Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Barao vs. Dillashaw takes UFC 173 main event

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,799-2,627
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by prozacnation1978

May be worst title fight ever for me on paper
Then again never seen a bantamweight title fight. At least main event is a title fight and tickets will be cheap.
I still think ufc needs to add one more fight to ppv and move mizugaki off the card.
Add schaub vs hunt
Or even Joe lauzon vs miles jury

If TJ fights anything like he did against Easton it will be entertaining.

I would rather see tj fight than raphael assuncao or take yo mizugaki

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #16   3/28/14 1:42:38PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,720-2,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Barao fought a much better wrestler in Faber, and a much better striker in MacDonald and Wineland..i dont see how Barao can't finish this..

Post #17   3/28/14 2:32:10PM   

isk

Belt Contender

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:
Great fight, and I'm not saying that just because I called for it recently.

While Raphael Assuncao schooled Mike Easton, TJ Dillashaw did more in every category - more aggression, more output, more damage. There's also the comments from Urijah Faber that attest to Dillashaw's attitude in the gym and his credible threat to the belt.

Beyond the question of health and injuries at the time, I'm curious how well Dillashaw's punch-heavy attack will match up against Renan Barao's kicks. Dillashaw's got some nice kicks of his own, but they're a newer weapon in comparison to the champ's.

I think Dillashaw's key is to press forward early, don't let Barao get comfortable, but remain mindful of Barao's ability to counter in the pocket. Land good combinations, stay unpredictable, check every single leg kick, and keep those hands up at all times.

No doubt that Barao will be Dillashaw's toughest opponent, and the betting line will likely side with the champ. But if any bantamweight can score the upset, I think Dillashaw's the guy.

Post #18   3/28/14 3:42:01PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,110-1,936
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think it's a good fight too soon for TJ, but I don't have a big problem with this. Imo, TJ is a future type guy, a young fighter with a potentially limitless like Dodson or McDonald. I got Barao, but you never know.

Post #19   3/28/14 5:13:33PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2