Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Sanchez calls Pearson 'perfect opponent,' says he beats champ Pettis nine out of 10 times

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,955-937
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
He didn't look so great against Jury. However, he had a few fights prior to that. And in most of them, he either won or made it close.

Post #16   4/6/14 3:30:56PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by Dberntson

F$&*ing delusional. Pettis would embarrass him on the feat or the ground. Diego's only card is that he is a tough SOB. He should have been cut from the UFC a long time ago. The only thing that kept him their was that he was one of the first TUF Champs and that he must have something on Dana.

What the hell? Seriously, is this a serious post?

When should he have been cut? Did he bang your girlfriend or something because obviously you can't be speaking rational right now but only out of spite for god knows what reason. Diego is the Arturo Gatti of MMA. MOST EXCITING FIGHTER EVER...hands down. Add two more rounds to the Ellenberger and Melendez fights and he would of finished them or at least won a decision.

And how would he embarrass Diego on the ground? Diego has held his own with a BJJ great in Marcelo Garcia. Not to mention he's a better wrestler.

Why do people keep saying one sided losses? Hathaway and BJ are the only people who completely dominated him in shutouts. He hurt Kampman, Melendez, Ellenberger and Jury. I seriously don't understand the hate. Let the man have some damn confidence, Jesus Christ. Sorry you guys are perfect and manly enough to step your conceited asses into that cage your damn selves.

He is 3-5 over his last 8 bouts, but should be 1-7. He got a gift in both the Gomi and Kampman fights. The Melendez fight was never close. Yes he hurt Melendez with 1 punch, but Melendez hurt him 14 of the other 15 minutes. I don't have anything against him personally, but to say you would beat the champ 9 out of 10 times is a joke. He is way overrated and is the new Lenard Garcia. He gets props because he always moves forward and is as tough as hell, but he takes about 3 times the damage he delivers. I think the UFC has past him by. I think he probably belongs in the WSOF or Bellator. There's nothing wrong with that.

Your last comment is just stupid and childish. Nothing in my post was conceited as I said nothing about myself. In order to be conceited I would have t be bragging and talking about myself. I don't recall saying that I could beat Diego or talked about my perfection. Finally, I didn't know we all had to fight in the cage to be fans and have our own opinions (which is just that, opinions which are subjective).

5-5 in his last 10 not to mention he's fought nothing but elite fighters. Even Jury already beat Michael Johnson who's a title contender right now. It's not one's losing to guys on their way out. He's lost to prime fighters. I could get a lot of shit for this, but yo can make an argument Diego beat Kampman and Gomi. Not a popular one but you can make an argument nonetheless.

Nobody complains when Chael has gone 1-3 in his last 4. Arguably 1-4 because that Bisping fight was hella close. Nobody complained when Hardy went 0-4 and even Brown should of been cut long ago yet nowadays he's in title contention, if he loses to Pearson, then he should retire. He only has fights MAX left the way he fights so why not enjoy the ride while it last instead of shitting on him for giving the fans what they want? We will truly miss him when he's gone.

Post #17   4/6/14 4:12:31PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I want to watch the best fighters, not the fighters with the most heart. sorry Diego. But one more loss and I'll be happy to see you go.

Post #18   4/6/14 5:04:41PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by Dberntson

F$&*ing delusional. Pettis would embarrass him on the feat or the ground. Diego's only card is that he is a tough SOB. He should have been cut from the UFC a long time ago. The only thing that kept him their was that he was one of the first TUF Champs and that he must have something on Dana.

What the hell? Seriously, is this a serious post?

When should he have been cut? Did he bang your girlfriend or something because obviously you can't be speaking rational right now but only out of spite for god knows what reason. Diego is the Arturo Gatti of MMA. MOST EXCITING FIGHTER EVER...hands down. Add two more rounds to the Ellenberger and Melendez fights and he would of finished them or at least won a decision.

And how would he embarrass Diego on the ground? Diego has held his own with a BJJ great in Marcelo Garcia. Not to mention he's a better wrestler.

Why do people keep saying one sided losses? Hathaway and BJ are the only people who completely dominated him in shutouts. He hurt Kampman, Melendez, Ellenberger and Jury. I seriously don't understand the hate. Let the man have some damn confidence, Jesus Christ. Sorry you guys are perfect and manly enough to step your conceited asses into that cage your damn selves.

