racinghartpurple
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #8   6/1/14 1:03:04AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:4,074-2,516
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

Posted by xdanish020

Such a balls pick too, and you should get 9 rather then 7.

Last edited 6/1/14 1:11AM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   6/1/14 1:10:22AM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,829-2,695
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

Posted by xdanish020

Such a balls pick too, and you should get 9 rather then 7.

Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a +2 given to Split Decisions and Third round/Fifth round (depending on if its a main event or not) stoppages ie. Submission or KO/TKO since the chances of these happening are so slim. But that's a whole different topic if you wanna get into changing the scoring system, but I do agree that making some picks require "more balls" as you said, like picking a split decision or late fight stoppage.

Post #10   6/1/14 1:22:45AM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by QuickToLynchYa

5 for correct pick +2 for either finish or round. If you get all 3 (5+2+2), you also get a bonus 2 for a perfect pick, totaling 11. The only way 9 points is possible is when there is an underdog bonus (+2).

I know. I'm just saying IMO you should get 9 points when picking an UD and it goes SD, same thing vice versa. You only get 2 points for underdog bonuses but get 4 points taken away when you picked a fight to go the distance (UD) but end up going split. A lot of the time splits are controversial as well.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   6/1/14 4:35:43AM   

QuickToLynchYa

MMA Regular

QuickToLynchYa Avatar

Chips:
Letourneau vs Phillips is a good example for why you should get 9 points.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #12   6/14/14 9:35:47PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Chips:
And you should get full points if you had the other fighter anytime Diego Sanchez wins a decision

Post #13   6/15/14 1:33:16AM