Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Shogun and Hendo PLEASE RETIRE! (No Spoilers)

Print  
Posted By Message

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
They gave us another epic. They gave us everything they had over their careers, so many wars I will always love and appreciate as a fan. Its time for them both to retire. Perfect time to ride out into the sunlight!

I couldnt bare to see them go on and lose to guys they would of destroyed in their primes.

Post #1   3/23/14 10:08:45PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hendo just signed another 4 fight deal actually

Post #2   3/23/14 10:10:03PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,335-763
Chips:
Honestly Shogun looked much improved and I believe he just got caught, I think he still has some time left and wouldn't mind seeing him continue on.
Dan on the other hand, I would like to see retire. He looked pretty old out there imo. Everything he was throwing was very predictable and was losing handily til he caught him perfectly there, he definitely still has the power but I would be perfectly content if he decided to retire off of that epic win.
Both guys put on an awesome fight and showed they have a lot of heart, both are true legends of the sport

Post #3   3/23/14 11:14:07PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Honestly Shogun looked much improved and I believe he just got caught, I think he still has some time left and wouldn't mind seeing him continue on.
Dan on the other hand, I would like to see retire. He looked pretty old out there imo. Everything he was throwing was very predictable and was losing handily til he caught him perfectly there, he definitely still has the power but I would be perfectly content if he decided to retire off of that epic win.
Both guys put on an awesome fight and showed they have a lot of heart, both are true legends of the sport

Couldn't agree more.

Post #4   3/24/14 9:01:07AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
Yeah, I agree with DD. Shogun looked great until Hendo clipped him. He would have finished a lot of people with the punches he was hitting Dan with. I think Shogun still has a few more fights left in him. I agree about Hendo though. He looked slow for most of that fight and he took too much punishment again. I was happy he pulled it off but I was hoping he'd go out with the win. End one of the best careers in mma with an exciting comeback tko over the guy that gave him the best fight of his career. It's the perfect ending.

Post #5   3/24/14 9:24:09AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,130-798
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I hate these types of threads. So pointless. You don't like it, don't watch it.

Post #6   3/24/14 10:38:14AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
At the start of the 3rd I had written Hendo off. I was already thinking Hendo/Rampage2 In Bellator. Then he did what he always does.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #7   3/24/14 12:15:30PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

What the hell? What an idiot. Obviously you cant comprehend the point of the thread. How about if you hate these threads so bad, then don't read them genius?

Who really wants to see them get KOd by Anthony Johnson or somebody when this is the perfect fight to have gone out like legends. Its obvious neither will ever get another title shot.

Why fade into oblivion forgettably like Chuck, Franklin, and Fedor when you can go out like Lennox Lewis, GSP, and like Forrest-Tito With a bang.

Last edited 3/24/14 2:19PM server time by 40ouncetpkid
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/24/14 2:15:12PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I still wanna see hen do vs wandy rematch

Post #9   3/24/14 3:05:41PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by GDPofMPG

What the hell? What an idiot. Obviously you cant comprehend the point of the thread. How about if you hate these threads so bad, then don't read them genius?

Who really wants to see them get KOd by Anthony Johnson or somebody when this is the perfect fight to have gone out like legends. Its obvious neither will ever get another title shot.

Why fade into oblivion forgettably like Chuck, Franklin, and Fedor when you can go out like Lennox Lewis, GSP, and like Forrest-Tito With a bang.

Titles are not everything to these guys. Money is.

Post #10   3/24/14 3:40:51PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Hendo just signed another 4 fight deal actually

I thought I heard 6 fights...but either way, i'm shocked. I won't get on the retire-train until he loses a couple in a row again.

Post #11   3/24/14 4:55:54PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by GDPofMPG

Titles are not everything to these guys. Money is.

At what cost though? They both looked like a shell of their former selves. It was exciting but I really fear for both of them going forward. Just look at their recent records, Shogun is 3-5 since winning the UFC title from Lyoto Machida almost four years ago. Henderson is 1-3 since the last Shogun fight.

The only reason the fight was so epic is because all they have left is power. Like Rampage. I can only see them beating the B-C level guys but even the B level guys aren't guaranteed wins anymore. Shogun went to hell and back with Brandon Vera. Henderson's chin has been cracked. At least Big Nog has good boxing and BJJ too keep him competitive even with a cracked chin. All Hendo has anymore is a puncher's chance. And with his chin cracked after all the wars it's extremely dangerous for him to go forward.

To make good money you need big money fights. Their are only so many James TeHuna's, Brandon Vera's that they can beat before having to step back up against younger, fresher, faster, and stronger guys.

I fucking love these guys, like I said, I'd hate to see them end their career by getting KO'd by an Anthony Johnson, Miniwa, or possibly KO'd or wrestlefucked by Ryan Bader.

Post #12   3/25/14 7:40:30AM   

tildengolfer

MMA Regular

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:629-425
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
A lot of time Dana will sign fighters close to retiring to a multi-fight deal. Makes sense because he doesn't want the big names going anywhere else. I'm sure there's an exit clause for retirement. I think Anderson Silva inked an 8 fight deal a little ways ago.

Post #13   4/5/14 4:42:16PM   

tildengolfer

MMA Regular

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:629-425
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
I got off topic lol sorry. I agree, I think shogun and hendo need to get out while they can. I think shogun might have a little more in his tank but as far hendo he needs to retire if he can't get that title shot. Plus hendo without TRT? Who knows what we will see....

Post #14   4/5/14 4:44:33PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I also believe Shogun looked great up until the Ko. I picked Hendo for the KO win but thought Hendo looked like crap till he finished Shogun. I think Hendo should of retired after that fight, though Shogun should still keep going for several more.

Post #15   4/5/14 5:54:46PM