Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Things you used to like but grew out of?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
What are some things or hobbies that you used to like or enjoy but just felt that you outgrew them? Could be music, sports or any interest that you just dont really do anymore.

For me

Pro Wrestling

Video games - Still play sometimes but not the extent in my 20's

Going out drinking all the time - Dont really miss it

Basketball - played everyday living in Florida. When I moved back to NY I just lost the want. My ankles and knees thank me for that.

Rap/Hip Hop music

Post #1   4/28/14 5:41:09PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:925-579
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
Easy. Pro Wrestling. Drinking all together. Not doing good in school.

Last edited 4/28/14 6:06PM server time by lungsofsteel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   4/28/14 6:05:21PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,433-855
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Pro Wrestling
"Unregulated" Fighting
Reality Television

Post #3   4/28/14 6:07:07PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:816-522
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I had 0 interest in pro wrestling from age like 12-13 until the recent Wrestlemania XXX, but some of my buddies are so into it so I kind of got back into it a little. I don't spend any money on fan gear or any of that but it's fun to get hammered w buddies who are super into it lmao. Idk if I'll ever get super into it, but it's a fun thing to casually follow w friends.

Back in my early days at UF I looooooved going to clubs with loud, high pulsating music but now you couldn't catch me dead in a place like that. I like a good sports/dive bar but don't have near the urge to get super fucked up like I once did.

Post #4   4/28/14 6:16:33PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Pro wrestling (which seems to be a theme here)

Metal music - I used to be really into bands, shows, new releases, etc but now I just listen to whatever. Don't even like talking to other metal fans.

Guns - Used to be really into shooting, but lost interest to an extent. Too expensive.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   4/28/14 6:38:45PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,013-583
Chips:
Still don't understand pro wrestling...
Staying up late, virtually all forms of junk food, Arnold movies...I think terminator 2 sucked me in and then it was funny listening to him jabber and make belligerent shouts while .murdering people.

Post #6   4/28/14 6:43:47PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Basketball - played everyday living in Florida. When I moved back to NY I just lost the want. My ankles and knees thank me for that.

I'm with you here, Shawn. I played nearly every day in my teens and was on the team in HS, now I can't even really watch the sport. I don't think you were saying that you disliked the sport now, but that's where I am at with it.

Fighting games: I used to live for these as a child and now I find them boring and pedestrian. I feel like the genre has maxed out its potential.

Drinking: I've all but quit drinking. I'll still put a few away when a friend comes in from out of town, but the amount of times I drink in a year is down to what I can count on one hand.

Button-masher games: Games like Super Smash Bros., Rachet & Clank, and God of War used to be some of my favorite games. Don't care for them anymore.

I have gotten back into a few things lately.

Comics: I never really got out of them as much as I just stopped collecting them. Now I've gone full speed ahead on collecting comics again and it's cool to relive some of those books I loved so much. Getting a bit expensive, though.

Vintage video games: I'm trying to buy some of my childhood favorites before they get any more expensive than they already are. I realize that most companies are putting all their old games out in a digital fashion, but I want to be able to share with my kids the early struggles that were inherent to the system. I want them to know the pain of having to beat the original Mega Man in one sitting because early some NES games didn't do passwords or saves. Digital copies have restore points and the ability to save anywhere, that stuff wasn't an option for me as a kid. I think it will be cool to be able to pass along all those original systems/games to my children.

Post #7   4/28/14 6:45:20PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,002-1,241
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
For me

Pro Wrestling

Video games - Still play sometimes but not nearly as much before.

Partying - Didn't do a ton back then but still enjoyed them, don't do them anymore.

Baseball

Golf

Rap/Hip Hop music - Still listen to it, but not nearly as much as back in the day.

Mafia movies/Gangster movies - Not so much anymore

Last edited 4/28/14 8:58PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   4/28/14 7:02:31PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-45

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,378-886
Chips:
Pro wrestling haha I was a diehard fan to a point where it became embarrassing. All I would wear to school is Stone Cold & The Rock tees. Mannnn I was a douche
Soon as I saw TUF1 it was game over.
My buddy ordered Wrestlemania 29 last year for shits & giggles but the whole thing has a very homosexual vibe to it now.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 3

Last edited 4/28/14 7:50PM server time by shanetpain
Edit note/reason: Example pic

Post #9   4/28/14 7:48:48PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,562-1,368
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Playing call of duty. A couple of years ago I was ranked top 10 in California for Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. I realized how much time it took up. Also ameture wrestling, I won 3 state titles in high school, was an all american in freestyle wrestling for over 6 straight years but once I got a full time job and got my degree I could not keep up with competing. I do miss the competition but not the weight cut.

Post #10   4/28/14 8:01:10PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,187-1,286
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Pro Wrestling. I shit you not I know a ton about this as I spent about 23 years of my life watching and studying the business. I even went to a school to learn to be one but lasted only three weeks. I still hope I randomly find myself on Jeopardy and a category for "History of Pro Wrestling" jumps on the board then it's all been worth my while. I stopped watching when my fave wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his family and the UFC gave me my new fix. Second thing would be smoking weed multiple times a day. For ten years I did this and a year ago I stopped. Now I smoke once or twice a month when there's a UFC and I have friends over.

Post #11   4/28/14 8:27:29PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Baseball

Post #12   4/28/14 8:30:08PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

was an all american in freestyle wrestling for over 6 straight years

How is that even possible?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #13   4/29/14 12:19:56AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Post #14   4/29/14 12:28:08AM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,349-774
Chips:
I'm only 19 but definitely seem to be growing up fast and changing a lot more than I realize after sitting back and thinking about it.

Loved pro wrestling like most people here as a kid but then moved onto MMA when I matured a little.

Partying has kind of flown past me too, it's really weird since I just became legal. When I was in grade 9-12 all I could think about was who I was gonna drink with that weekend, how could I sneak some of parents liquor etc.
Now ever since I graduated I couldn't really care less. College and fitness are much more a priority and that kinda pushed parties to the rear view mirror. I do enjoy drinking socially and what not but going to clubs, and 'fat house parties' is something I don't nearly care for as much, now I barely drink once a month.

Unfortunately I kind have forgotten about professional hockey as well. Was a huge Sharks and Rangers fan growing up but now I couldn't even tell you what place they finished in this season. I think that is partly because I'm more of a one sport kind of guy. Would rather just keep up with one and know everything going on instead of half paying attention to a few sports. MMA is that one in case anyone didn't follow

Post #15   4/29/14 12:43:22AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2