Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fight Camp Weight Classes (Poll)

Print  
Fight Camp Weight Classes?
Keep it the same 23 44%
Change it up 29 56%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,435-3,037
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by xdanish020

This thread is kind of old, but I would love to make the HW class a little bit bigger, something like 23-25 members at minimum instead of 18. I believe this would make the division a little bit more competitive instead of having CPT run away with championships each year.

That would just make LHW bigger. HW is already the smallest division.

CPT is the prob, not division size

Maybe, maybe not....like I said, it could force teams to pickup players to stay in the division. I just think 19 is too small a number for the biggest class camp size on the site.

CPT is good, no doubt...I give them props, but half the reason is because of the minimum member count, I just believe it would be more competitive with 23-25 members instead.

Posted by Shawn91111

Nobody said you had to have 44 members

No kidding, but when I debanded Valcom and joined up with PM there was really no way around it....plus we enjoy having an active Camp Forum, which I'm 100% positive is the best and most active on the site.

Last edited 6/30/14 11:31PM server time by xdanish020
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #31   6/30/14 11:29:02PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,138-2,222
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by Kpro

Posted by xdanish020

This thread is kind of old, but I would love to make the HW class a little bit bigger, something like 23-25 members at minimum instead of 18. I believe this would make the division a little bit more competitive instead of having CPT run away with championships each year.

That would just make LHW bigger. HW is already the smallest division.

CPT is the prob, not division size

Maybe, maybe not....like I said, it could force teams to pickup players to stay in the division. I just think 19 is too small a number for the biggest class camp size on the site.

CPT is good, no doubt...I give them props, but half the reason is because of the minimum member count, I just believe it would be more competitive with 23-25 members instead.

Posted by Shawn91111

Nobody said you had to have 44 members

No kidding, but when I debanded Valcom and joined up with PM there was really no way around it....plus we enjoy having an active Camp Forum, which I'm 100% positive is the best and most active on the site.

You know this from being in every other camp or something?

Post #32   7/1/14 10:15:34AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
So teams are forced to add dead weight because other teams don't want to cut anyone? Also and, fuck off Tuvok before I say this, but CPT was winning when they had members into the high 30's...low 30's..high 20's and low 20's...making teams add 4 more members really isn't going to make it anymore competitive.

Post #33   7/1/14 10:19:29AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Why not keep the min. where it is..but a max. of 25..it would force camps to split...giving more camps..more competition

Post #34   7/1/14 10:22:59AM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

So teams are forced to add dead weight because other teams don't want to cut anyone? Also and, fuck off Tuvok before I say this, but CPT was winning when they had members into the high 30's...low 30's..high 20's and low 20's...making teams add 4 more members really isn't going to make it anymore competitive.

Disagree completely. Nobody is forced to do anything, you can choose to add more players and move up a division or keep your current roster and compete in a different division....nobody is forcing you to do anything, you have a choice in the matter.

When I ran Valcom we split championships with CPT 2-2, before the roster sizes were switched, so yes I still believe the minimum camp size has a lot to do with teams winning.

I'm just trying to make the division more competitive. Nobody wants to be in a league where the same team continues to win 3-4 times in a row...there needs to be more diversity and the roster size would help change that.

Last edited 7/1/14 8:59PM server time by xdanish020

Post #35   7/1/14 8:57:49PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,453
Chips:
I wouldn't mind raising the minimum up a few but if it means NOT being in the same division as CPT and Dark Horse then I don't wanna do it.

Post #36   7/1/14 9:13:58PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by Shawn91111

Disagree completely. Nobody is forced to do anything, you can choose to add more players and move up a division or keep your current roster and compete in a different division....nobody is forcing you to do anything, you have a choice in the matter.

When I ran Valcom we split championships with CPT 2-2, before the roster sizes were switched, so yes I still believe the minimum camp size has a lot to do with teams winning.

I'm just trying to make the division more competitive. Nobody wants to be in a league where the same team continues to win 3-4 times in a row...there needs to be more diversity and the roster size would help change that.

but raising the minimum you would decrease the size of the division. You say you arent making anyone do anything but you are.

Post #37   7/1/14 11:16:58PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by Shawn91111

but raising the minimum you would decrease the size of the division. You say you arent making anyone do anything but you are.

You would have the option of adding more players to stay in the division. 23-25 isn't such a huge difference at all that it can't be attainable by any team that has the minimum 19 players. It's not as if we are trying to double the output, just raise it up to around 25 players minimum for Heavyweight.

Post #38   7/2/14 12:40:50AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by Shawn91111

You would have the option of adding more players to stay in the division. 23-25 isn't such a huge difference at all that it can't be attainable by any team that has the minimum 19 players. It's not as if we are trying to double the output, just raise it up to around 25 players minimum for Heavyweight.

You just said nobody is forced to do anything, now I'm forced to find 6 players who will take a good 6-8 events to get acclimated with the camp and how it's ran, not to mention pickings out there are pretty dry so I have to add below average players.

Post #39   7/2/14 8:41:58AM   

LooseCannon

In Full Mount

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:3,098-1,813
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
You don't have to do anything, but if you want to stay a HW you're gonna have to put on some weight & it might not all be muscle at first.

Post #40   7/2/14 1:24:02PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Thats retarded, so I have to add sub standard players? Nah the way it is fine.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #41   7/2/14 1:32:22PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Great line LooseCannon but increasing camp size requirements wont change much IMO. We lost a few players late last season so I think we started the season at 22 players so our low current count is very recent. The fact is we have a recruiting advantage with how often we win. We added one of the best pick %age guys in the league and the top all time $ winner. I've been with the team since season 14 and almost everyone on the team has been around the top at some point, so simply put, we have a team of killers without any weak players dragging us down, and no shortage of top players wanting to join. You guys just need to up your game like you did last season, changing the rules wont stop us.

Last edited 7/4/14 5:12PM server time by traveller77
2 total post edits

Post #42   7/4/14 5:05:14PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by traveller77

Great line LooseCannon but increasing camp size requirements wont change much IMO. We lost a few players late last season so I think we started the season at 22 players so our low current count is very recent. The fact is we have a recruiting advantage with how often we win. We added one of the best pick %age guys in the league and the top all time $ winner. I've been with the team since season 14 and almost everyone on the team has been around the top at some point, so simply put, we have a team of killers without any weak players dragging us down, and no shortage of top players wanting to join. You guys just need to up your game like you did last season, changing the rules wont stop us.

Where is that mole I sent to CPT. Cant find good help anymore

Post #43   7/4/14 6:17:11PM   

traveller77

Standup Guy

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,467-756
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
He's still here, its your duplicate account and even you cant bring yourself to betray us. (he's doing a great job BTW)

Post #44   7/4/14 6:32:03PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

You don't have to do anything, but if you want to stay a HW you're gonna have to put on some weight & it might not all be muscle at first.

It's funny he doesn't seem to get that he has an option here, if it were to happen. Nothing is forced and I'm not sure why it's being assumed that if players did have to be added, that they are going to be sub-standard players?

Post #45   7/20/14 4:02:20AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4