Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Sanchez calls Pearson 'perfect opponent,' says he beats champ Pettis nine out of 10 times

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Even though Diego Sanchez admits he could encounter the same type of fight that led to a recent loss, he calls Ross Pearson “the perfect opponent.”

Link

Post #1   4/5/14 9:52:26PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Chips:
PETTIS?!?!?! Really...Pettis would pick him apart standing; literally from head to toe, from start to finish...I don't even imagine the fight being competitive or entertaining, unless watching Diego take on another epic beating and not flat lining is your idea of entertainment.

Post #2   4/5/14 11:47:11PM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,052-611
Camp: TKO
Chips:
F$&*ing delusional. Pettis would embarrass him on the feat or the ground. Diego's only card is that he is a tough SOB. He should have been cut from the UFC a long time ago. The only thing that kept him their was that he was one of the first TUF Champs and that he must have something on Dana.

Post #3   4/5/14 11:56:57PM   

nirvana184

Standup Guy

nirvana184 Avatar

Career:734-468
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Diego, you so crazy.

Post #4   4/6/14 12:59:35AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He wouldn't beat Pettis 0 out of 20 fights

Post #5   4/6/14 1:06:01AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,441-1,325
Chips:
Maybe I'm crazy but I actually think Diego matches up really well against Pettis. Don't get me wrong, he just lost a pretty one sided decision to Myles Jury so that doesn't bode too well for him but let's not forget Clay Guida. Diegp has a very similar style to Guida and I definitely think his pressure style could win 1 outta 10 times between him and Pettis. 9 outta 10 is a bit of a stretch, but fighters need to be confident

Post #6   4/6/14 3:16:10AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Post #7   4/6/14 5:01:21AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

F$&*ing delusional. Pettis would embarrass him on the feat or the ground. Diego's only card is that he is a tough SOB. He should have been cut from the UFC a long time ago. The only thing that kept him their was that he was one of the first TUF Champs and that he must have something on Dana.

What the hell? Seriously, is this a serious post?

When should he have been cut? Did he bang your girlfriend or something because obviously you can't be speaking rational right now but only out of spite for god knows what reason. Diego is the Arturo Gatti of MMA. MOST EXCITING FIGHTER EVER...hands down. Add two more rounds to the Ellenberger and Melendez fights and he would of finished them or at least won a decision.

And how would he embarrass Diego on the ground? Diego has held his own with a BJJ great in Marcelo Garcia. Not to mention he's a better wrestler.

Why do people keep saying one sided losses? Hathaway and BJ are the only people who completely dominated him in shutouts. He hurt Kampman, Melendez, Ellenberger and Jury. I seriously don't understand the hate. Let the man have some damn confidence, Jesus Christ. Sorry you guys are perfect and manly enough to step your conceited asses into that cage your damn selves.

Post #8   4/6/14 5:09:46AM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
When Diego or another just bleed fighter finally gets a severe brain injury Dana's gonna be sent packing, the UFC won't be able to promote action fights the same way, and MMA will die.

Post #9   4/6/14 8:00:43AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,545-1,824
Chips:
I think the problem with Diego these days is that he wants to entertain his fans. He prefers the excitement of stand and bang, to grind and win, and lets face it, as fans, so do we. He is still very legit on the ground, and a match for anyone in the stand up, so while others have evolved more by mixing up their MMA ,Diego has probably stood still due to his exciting wars. And while it is probably true that against the elite in the division he may come off second best most of the time these days due to his desire to put on exciting shows, he is still the type of fighter who can pull off a win against anyone regardless where the fight goes due to his skills,and heart so it would be folly to write him off completely

Post #10   4/6/14 8:25:18AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,052-611
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by Dberntson

What the hell? Seriously, is this a serious post?

When should he have been cut? Did he bang your girlfriend or something because obviously you can't be speaking rational right now but only out of spite for god knows what reason. Diego is the Arturo Gatti of MMA. MOST EXCITING FIGHTER EVER...hands down. Add two more rounds to the Ellenberger and Melendez fights and he would of finished them or at least won a decision.

And how would he embarrass Diego on the ground? Diego has held his own with a BJJ great in Marcelo Garcia. Not to mention he's a better wrestler.

Why do people keep saying one sided losses? Hathaway and BJ are the only people who completely dominated him in shutouts. He hurt Kampman, Melendez, Ellenberger and Jury. I seriously don't understand the hate. Let the man have some damn confidence, Jesus Christ. Sorry you guys are perfect and manly enough to step your conceited asses into that cage your damn selves.

He is 3-5 over his last 8 bouts, but should be 1-7. He got a gift in both the Gomi and Kampman fights. The Melendez fight was never close. Yes he hurt Melendez with 1 punch, but Melendez hurt him 14 of the other 15 minutes. I don't have anything against him personally, but to say you would beat the champ 9 out of 10 times is a joke. He is way overrated and is the new Lenard Garcia. He gets props because he always moves forward and is as tough as hell, but he takes about 3 times the damage he delivers. I think the UFC has past him by. I think he probably belongs in the WSOF or Bellator. There's nothing wrong with that.

Your last comment is just stupid and childish. Nothing in my post was conceited as I said nothing about myself. In order to be conceited I would have t be bragging and talking about myself. I don't recall saying that I could beat Diego or talked about my perfection. Finally, I didn't know we all had to fight in the cage to be fans and have our own opinions (which is just that, opinions which are subjective).

Post #11   4/6/14 9:19:04AM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,097-1,296
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Diego is looking for a reaction, thats it. He seem to has succeeded on here at least.

Post #12   4/6/14 9:19:16AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,230-857
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Diego is looking for a reaction, thats it. He seem to has succeeded on here at least.

Yeah, I think he is playing into the perception at this point

Also, I was gonna post more but dberston covered most of my points. Out side of sports entertainment purposes, Diego is and has been a guy who could be cut. He's dangerous to anyone he fights but better then just about nobody.

Last edited 4/6/14 11:59AM server time by gdpofmpg
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   4/6/14 11:56:00AM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,916-927
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
Diego makes a fight of it with pretty much anyone. I could see him edging it out a couple times out of 10.

Post #14   4/6/14 12:37:43PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Diego makes a fight of it with pretty much anyone. I could see him edging it out a couple times out of 10.

I agree, especially if hitting 1/15 take downs and losing the striking exchanges wins you a fight

Post #15   4/6/14 1:02:17PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2