Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White confirms winner of Travis Browne vs Fabricio Werdum will face Cain Velasquez in Mexico

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The UFC is coming to Mexico, and the winner of Travis Browne vs. Fabricio Werdum will face Cain Velasquez for the UFC heavyweight title in the main event.

Link

Post #1   4/17/14 3:44:53PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Pretty easy win for Cain against either of them IMO

Post #2   4/17/14 3:48:10PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by george112

I disagree. I think if one of these boys can't do it, he's clear for a couple of years but this is it.

Wedrum is gonna come out throwing knees, front kicks, headkicks, something nobody would dream of doing against Cain as he isn't afraid of being on his back

Browne is a 6'7 powerhouse with decent wrestling and a good striking game.

Both of these men have the power to finish Cain and have tools to keep Cain out of his distance.

If these boys can't do it I dont see many who can at this point but they are both legit threats.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   4/17/14 4:56:42PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
At least we know the Nov ppv.
Don't drink the water in Mexico.

The years end ppv window is slowly closing.
Nov Mexico
Dec Montreal and Vegas
Sept Toronto.

Oct
And Aug dates.

Hope Los Angeles gets one

Post #4   4/17/14 5:57:03PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by george112

I disagree. I think if one of these boys can't do it, he's clear for a couple of years but this is it.

Wedrum is gonna come out throwing knees, front kicks, headkicks, something nobody would dream of doing against Cain as he isn't afraid of being on his back

Browne is a 6'7 powerhouse with decent wrestling and a good striking game.

Both of these men have the power to finish Cain and have tools to keep Cain out of his distance.

If these boys can't do it I dont see many who can at this point but they are both legit threats.

Here is why I think these two are hardly a threat to Cain

Werdum -

Overrated. He beat Fedor and everyone thought he was the next coming or something. He hasn't proven one thing to me as far as competing with high level UFC guys.
Cain can more than stifle Werdum's ground game. he has the perfect physique to do so. Compact and very strong. ON TOP OF THAT Cain has outstanding wresting skills with above average striking. Werdum is a one trick pony, as in if he cant beat you on the ground he probably isn't going to beat you. Yeah he beats the guys he is supposed to beat, but Cain isn't one of those guys

Browne-

Browne I think has the better shot out of the two IMO. And I only say that because of his size and striking ability. BUT Cain has shown he can deal with size ie. Bigfoot & JDS

All of this is just my opinion of course .

Post #5   4/17/14 6:49:31PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,130-798
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think Cain should be a -500 betting favorite or better against either. I'd give Browne a better chance of winning though.

Both essentially are extremely limited in their ability to win vs Cain.

Werdum would need Cain to fight disrespectfully unintelligent and land in a submission position at some point, I don't see it as all that likely. While Browne is not a better striker then Werdum is a submission artist, at HW in a fight like this his striking is a more dangerous weapon then is Werdum's sub game, he can do what any HW who competently connects with his strike can do, immediately finish a fight. I think Browne has a better chance of KOing Cain then Werdum does of submitting him, the best chances for both at the end of the day imo. I think Cain smothers and relentlessly pummels and dominates both for a tko finish.

Last edited 4/17/14 7:23PM server time by GDPofMPG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   4/17/14 7:21:48PM