Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jamie Varner Talks UFC 173, Call of Duty, King Mo and James Krause

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:
Former WEC lightweight champion and UFC veteran Jamie Varner recently talked with PunchDrunkGamer.com about his upcoming fight Saturday night at UFC 173 against James Krause, his new gym Impact MMA, Call of Duty, King Mo’s meltdown and short notice fights. Enjoy!

PDG: The UFC lightweight division is pretty stacked at the moment; what are thoughts on the division and the guys at the top that your are hunting down?

Jamie Varner - It is very competitive and I would have to say it is the most competitive division in the UFC right now. In my opinion the top two guys in all of the UFC right now are Renan Barao and Jose Aldo and there is such a huge gap between those guys and the other guys in their divisions. Then you look at the lightweights – Anthony Pettis, Ben Henderson and Gilbert Melendez and you have five super talented fighters that you may only see once in a lifetime. So that is my top five and three of them are in the super competitive lightweight division and I feel like I should be right up there in the top ten and that is one reason that I am going to stop taking fights on short notice.

Jamie Varner Talks UFC 173, Call of Duty, King Mo and James Krause

Post #1   5/23/14 12:47:50PM