Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

who should fight Johny Hendricks for the title next?

Print  
next ww title shot?
Robbie Lawler 0 0%
Rory MacDonald 10 23%
Hector Lombard 9 21%
Tyron Woodley 19 44%
Nick Diaz 3 7%
Dong Hyun Kim 2 5%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,168-1,976
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Right now, my title picture shakes down like this:

1 Lombard
2 Woodley

Either one getting the shot is okay but I'd prefer Lombard, he's looked much better at WW and through out his entire career, he is in a better position to compete for the title now. Woodley looks to me like he still has room to further develop, while Hector is and has looked at his peak and is running out of time to compete within that window.

3 Lawler
4 McDonald

I think Lawler deserves a instant rematch more then does Rory deserve a title shot. The argument Robbie could of won last night on points is legit (round one was not at all as Rogan described it when it was over), and I definitely feel he won a 25 minute fight, individual round scoring be damned.

5 through 7 consists of Trec Saffadine, Matt Brown and Dong Hyun Kim in that order. Terec is slipping by being on the sideline right now.

8 is Carlos Condit given he was defeated, legit as well, not conventional in the end, but it was a result of Woodley's actions in the fight weather intentional or not. He will be out for a while though so he's going to be a 2nd tier contender on his return needing probably two wins or one great win to get back to a title match.

9 through 11 is Ellenberger, Shields, Maia then Kampmann in that order, three wins required.

12 through 15 would be Gastelum, Nelson and Pyle.

If Nick Diaz decided to return from hiding, he'd be in the 9 through 15 range.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   3/17/14 7:02:43PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sparky

I would prefer to see Hendricks vs Lombard over Hendricks vs Woodley to be completely honest.

Anyone saying they dont want to see Hendricks vs Diaz are crazy in my eyes. I would be all for watching those two throw down.

Nick is the type of fighter I will always be interested in seeing fight and Diaz vs Hendricks would sell huge and lets face it to the UFC sales matter

I doubt it would sell well at all, how could they market Diaz as a legitimate threat to Hendricks?

Even when he was relevant he couldn't wrestle, I doubt he's changed that while he sat out and begged for another title shot.

Post #17   3/17/14 7:12:47PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 43-10

sparky Avatar

Career:4,923-2,716
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by sparky

I would prefer to see Hendricks vs Lombard over Hendricks vs Woodley to be completely honest.

Anyone saying they dont want to see Hendricks vs Diaz are crazy in my eyes. I would be all for watching those two throw down.

Nick is the type of fighter I will always be interested in seeing fight and Diaz vs Hendricks would sell huge and lets face it to the UFC sales matter

I doubt it would sell well at all, how could they market Diaz as a legitimate threat to Hendricks?

Even when he was relevant he couldn't wrestle, I doubt he's changed that while he sat out and begged for another title shot.

Dude if they make this fight happen at anytime I will AV Bet you Diaz wins

I'm that guy

Post #18   3/17/14 7:34:29PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:766-470
Chips:

Posted by mk1630

I think Rory is at least 1 win away, hopefully 2 away from a shot. The reason I push Woodley over Lombard is because he just beat the guy who everyone picked to get the next shot. Dude was ranked #2 and Woodley dominated him.

I wouldn't say he dominated him. It looked like a pretty good back and forth upto the knee blowout. I agree that Tyron gets the next shot, as he's been a beast lately

Post #19   3/17/14 10:04:46PM   

State_Champ

"I love you, my bitches!"

State_Champ Avatar

Career:2,278-1,416
Chips:
I'd really like to see Lombard in a 5 round main event before he fights for the title. just once. Put him in with Macdonald or Lawler, and have Woodley fight 'Big Rig'

Yes, I know there is no guarantee that Lombard would go all 5 rounds..

Post #20   3/17/14 10:05:35PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,103-1,461
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I personally think Rory is the next legitimate decision. Lawler had his chance, and everyone else is on the back burner, Woodley won via injury and Lombard couldn't finish shields. It only make logical sense, I don't agree with it either but it's reality. I personally am a Diaz nuthugger so he's my dream choice, personally realistic choice though is Woodley. But only uncle Dana will decide....

Post #21   3/18/14 3:43:17AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,168-1,976
Chips:
One of the main reasons I can't truly say Woodley belongs in a title match is because he couldn't do a thing to Shields and he got murdered by Marquardt.

Where on the other side, Lombard just trashed Shields easily and chewed up and spit out Marquardt in less then two minutes.

MMA math isn't everything, but having a pretty solid foundation on which to compare guys does mean something.

Post #22   3/18/14 10:44:15AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,906-2,697
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Either way this year
Will be a hell of a year for welterweight fights
And title fights.

Sad to say. I'm glad gsp reign is over
This is gonna be fun to watch

Post #23   3/18/14 4:19:28PM   

LooseCannon

In Full Mount

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:2,834-1,680
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I would like to see Nick Diaz get the next title shot just because it would be the most entertaining with all the hype & trash talk. The most deserving IMO is Hector Lombard because his dominant win over Jake Shields, who recently beat Woodley, was better then a win by a fluke injury default. Rory McDonald makes the most sense though because he's a high ranked contender coming off a solid win (over Maia) & is also marketable to all the Canadian fans as the next GSP.

Post #24   3/18/14 8:54:38PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Let the Dong bang.

Post #25   3/20/14 9:51:01AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2