Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rich Franklin: Title Shot Will Come in Cincinnati or Denver

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
With a win at last weekend’s UFC 72 event, former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin (22-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) secured a shot at reclaiming his belt. He’ll now face the winner of UFC 73’s fight between current champ Anderson Silva and top contender Nate Marquardt, and according to Franklin, it’ll happen in Cincinnati or Denver.

LINK

I'm sorry Primo, is this old news for you?

Post #1   6/22/07 6:44:18PM   

Mattyc

Learning to Sprawl

Career:111-81
Chips:
Im glad to hear this. I am however not happy with Franklins lackluster performance as of late. Even his win over Jason MacDonald he didn't look as if he was that into it. At least with this fight with Okami i understand the way he fought. He was fighting to not lose as he knew he woudl get a shot at the Middleweight crown if he won. He managed to get the win and kudos to him for doing it.
IMO unless he can step it up and come up with a great gameplan (unlike his utilizing the clinch last time) he will not be walking away with the belt if he meets Silva again. I say watch out for Hendo to be taking this title as well.

Post #2   6/24/07 4:47:30PM   

chuckw94

Standup Guy

chuckw94 Avatar

Career:1,454-875
Chips:
i hope it's denver because i live in montana and denver's not to far away.

Post #3   6/25/07 6:04:08PM