Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Thomson claims phone thief behind Twitter call out of Nick Diaz

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Josh Thomson looking to face Nick Diaz 'at any weight he wants' at UFC on Fox 12 in San Jose - or maybe not

Link

Post #1   5/4/14 12:23:51PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,043-622
Chips:
The perfect call out to get Diaz out of retirement... Hopefully.

Post #2   5/4/14 12:32:29PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:
Wow. I actually lost respect for josh apologizing about that tweet. I loved that call out and loved how raw it was. That's what actually gets excited

Post #3   5/4/14 12:55:56PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Wow. I actually lost respect for josh apologizing about that tweet. I loved that call out and loved how raw it was. That's what actually gets excited

But it was fake. It didn't have any significance since he wasn't the one who said it.

Post #4   5/4/14 12:58:25PM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:909-452
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
We know the UFC will sign anyone who is a possible draw. Maybe Diaz will come out of retirement if they find and sign the phone thief.

Post #5   5/4/14 1:52:44PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The punk vs the eagle could happen.

Post #6   5/4/14 1:59:14PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

But it was fake. It didn't have any significance since he wasn't the one who said it.

To me it was the kind of thing someone should be saying. I think his stock would have gone up if he owned it. The fight is unlikely to happen but it sticks out more than losing an unfortunate decision to bendo. I guess my point is, even if he didn't say it originally, it would have been cool to say "I didn't actually tweet this but it completely reflects what I think"

Post #7   5/4/14 2:15:57PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,338-1,248
Chips:
Yeah makes sense becaues Thomson wouldn't call for a fight with Diaz, he already took him out. I don't see Josh as the type of fighter who would want to take steps backwards in his career. I could see him fighting Khabib next as well. If not, maybe MJ.

Post #8   5/4/14 2:31:20PM   

Owens92x

Standup Guy

Owens92x Avatar

Career:204-120
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Yeah makes sense becaues Thomson wouldn't call for a fight with Diaz, he already took him out. I don't see Josh as the type of fighter who would want to take steps backwards in his career. I could see him fighting Khabib next as well. If not, maybe MJ.

He took out NATE Diaz, this one was talking about fighting NICK Diaz...

Post #9   5/4/14 3:33:55PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
Weaksauce! Him and Jon Jones both with the same bullshit excuse.

Post #10   5/4/14 4:03:17PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I'm about tired of athletes using the "I was hacked" defense to Twitter. Nobody buys it. It's really unlikely that someone stole his phone and called out Nick Diaz for a fight in San Jose. That's an awfully specific tweet for someone "playing a prank." I get putting the event number, but also where it takes place? Who does that?

Every athlete tries this and thinks its original or that someone will believe their version of events. Didn't buy that Jones was hacked, didn't buy that DJ Fluker was hacked, and I don't buy that Josh Thomson had his phone stolen and that person just happened to propose a big ticket fight that would sell for both parties.

Last edited 5/4/14 5:20PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   5/4/14 5:20:13PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm about tired of athletes using the "I was hacked" defense to Twitter. Nobody buys it. It's really unlikely that someone stole his phone and called out Nick Diaz for a fight in San Jose. That's an awfully specific tweet for someone "playing a prank." I get putting the event number, but also where it takes place? Who does that?

Every athlete tries this and thinks its original or that someone will believe their version of events. Didn't buy that Jones was hacked, didn't buy that DJ Fluker was hacked, and I don't buy that Josh Thomson had his phone stolen and that person just happened to propose a big ticket fight that would sell for both parties.

maybe you should, athletes and other famous people are always vulnerable to this sort of thing.

Post #12   5/4/14 7:08:11PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,812-1,098
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Strikeforce was based out of San Jose, most of their shows took place there. The guys who owned Strikeforce also own the San Jose Sharks and the HP Pavilion. Josh and Nick were both Strikeforce champs. The fight would sell there. The restaurant where the phone was stolen was most likely in San Jose.

It was probably a die hard fan who lives in San Jose and wants to see that fight, or Josh was drunk and talked some shit then sobered up and regretted it. It's out of character for Josh, and they're in different weight classes so I'm leaning towards believing him.

Post #13   5/4/14 11:19:06PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I wish he would have said phone was stolen but I'll back those words up. I

Post #14   5/5/14 7:40:00AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Strikeforce was based out of San Jose, most of their shows took place there. The guys who owned Strikeforce also own the San Jose Sharks and the HP Pavilion. Josh and Nick were both Strikeforce champs. The fight would sell there. The restaurant where the phone was stolen was most likely in San Jose.

It was probably a die hard fan who lives in San Jose and wants to see that fight, or Josh was drunk and talked some shit then sobered up and regretted it. It's out of character for Josh, and they're in different weight classes so I'm leaning towards believing him.

It's possible it wasn't him. I'm simply saying that I don't believe his story. These types of situations really boil down to whether or not you believe them. I just happen to not believe the hacking story more often than not.

Post #15   5/5/14 3:11:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2