Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Soukoudjou speaks with UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Well I hope they sign him he's a pretty damn good up and comer

Post #16   6/21/07 8:39:37PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
The reason I dislike Dana is because he badmouths his talent, low balls most people, and plays favorites. Sure you can have a guy you want to build around, but man if he loses show the other guy some respect. As for Soko, he'll sign with the UFC for 75k+ a fight. Dana won't have any choice since he wants "all the mma talent". Soko's a young fighter and he'll only get better.

Post #17   6/21/07 9:06:32PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
I hope your right. It'd be a shame to lose a talent like him

Post #18   6/21/07 9:28:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
I hope i'm right to. Knowing Dana he'll come out saying "Soko's not even worth 20k a fight he's won twice against two junk fighters...." man i can't believe a man in his position says the things he says.

Post #19   6/21/07 9:32:01PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Posted by zephead

Posted by Primo

Who the hell would rather see Kang then Shogun?? Shogun is CLEARLY number 2 P4P in the world...thats like saying I would rather see Vera then Fedor/...UFC is cheap, and their business tactics will come back to haunt them one day...it's Dana White, not the Fertittas, the sooner the Fertittas cut Dana White (even though hes their childhood friend blah blah) the better off mma is.

Dana is being a businessman first and foremost. Do you think that DeWalt takes the first offer that Home Depots gives them to sell their product?? A price is given and that's a starting point. Then counter offers are made. If Souko took the UFC' offer, that's on him. He didn't take the offer and now he'll counter offer. It's called business.

As for MMA being better off without Dana, I really don't think so. Dana and the UFC plugged along. They got the TV deal with Spike. Oh, by the way, MMA blewup after that. They bought the WFA and WEC. Buying the WFA got them Rampage. They brought in Heath. Cro Cop. Now Big Nog. Talks about Chuck and Wandy finally fighting. The buying of Pride. UFC is talked about on ESPN. Showtime shows MMA. You have Bodog on ION. The WEC on Versus.

Yea, that damn Dana, ruining MMA.

First of all the Dewalt and Home Depot crap has nothing to do with anything. lol. Second of all it's the Fertittas that buy everything, not Dana White, so all of those points are mute. Finally Dana White underpays his fighters, believes he has a monopoly so he can do so, cusses like a fool and embarasses the company as it's President, claims the UFC doesn't need sponsors like Coke they need him, and makes outrageous claims like "Rampage koing Chuck was the same as Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson."

So there goes your point, sure he brokered a deal with spike, but mma is the type of sport that would've blown up regardless, and it's the Fertittas financial resources and backing that have made it was it is, not Dana White's interviews or stupid television deals that are now starting to hurt the business (HUGHES VS SERRA ANYBODY).....As for the "negotiations"...it really helped with Kang huh?? Shogun doesn't want to fight for UFC now, and Soko was offended. GREAT BUSINESS!!! PAYING CHUCK 500k FOR A PPV THAT HAS THE SAME BUYRATES AS A BOXING EVENT WHERE THE GUYS MAKE 20M EACH SAYS A LOT DOESN'T IT?!!!

Take a pill and chill bro. Just think like a businessman. That is all.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #20   6/21/07 9:36:44PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
If I thought like a businessman I wouldn't cuss every 5 seconds in an interview, I wouldn't diss potential sponsors like coke, and I wouldn't rip off my fighters and insult them after huge wins (Rampage)

However, I understand your point of view and respect your knowledge of mma.

Last edited 6/21/07 10:29PM server time by primo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   6/21/07 10:27:27PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Posted by Primo

I doubt he would dominate, he has a glass jaw watch his fight vs Teixera.

I wouldn't say he has a glass jaw, he's only been knocked out one time.

How many times has he fought?? How many times has he got hit?? Exactly

True.. which is why it's hard to determine his chin. Anyone can get knocked out on a given day, I just think it's to early to determine how good his chin is..

Post #22   6/22/07 12:28:16AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Well I was wrong...booo dana loses out.

Post #23   6/22/07 12:29:17AM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Posted by Primo

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Posted by Primo

I doubt he would dominate, he has a glass jaw watch his fight vs Teixera.

I wouldn't say he has a glass jaw, he's only been knocked out one time.

How many times has he fought?? How many times has he got hit?? Exactly

True.. which is why it's hard to determine his chin. Anyone can get knocked out on a given day, I just think it's to early to determine how good his chin is..

I just think IMO after watching his fight vs Teixeira he has a lot of problems absorbing shots. Doesn't matter, because Dana dropped the ball anyways.

Post #24   6/22/07 2:43:39AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2