He is 3-5 over his last 8 bouts, but should be 1-7. He got a gift in both the Gomi and Kampman fights. The Melendez fight was never close. Yes he hurt Melendez with 1 punch, but Melendez hurt him 14 of the other 15 minutes. I don't have anything against him personally, but to say you would beat the champ 9 out of 10 times is a joke. He is way overrated and is the new Lenard Garcia. He gets props because he always moves forward and is as tough as hell, but he takes about 3 times the damage he delivers. I think the UFC has past him by. I think he probably belongs in the WSOF or Bellator. There's nothing wrong with that.

Your last comment is just stupid and childish. Nothing in my post was conceited as I said nothing about myself. In order to be conceited I would have t be bragging and talking about myself. I don't recall saying that I could beat Diego or talked about my perfection. Finally, I didn't know we all had to fight in the cage to be fans and have our own opinions (which is just that, opinions which are subjective).

5-5 in his last 10 not to mention he's fought nothing but elite fighters. Even Jury already beat Michael Johnson who's a title contender right now. It's not one's losing to guys on their way out. He's lost to prime fighters. I could get a lot of shit for this, but yo can make an argument Diego beat Kampman and Gomi. Not a popular one but you can make an argument nonetheless.

Nobody complains when Chael has gone 1-3 in his last 4. Arguably 1-4 because that Bisping fight was hella close. Nobody complained when Hardy went 0-4 and even Brown should of been cut long ago yet nowadays he's in title contention, if he loses to Pearson, then he should retire. He only has fights MAX left the way he fights so why not enjoy the ride while it last instead of shitting on him for giving the fans what they want? We will truly miss him when he's gone.

Most of us loved watching Liddell fight too but the time comes for every fighter.

I respect the hell out of Sanchez for all the entertainment he's provided but he hasn't evolved with the sport and he's no longer relevant in the division.

He gets hit more than any fighter in the entire organization, and he no longer seems to have the smothering wrestling to fall back on. At some point in his career he made the decision to change styles to a more fan friendly, but less successful style based upon plodding forward throwing haymakers. it may be fun to watch but it's resulted in him repeatedly getting picked apart by more technical strikers.

Post #19   4/6/14 9:50:07PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,955-937
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
The comparison to Liddell is pretty extreme. Nobody would have been pleading with Chuck to retire if he was only losing (generally close) decisions to guys like Gustafsson or Machida. That is the equivalent of what Jury is to the lightweight division.

This will all be moot after Diego does much better in his next fight and the guys that simply dislike his style don't have a reason to call for his release/retirement.

Post #20   4/7/14 10:43:52AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

The comparison to Liddell is pretty extreme. Nobody would have been pleading with Chuck to retire if he was only losing (generally close) decisions to guys like Gustafsson or Machida. That is the equivalent of what Jury is to the lightweight division.

This will all be moot after Diego does much better in his next fight and the guys that simply dislike his style don't have a reason to call for his release/retirement.

I know we dont agree much but damn this on point with my thinking. Chuck at the end was getting KOd left and right. Diego is taking contenders to hell and back with like I said in an earlier post, if all his fights went five rounds, he'd have a much better record.

Post #21   4/7/14 11:42:13AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,300-892
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
So much goal post moving.

Post #22   4/7/14 12:43:35PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by OnyxShadow

I know we dont agree much but damn this on point with my thinking. Chuck at the end was getting KOd left and right. Diego is taking contenders to hell and back with like I said in an earlier post, if all his fights went five rounds, he'd have a much better record.

Diego hasn't taken anyone to hell in years, unless you count the hell of hearing the judges award him decisions in fights he was dominated in.

He hasn't knocked anyone out in 7 years, or submitted anyone with his supposedly awesome BJJ in 10 years.

He should be able to beat Pearson but if he gets picked apart again its time to cut ties with him.

Post #23   4/7/14 2:18:54PM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:
I like watching Diego come out crazy style and getting punched in the face a lot.

Post #24   4/7/14 3:14:59PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by OnyxShadow

Is that suppose to be a joke? So he didnt almost nearly finish Melendez and Ellenberger?

Diego hasn't taken anyone to hell in years, unless you count the hell of hearing the judges award him decisions in fights he was dominated in.

He hasn't knocked anyone out in 7 years, or submitted anyone with his supposedly awesome BJJ in 10 years.

He should be able to beat Pearson but if he gets picked apart again its time to cut ties with him.

So he didnt almost finish Melendez and Ellenberger? Have you watched those fights?

Though if he loses to Pearson he needs to hang em up.

Last edited 4/7/14 7:51PM server time by 40ouncetpkid
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   4/7/14 7:49:14PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2