Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Soukoudjou speaks with UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
PRIDE youngster Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been contacted about fighting in the UFC, but according to the 23-year-old Team Quest fighter, the offer was far from overwhelming.

link

Post #1   6/21/07 1:59:11PM   

ultimatefighter33

MMA Regular

ultimatefighter33 Avatar

Career:61-41
Chips:
dude this guy would dominate the 205 pound division i would for sure like to see him take on bisping or evans or ortiz

Post #2   6/21/07 2:37:19PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I doubt he would dominate, he has a glass jaw watch his fight vs Teixera. However if his opponents allowed him to dictate pace and didn't pose a threat striking (all of Chuck's opponents) he would destroy them. The ridiculous offer was 20,000 a fight....UFC make Don King look like a good businessman. They insulted Denis Kang and Shogun as well, Kang will most likely sign with Bodog, where as Shogun wants to stay with PRIDE under his original contract.

Post #3   6/21/07 3:08:16PM   

Krossinc

Learning to Sprawl

Career:71-56
Chips:
20k a fight? That's ridiculous. Shogun should be making several hundred K per fight, Kang at least a 100k, and Soko at least 75k. UFC is so cheap.

Post #4   6/21/07 3:40:50PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
Out of all of them Id love to see Kang. He adds depth to MW and hes so well rounded and exciting. I agree Soko and Shogun should make big bucks

Post #5   6/21/07 3:45:44PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
its the starting price, they're in negotations..
ufc knew soko wouldn't take that contract..

now soko is usin tactics like sayin he has multiple offers from companys to get ufc to raise this contract.

good stuff

Post #6   6/21/07 4:02:49PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
People are only worth what an organization willing to pay them... don't worry I'm sure he'll get what he's worth, whether it be from Bodog or some other organization.

Post #7   6/21/07 4:21:11PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Chips:
Who the hell would rather see Kang then Shogun?? Shogun is CLEARLY number 2 P4P in the world...thats like saying I would rather see Vera then Fedor/...UFC is cheap, and their business tactics will come back to haunt them one day...it's Dana White, not the Fertittas, the sooner the Fertittas cut Dana White (even though hes their childhood friend blah blah) the better off mma is.

Post #8   6/21/07 4:45:02PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Who the hell would rather see Kang then Shogun?? Shogun is CLEARLY number 2 P4P in the world...thats like saying I would rather see Vera then Fedor/...UFC is cheap, and their business tactics will come back to haunt them one day...it's Dana White, not the Fertittas, the sooner the Fertittas cut Dana White (even though hes their childhood friend blah blah) the better off mma is.

Dana is being a businessman first and foremost. Do you think that DeWalt takes the first offer that Home Depots gives them to sell their product?? A price is given and that's a starting point. Then counter offers are made. If Souko took the UFC' offer, that's on him. He didn't take the offer and now he'll counter offer. It's called business.

As for MMA being better off without Dana, I really don't think so. Dana and the UFC plugged along. They got the TV deal with Spike. Oh, by the way, MMA blewup after that. They bought the WFA and WEC. Buying the WFA got them Rampage. They brought in Heath. Cro Cop. Now Big Nog. Talks about Chuck and Wandy finally fighting. The buying of Pride. UFC is talked about on ESPN. Showtime shows MMA. You have Bodog on ION. The WEC on Versus.

Yea, that damn Dana, ruining MMA.

Last edited 6/21/07 5:05PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #9   6/21/07 5:04:41PM   

vcr88

Learning to Sprawl

vcr88 Avatar

Career:60-34
Camp: Adeo Armifer
Chips:
Ye agreed although i dont like what Dana and his company is doing to Pride he has done alot for MMA.

Post #10   6/21/07 5:26:29PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Primo

Dana is being a businessman first and foremost. Do you think that DeWalt takes the first offer that Home Depots gives them to sell their product?? A price is given and that's a starting point. Then counter offers are made. If Souko took the UFC' offer, that's on him. He didn't take the offer and now he'll counter offer. It's called business.

As for MMA being better off without Dana, I really don't think so. Dana and the UFC plugged along. They got the TV deal with Spike. Oh, by the way, MMA blewup after that. They bought the WFA and WEC. Buying the WFA got them Rampage. They brought in Heath. Cro Cop. Now Big Nog. Talks about Chuck and Wandy finally fighting. The buying of Pride. UFC is talked about on ESPN. Showtime shows MMA. You have Bodog on ION. The WEC on Versus.

First of all the Dewalt and Home Depot crap has nothing to do with anything. lol. Second of all it's the Fertittas that buy everything, not Dana White, so all of those points are mute. Finally Dana White underpays his fighters, believes he has a monopoly so he can do so, cusses like a fool and embarasses the company as it's President, claims the UFC doesn't need sponsors like Coke they need him, and makes outrageous claims like "Rampage koing Chuck was the same as Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson."

So there goes your point, sure he brokered a deal with spike, but mma is the type of sport that would've blown up regardless, and it's the Fertittas financial resources and backing that have made it was it is, not Dana White's interviews or stupid television deals that are now starting to hurt the business (HUGHES VS SERRA ANYBODY).....As for the "negotiations"...it really helped with Kang huh?? Shogun doesn't want to fight for UFC now, and Soko was offended. GREAT BUSINESS!!! PAYING CHUCK 500k FOR A PPV THAT HAS THE SAME BUYRATES AS A BOXING EVENT WHERE THE GUYS MAKE 20M EACH SAYS A LOT DOESN'T IT?!!!

Last edited 6/21/07 7:37PM server time by primo
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #11   6/21/07 7:36:55PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Chips:
BTW, his jealousy and bitterness towards PRIDE even showed itself at the original press conference, "I've been waiting for years to come over here and beat their f***in asses"....does he realize his "partners" just bought this company?? He convinces them (Fertittas) to let him try to steal all of their talent away, so when he has his big "mma superbowl" the UFC looks a lot better. Too bad the moron doesn't realize we all know who fought in PRIDE and treats mma fans like TUF noobs as a majority.

Post #12   6/21/07 7:39:58PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:

Posted by Primo

I doubt he would dominate, he has a glass jaw watch his fight vs Teixera.

I wouldn't say he has a glass jaw, he's only been knocked out one time.

Post #13   6/21/07 7:54:58PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Posted by Primo

I doubt he would dominate, he has a glass jaw watch his fight vs Teixera.

I wouldn't say he has a glass jaw, he's only been knocked out one time.

How many times has he fought?? How many times has he got hit?? Exactly

Post #14   6/21/07 8:13:30PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Primo

Cant say it any better, so Ill just coat-tail it... good post man.

Post #15   6/21/07 8:21:59PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2