Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

How Russian President Vladimir Putin Changed One MMA Fighter's Life

Print  
Posted By Message

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,130-798
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
DISCLAIMER: I know this will stir conversation beyond the content of this story itself given the gravity of circumstance regarding world issues and Russia's ruler, but I'm posting it anyways.

Anthony is an old friend of mine and a stand up person and family man before anything else so I'd thought I'd share the story of his sacrifice and the fortune it brought him.

How Russian President Vladimir Putin Changed One MMA Fighter's Life

Anthony Ruiz's crooked face brought forth a smile and some timely advice from Vladimir Putin.

A judo black belt who penned a book and starred in a DVD touting the grappling art, Putin is said to be especially enamored with combat sports because of what they reveal about people.

In recent years, Putin famously sat ringside in Moscow and Saint Petersburg paying respects to ethnic Russian heavyweight icon Fedor Emelianenko. Neither of those bouts, however, provided the former KGB officer a chance to see the mettle of a man.

Read more...

Post #1   3/14/14 7:30:43PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
awesome story

Post #2   3/14/14 7:43:10PM