Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Holdsworth Interview - Talks UFC 173, PS4 and Ludwig's Departure

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:

PDG: Speaking of that UFC 173 main card, one of your teammates, TJ Dillashaw is facing the UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao. What do you think of that match-up?

Chris Holdsworth: I think it is a great match-up and I think TJ has the best chance to win the belt out of all of the top contenders at 135lbs right now. Obviously I train with the guy, I know where he is at mentally and physically and I think he is going to win the belt. It is going to be a great fight, Barao’s record speaks for itself, he is undefeated in his last 32 fights, so he is definitely the man right now and he will be going in there the champ. TJ is going to have to use all skills to take the belt and it is great to experience to see what he is going through heading up to this fight. He was originally expected to face Takeya Mizugaki but after Chris Weidman got hurt and they had to move his fight, TJ gets a shot now. Before they announced it I was wondering now who is going to headline this card? Will it be a big draw for the rest of the card? Then I wake up one morning and I hear TJ Dillashaw is fighting for the title. He is a good friend of mine and he deserves this opportunity.

PDG: Other big news has recently surfaced regarding your fight team, Team Alpha Male; Duane “Bang” Ludwig has announced that he will be leaving your team to open up his own gym/training center in Colorado. Do have any notions on what you will do when he leaves? Will you stay in Sacramento or make the move to Colorado?

Chris Holdsworth: Yeah it sucks to see Duane leave, just because he is a great role model for me and he has been such a great coach. I got love for the guy. We spent a lot of time learning the Bang Muay Thai system, so it sucks that he is leaving and then we will be getting a new coach and stuff like that. But you have to do what is best for you and makes you happy and for him a big part of that is his family. I still plan on working with Duane and I want to keep him around in my life and my career. I am definitely staying out here in Sacramento but if I get the chance to go train with him in Colorado or have him take a trip out here, that is definitely going to happen.

Here is the rest of the interview - Chris Holdsworth – UFC 173, PlayStation 4 and Bang Ludwig

I think some of those guys will be re-locating to Denver.

Post #1   4/19/14 11:50:10PM