Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White on Matt Brown’s next fight: ‘We’re going to give him something big, something fun’

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC President Dana White suggested that while Matt Brown is not in line for the next title shot, he will certainly get "something big" in his next fight.

Link

Post #1   5/11/14 2:49:40PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,155-1,264
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I'm hoping for the winner or Lawler/Ellenberger or Nick Diaz.

Post #2   5/11/14 3:17:47PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Nick Diaz.

This.

And I'd personally still love to see Brown/Condit.

Last edited 5/11/14 3:49PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/11/14 3:49:19PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wallass

Nick Diaz.

This.

Both sound great

Post #4   5/11/14 4:26:42PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wallass

Nick Diaz.

This.

Both sound great

And/or Brown vs Lombard.

I like the Brown vs Lombard fight because I think it may be competitive, unlike other top ten fighter who would probably demolish Brown due to his seeming lack of ground skills.
I think against Lombard, Brown could weather the first round and then make it a contest based on the pace he can set.

Last edited 5/11/14 4:57PM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   5/11/14 4:51:24PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
I'd like Woodley Brown. There's a lot of great potential fights at the top of welterweight right now.

Post #6   5/11/14 5:22:12PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,162-1,476
Chips:
There aren't too many choices. The only two who are actually wide open are Hector Lombard and champ Johny Hendricks. Condit is injured, Diaz is "retired" and Ellenberger is booked to fight Lawler and MacDonald is booked to fight Woodley. The UFC might wait for one of the winners of those two fights but my guess is that it will be Hector Lombard. They could give him a title shot with Hendricks based on his big run but I think Brown needs to face one of the guys between them in the rankings first. He has won 7 in a row but he has beat nobody of real significance. Maybe they will throw the Stun Gun at him? We'll find out eventually.

Post #7   5/11/14 7:17:37PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,436-881
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by airkerma

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wallass

Nick Diaz.

This.

Both sound great

And/or Brown vs Lombard.

I like the Brown vs Lombard fight because I think it may be competitive, unlike other top ten fighter who would probably demolish Brown due to his seeming lack of ground skills.
I think against Lombard, Brown could weather the first round and then make it a contest based on the pace he can set.

I like the Lombard fight, though not as much as a fight with Diaz or condit. Vs Lombard we'do see how brown's chin holds up against one of the heaviest handed people in the division. It would be interesting to see if and for how long would be willing to take one to land one with Lombard.

Post #8   5/11/14 8:57:19PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Has to be Diaz.

Tailer made fight. No wrestling
Just banging it out on the feet for a few rounds

Post #9   5/11/14 11:37:02PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:640-344
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Yeah I agree with most of you. Nick Diaz would be so awesome... Even Nate would be awesome !! If either of these happen would be match up of the year for me.

Post #10   5/12/14 8:09:25AM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:563-365
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

There aren't too many choices. The only two who are actually wide open are Hector Lombard and champ Johny Hendricks. Condit is injured, Diaz is "retired" and Ellenberger is booked to fight Lawler and MacDonald is booked to fight Woodley. The UFC might wait for one of the winners of those two fights but my guess is that it will be Hector Lombard. They could give him a title shot with Hendricks based on his big run but I think Brown needs to face one of the guys between them in the rankings first. He has won 7 in a row but he has beat nobody of real significance. Maybe they will throw the Stun Gun at him? We'll find out eventually.

yea i hear you but i think they should give the most exciting winner of the those 2 match ups ?(MacDonald/ woodley. Lawler/Ellenberger) the shot at the belt, and give the other winner to Matt. for the next shot at the strap. if diaz came out of retirement for that fight it would be epic but i dont see the UFC offering him big cash for that fight so i doubt it. matts striking and pace is on another lvl. and even though Matt hasnt beat anyone in the top ten hes beat Pyle when he was around 10th.(pyle is now ranked 12th) he beat jorden Mein who i feel should be around 15th. and then now silva who even with this lost i feel he probably somewhere around the top 10. and he finished them all. i think he would finish Maia if his was able to keep it standing.id like to see him face a striker next so i hope its MacDonald or Lawler. any way theres so nice match ups at WW coming up

Post #11   5/12/14 1:02:43PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I may be mistaken, but isn't Diaz still holding out for a title fight or a huge payday? Neither one of those are going to happen with Matt Brown. Dana even said that Nate would come before Nick. Normally I don't put much stock into things Dana says, but the logistics line up for this one. Nick has been pretty adamant about what it will take for him to come out of retirement.

Brown vs. Diaz would certainly appeal to MMA fans, but I don't think it's the type of fight that's going to appeal to Diaz. As long as Diaz has held out, I don't see Brown bringing him out of retirement. Not unless they strip Hendricks of the title and let those two fight for the vacant title (obviously not happening).

Post #12   5/12/14 5:10:23PM