Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ann Wolfe: 'I'd f*ck Ronda Rousey up'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
One of the most powerful punchers in the history of women's combat sports makes her opinion on what would happen if she fought Ronda Rousey very clear.

Link

Post #1   3/10/14 12:59:24PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Until she broke your arm.

Post #2   3/10/14 1:04:33PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,113-786
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Ann Wolfe is pretty serious though weather it would happen or not.

Post #3   3/10/14 1:07:29PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

James Toney was still an active HW when he tried to knock out Randy, Anne Wolfe hasn't fought since 06. I don't see this ending any different then the last MMA vs Boxing match we had.

Post #4   3/10/14 1:39:18PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

James Toney was still an active HW when he tried to knock out Randy, Anne Wolfe hasn't fought since 06. I don't see this ending any different then the last MMA vs Boxing match we had.

Given that you are using Toney as an example, you shouldn't.

Post #5   3/10/14 2:27:29PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Wolfe could hit like a truck back in her day, and is actually a trainer herself and has a strong mind for combat sports. If she was in her prime, she'd be a better version of Holly Holm and on the right track to beat some RR ass.

"If" being the operative word there.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   3/10/14 2:44:51PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Love her already

Post #7   3/10/14 3:24:41PM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,004-584
Camp: TKO
Chips:
She sounds like a female version of Rampage talking and considering that she retired in 2006, she is probably about as relevent as James Tony when he challenged Couture.

Post #8   3/10/14 3:34:44PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

Your going to have to give me a little more then that. You had an active HW fight an active HW. You are now talking about an active champ with world class grappling fighting a woman who last boxed in 06. I know it wasn't james toney of old or anything but what makes you think Ann Wolf makes a better case.

Post #9   3/10/14 4:09:43PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

Your going to have to give me a little more then that. You had an active HW fight an active HW. You are now talking about an active champ with world class grappling fighting a woman who last boxed in 06. I know it wasn't james toney of old or anything but what makes you think Ann Wolf makes a better case.

I said Wolfe is serious, heavy, based off of boxing history, her proven legacy, she kills other women only with her hands, regardless if the scenario she herself described, a streetfight, ever happened or not. Any inferring about them being in a match is being done by you so not sure why your asking me about it, I never made a case about Wolfe for anything other then what is already known by a lot of people, she is a very serious lady. As for your example tying into this, I think it's every bit as valid as someone saying 'we all saw what happened with Ray Mercer and Tim Sylvia, I don't see this ending any different then that'. If your going to limit analysis to a single example, how would the possibility of variation even exist? Punches have ended plenty of fights between various combatants before grappling even has a chance to be part of the equation.

Post #10   3/10/14 4:42:23PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
God I love Anne Wolfe and James Kirkland! Anne Wolfe is no joke, look her up on YouTube. If you thought Rousey was scared of Cyborg, she would leave the damn country to avoid Wolfe.

Post #11   3/10/14 5:39:41PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,675-1,472
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Ronda would just add another arm to her collection

Post #12   3/10/14 7:09:21PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Being out if the game so long
Why even bother

Post #13   3/10/14 7:35:05PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:985-525
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
In the immortal words of Jonny Bones, "Cmon son."

Now we just got a bunch of these hoes calling Ronda out trying to cash in on a big a Zuffa check.

Post #14   3/10/14 7:53:38PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

I said Wolfe is serious, heavy, based off of boxing history, her proven legacy, she kills other women only with her hands, regardless if the scenario she herself described, a streetfight, ever happened or not. Any inferring about them being in a match is being done by you so not sure why your asking me about it, I never made a case about Wolfe for anything other then what is already known by a lot of people, she is a very serious lady. As for your example tying into this, I think it's every bit as valid as someone saying 'we all saw what happened with Ray Mercer and Tim Sylvia, I don't see this ending any different then that'. If your going to limit analysis to a single example, how would the possibility of variation even exist? Punches have ended plenty of fights between various combatants before grappling even has a chance to be part of the equation.

Not going to lie had a shitty day, I took your wordsout of context and assumed we knew I meant a MMA bout. Tim Sylvia and ray mercer where both jokes by that time. The submission arts have proven time and time again that in clash of styles they are the safer bet. Now your going to take a hybrid fighter and match her with a boxer, who has not fought in 7 years. Reminds me of Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie. See as the sport evolved we found these hybrid fighters to have enough skill to usually beat the submission fighters. So while I used a very easy to understand example there are other ways to analyze it. You instead decided to pick two out of shape has beens, who didn't even fight on cable tv.

Post #15   3/10/14 7:58:57PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2