Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ovince St Preux Shoots on UFC 171, Nikita Krylov and MMA Current Events

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:

PDG: Onto some recent events in MMA. Gilbert Melendez got a new deal after tempting free agency. During that whole ordeal Bellator got a little attention out of it because they were the next option for him. How much do you think Bellator is actually competition to the UFC?

OSP: As of right now, not really. They do have a lot of good fighters. But as of right now, no. There are always going to be other organizations out there. The thing is, if Bellator was to sign Gilbert then the 155 weight class would have been stacked. But at the same time, the UFC knows how to make good business decisions. That is why every year they are the number one organization in the world. I am blessed to be fighting for them too. At the end of the day, that is why they have to do what they do.

PDG: Speaking of other recent events, what are your thoughts on the banning of TRT?

OSP: Honestly, with TRT and stuff, I don’t get in to it. I am training myself to be the best that I can. I just leave that alone. I don’t need it in my system, I don’t need anything like that. They say I can’t take it, so I don’t take it. That is point blank. If it is bad and they say it is so, then it is bad. There are plenty of supplements out there that always come out that are supposed to be the next best thing. Everybody says, “Ok, I am using it.” The next couple of months down the road, it gets banned. Every single year there is a new supplement that is introduced and then banned. This is going to continue to happen within sports. But at the same time, I know what to take and what not to take.

Post #1   3/11/14 3:33:43AM