Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lawler & Ellenberger drug tested ahead of UFC 173

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
ESPN.com revealed that both Jake Ellenberger and Robbie Lawler had drug tests administered by the NSAC ahead of their UFC 173 match-up.

Link

Post #1   4/29/14 11:28:16AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,961-1,183
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Aguilar suggests that problem with implementing the testing on a regular basis is that it is simply "not cost efficient." The most expensive part of the program is the collection process, which can bring up the total cost to as much as $45, 000.

"The expensive part is the collection," Aguilar said. "The lab is about $12,000 to do the analysis and collections, but you have to remain consistent in who the collector is and how they collect a sample. You don't give the fighters any notice. The collector calls and says, 'I'm half an hour away from your house. Be prepared to provide a sample.' That same collector has to fly from Salt Lake City to where the fighters live and train, collect a sample and then fly back. That's the most expensive part."

How much does it cost to fly from Salt Lake City to anywhere USA and back while making a call and collecting a bottle of urine on the way? Does he have his own private jet?

The head of the NSAC is saying it could cost between $6000 - $39,000 to collect urine from a fighter...

I should start a business that collects urine

Last edited 4/29/14 2:54PM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   4/29/14 2:52:54PM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:599-385
Chips:

How much does it cost to fly from Salt Lake City to anywhere USA and back while making a call and collecting a bottle of urine on the way? Does he have his own private jet?

The head of the NSAC is saying it could cost between $6000 - $39,000 to collect urine from a fighter...

my thoughts exactly. I mean what's a flight to any where in the world cost 10k? I'm thinking they should be able to do both guys for 25k. And that's at max. I bet they could work out a deal with the airlines for cheaper flights since they would be flying all the time. Maybe have them on stand by for first flight with extra seats. Shit pay me 2500 to fly and collect a sample.2500 for a day or to of work I don't care what it is

Post #3   4/29/14 4:16:26PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

wish i'd known i couldve been getting paid this whole time

Post #4   4/30/14 3:53:11AM