Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mo: If 'Page Wants To Bang, Go To GLORY & Get KTFO

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
According to "King Mo," Quinton Jackson isn't that good of a striker, because if he was, he'd be making millions in the sport of boxing or facing the likes of Tyrone Spong and Gokhan Saki in kickboxing instead of competing in MMA.

Link

Post #1   5/21/14 11:43:17AM   

Owens92x

Standup Guy

Owens92x Avatar

Career:220-135
Chips:
It's also not a wrestling match either, Mo. Don't expect to win fights just because you took the guy down and did nothing else in the fight.

Post #2   5/21/14 11:57:01AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-46

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,398-909
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #3   5/21/14 12:27:39PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,869-914
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
At this point, its true that Rampage is fairly one-dimensional (by choice it would seem) and not particularly amazing at the one thing he likes to do.

However, the same could be said of Mo.

Neither fighter is really top tier as things stand.

Post #4   5/21/14 4:30:53PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,480-857
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

At this point, its true that Rampage is fairly one-dimensional (by choice it would seem) and not particularly amazing at the one thing he likes to do.

However, the same could be said of Mo.

Neither fighter is really top tier as things stand.

Mo hasn't been the same since staph chewed up his knee. It's a damn shame. He was developing well in Strikeforce. I thought he'd be a top contender at 205.

Post #5   5/21/14 6:30:54PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,869-914
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Mo hasn't been the same since staph chewed up his knee. It's a damn shame. He was developing well in Strikeforce. I thought he'd be a top contender at 205.

I was also pretty hyped about him at one time. In retrospect, I'm not sure he was ever as promising as we were lead to believe although it was hard to see that after he beat Mousasi (albeit unimpressively).

His wrestling is good, but its not been consistently dominant against top opposition. His striking (although explosive early in fights) has also not been reliable.

Its easy to see this all in hindsight, but I doubt he ever really had the potential to be a UFC champion.

Post #6   5/21/14 8:40:55PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,480-857
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I was also pretty hyped about him at one time. In retrospect, I'm not sure he was ever as promising as we were lead to believe although it was hard to see that after he beat Mousasi (albeit unimpressively).

His wrestling is good, but its not been consistently dominant against top opposition. His striking (although explosive early in fights) has also not been reliable.

Its easy to see this all in hindsight, but I doubt he ever really had the potential to be a UFC champion.

That Gegard fight was hilarious. Mo got destroyed. Gegard ruined him off his back but the Mo that beat Lorenz Larkin looked pretty damn impressive... but he was roiding soooo

Post #7   5/25/14 10:34:50PM