Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: I’ve Talked to Kurt Angle, But He’d Get “Destroyed” in MMA

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,018-656
Chips:
hey if he fights in the octagon, I am for sure gonna fly to las vegas and buy tickets just so i can get the chant goin " U Suck!.......U Suck!...... to his entrance music. He will forever hear the chant !

Post #16   6/20/07 1:26:57PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,157-889
Chips:
you peeps need to recongize this.

1st. There has been wide speculation that Kurt is involved with the most recent online steriod ring, so first the man needs to pass that little test.

2nd and however, Kurt Angle is a freak. The man would prolly be 205lber. He walks at like 225 right now so its no stretch to think he would go to that class with the most exciting peeps anyway. Also take into account what was already said. Angle has a great threshold for pain after all the man did win a gold medal with a broken freakin neck ;p.

3rd Wrestlers dominate MMA, when it comes to wrestling, Kurt is the best he is sickly strong, and very fit, Kurt is someone who even without good BJJ skills can come right in, and win with simply picking someone up, putting them on the mat, and either sitting there to run out the clock or doing some ground and pound.

Kurt has the tools to at least be descent while learning. Kinda like Kos

Post #17   6/20/07 3:29:15PM   

KillaMed87

MMA Regular

KillaMed87 Avatar

Career:43-25
Chips:
Yea i def agree, hes a nasty wrestler and is physicaly strong. Id like to see him take on Monson

Post #18   6/20/07 6:45:35PM   

ultimatefighter33

MMA Regular

ultimatefighter33 Avatar

Career:61-41
Chips:
it shouldnt even cross angles mind to even step into the world of mma it would save him a bunch of medical bills

Post #19   6/20/07 7:09:05PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
let's save the talk till he signed on the dotted line

Post #20   6/20/07 7:12:41PM   

mma4life

Learning to Sprawl

Career:414-257
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I agree with dana white and most of you guyz

Post #21   6/20/07 9:33:07PM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
IMHO I think Angle looks like he is on the verge of a full blown heart failure. He looks like a tomato when he wrestles! He would get tortured in MMA and be in a whole new world of hurt and doctors bills. I can't image Angle taking a punch. I just can't!

Post #22   6/21/07 8:26:14AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I can't really hate on kurt cuz He's a really nice guy, but I think the man has taken a few to many chair shots. He IS a great wrestler and they usually do good in pride but kurt is almost 40, has a bad neck, and I seriously question his health. The guy looks sick compared to how he used to look. But if the man thinks he'd be the best in mma then Give him a fight agianst the best.

Debut both on the same night. Kurt Angle vs. Fedor Emelianko!

Post #23   6/22/07 11:26:26AM   

Therion

Learning to Sprawl

Career:51-29
Chips:
i agree with the majority but this sport is full off suprises so you never know

Post #24   6/22/07 12:18:06PM   

m0nk3y

Learning to Sprawl

m0nk3y Avatar

Career:65-48
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I can't really hate on kurt cuz He's a really nice guy, but I think the man has taken a few to many chair shots. He IS a great wrestler and they usually do good in pride but kurt is almost 40, has a bad neck, and I seriously question his health. The guy looks sick compared to how he used to look. But if the man thinks he'd be the best in mma then Give him a fight agianst the best.

Debut both on the same night. Kurt Angle vs. Fedor Emelianko!

if that doesn't kill him , i'll believe he has a chance ... lol ;)

Post #25   9/22/07 1:03:07AM   

Irish209

MMA Regular

Irish209 Avatar

Career:34-42
Chips:
kurt angle says that he's taken plenty of punches and been in many street fights..thats what he said in his book! but of course he would get a boxing coach before going into mma.He's not dumb hes an american icon!!! ITS TRUE,ITS TRUE!

Post #26   9/22/07 6:59:20AM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
Angle is a much better wrestler then Couture. Couture's striking is not the best, but it's enough to make it by. Angle has been talking about MMA for a while, if he's actually been training for it as well all this time, some of you guys might be in for a rude awakening, and show the Olympian some respect. What fraction of the human population has the dedication to train all day every day, to not only make it to the Olympics but win a gold medal? And how many have done that with a broken neck? Angle is an incredible athlete that is truly unique.

Post #27   9/22/07 10:22:28AM   

x_soa_x

MMA Regular

Career:61-38
Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

Angle is a much better wrestler then Couture. Couture's striking is not the best, but it's enough to make it by. Angle has been talking about MMA for a while, if he's actually been training for it as well all this time, some of you guys might be in for a rude awakening, and show the Olympian some respect. What fraction of the human population has the dedication to train all day every day, to not only make it to the Olympics but win a gold medal? And how many have done that with a broken neck? Angle is an incredible athlete that is truly unique.

His neck wasn't broken, it was just in severe danger of re-breaking.

Post #28   9/22/07 11:08:42AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Kurt's a great athlete who claims he would own Brock backstage when they would grapple, which personally I doubt. I think Brock Lesnar is a freak, and much stronger then Kurt, however Kurt is much more accomplished. As long as he knew submission and GNP he would do better then good, the guy is tough as nails and has an uncanny threshold for pain, not to mention crazy intensity. Don't forget the Ankle Lock!!! lol

Their was a radio talk show I used to listen to called the wrestling guys when I was in school.One thing that was talked about one night was an apparent "real" wrestling match between Angle and Broc Lesner back stage at an event.From what the talk show host said,Angle apparently put Lesner to shame.

I'm not sure how true this was.But they were pretty accurate on quiet a few of these backstage stories they spoke of.That being said,I couldn't count Kurt completley out.That was also probably 8 years ago too,so a lot can change between then and now.

Post #29   9/22/07 4:44:02PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

Kurt Vs. Coleman would be a good fight to see.

no it wouldnt... i think if kurt started training with dan, matt and randy then yes it would and coleman would get owned .. but just sarting now... now ******* way

Post #30   9/24/07 1:00:11AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2