Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New PG Layout!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

To be honest, what I saw of the original ideas for the update blow this out of the water. There's a few new features and everything is moved around, but this feels like a step sideways rather than ahead. It has the feel of an old AOL site and really can't hold a candle to the other more polished MMA sites on the net. I tried it out on my smartphone and didn't notice any performance upgrade for the platform, so I'm a bit baffled here.

I'm no programmer and don't have a horse in this race really, but if my site had lost 85% of its players in the last several years, I'd have come out a hell of a lot stronger than this.

I'm with you on this, but we also saw something that not many other people got to see. If I remember correctly, didn't the dude who was working on that particular update turn out to be more trouble than he was worth?

Post #31   4/22/14 2:00:16PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Wow I wont have much time to look but I think its refreshing to see a change

Post #32   4/22/14 2:01:55PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I saw the comment from DTM about why Premium Memberships are no longer available. But I'd like to say that for myself, I'm happy to pay the $20 (or even somewhat more) to get an ad-free version. I don't know what the equivalent dollar figure is, or if that analysis was even done, but I'm just putting that out there in case others agree.

The Fight Companion page still has no link back to other pages on the site. I imagine this is to make it more printable...but does anyone really print out their fight companion?

It's early, but I like the format for picking winners/rounds/method better. I somewhat agree with what Svar said, although he is more blunt than I

Last edited 4/22/14 5:35PM server time by scoozna
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   4/22/14 5:29:57PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'd be happy to pay for a premium membership as well. However, the ads are nowhere near as bad as on the previous version of the site.

I like all the new additions, but thought the update would have been a bigger overhaul. Not complaining, as I'll take an update over nothing at all.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #34   4/22/14 6:16:14PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

The Fight Companion page still has no link back to other pages on the site. I imagine this is to make it more printable...but does anyone really print out their fight companion?

We live in the age where im pretty sure most of us screenshot our companions

Post #35   4/22/14 6:32:58PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,630-1,072
Chips:
The Good The Band and The Ugly. I am an emotional wreck right now and I don't know how to feel.

Post #36   4/23/14 7:00:45AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

I think this is what we needed. I'll be posting more often. It's way more smart phone friendly . I also think we will be getting an influx of newbies

This

I love the mass un-ban also.

Post #37   4/25/14 6:44:54AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by scoozna

Screen shot fight companion list.... Genius !! Haha, never thought of that

Post #38   4/25/14 9:41:43AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by scoozna

Me either...that is genius

Post #39   4/25/14 8:10:51PM   

Kaem

Learning to Sprawl

Kaem Avatar

Career:1,354-742
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
For all the effort put into this site for our enjoyment, I'm glad just about everyone is digging it. Unfortunately I hate change and am not feeling it. Just my .02 cents.

Post #40   4/25/14 8:33:50PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by scoozna

Lol, same here. I propped him telling him that. I always just keep a browser open with it there until the event is over.

Post #41   4/25/14 10:31:57PM   

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,883-1,079
Chips:

Posted by Kaem

For all the effort put into this site for our enjoyment, I'm glad just about everyone is digging it. Unfortunately I hate change and am not feeling it. Just my .02 cents.

I agree. I'll eventually get used to the new layout and maybe even prefer it in time but right now it is just a huge pain in the ass.

Post #42   4/25/14 11:15:54PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by airkerma

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by scoozna

Lol, same here. I propped him telling him that. I always just keep a browser open with it there until the event is over.

i screenshot my fight list, then use my picsart app on my phone to write my score in beside each fight, that way im not constantly trying to remember if i got 5,7 or 11 on a fight when im doing my pts totals

Post #43   4/27/14 7:04:36PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3