Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Petition for Elite XC, WEC, Strikeforce, K-1, and Bodog Events

Print  
Posted By Message

rjsvoboda

Learning to Sprawl

Career:370-220
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Just thought I'd let everyone know, I for one would love to see us be able to make picks for all Events, not just UFC events, and think it would be great if everyone signed this thread petition, and/or emailed the administration as they say they would like suggestions for improvements. Think it would be great to have more action, and there is no such thing as too much MMA. Thanks Guys

Rob

Post #1   6/22/07 5:48:17AM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Yes, I agree and we have been through this before, they are adding it i'm sure, give them time. I think all of that should be added. And don't forget ICON.

Post #2   6/22/07 5:50:37AM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
I don't mind them adding something like WEC or Strikeforce but I don't want too many events because then it will become something that you constantly have to check everyday because their cards are changing with people not getting cleared or even being in jail.

Post #3   6/22/07 9:03:57AM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:918-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
no thank you

Post #4   6/22/07 2:56:15PM   

ProfessorChaos

MMA Regular

ProfessorChaos Avatar

Career:101-47
Chips:
Only if those organizations get bigger. Right now they don't have a lot of big name fighters and its all PPV. Something like the IFL which is free and on all the time would be much better. Even though they dont have the big name fighters, we can watch fighters develop.

Post #5   6/22/07 3:10:16PM   

ShogunofHarlem

Learning to Sprawl

ShogunofHarlem Avatar

Career:190-128
Camp: Fists of Fury
Chips:
agreed... it's MMAPlayground... not UFC/Pride Playground.

Post #6   6/22/07 4:31:43PM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,818-1,561
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Well then you can add KOTC, IFL, GFC...etc.

See where this is going? There's a point where it's too much.

That being said, I think they should add WEC now that Pride is gone. If another one steps out and becomes a legit #3 organization then I'm all for it. However, as of now there are about 7 that are all the same to me.

Post #7   6/22/07 5:02:55PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:918-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
how many ppl watch those events and know much on the fighter yes i know alot of us do but do you think 4000 ppl on this sight know and watch all those events. and it's not like we havn;t been gettting alot of ufc events. like yes down the line i think they should add more. and if i could pick one i would say wec zuffa is going to make it big they are gettign alot of good fighters now and alot of ppl can see it. they just showed there lastshow up here in canada on tsn last week but i think looking at the fight card they have more fighter that i know of then anyother org. all those orgs woudl be way to much. like yes tonights strikeforce card is a real good card and elite xc are gettign alot of good fighters but still not any real household names. and you would see the picks go down in those events like look at even smaller ufc showes less ppl make picks. even with player always joining.

Post #8   6/22/07 5:03:07PM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,818-1,561
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Nelly i think you were making the same point as i was, but man use some grammar...that was hard to understand. I agree though.

Post #9   6/22/07 5:04:31PM