Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett off Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

The_Iceman

Learning to Sprawl

The_Iceman Avatar

Career:904-545
Camp: Dutch Top Team
Chips:
Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett, who was set to face Victor “Joe Boxer” Valenzuela in a rematch on Friday night's Strikeforce event, is off of the fight card. Bennett was recently arrested, with a booking date of June 15, 2007, for two charges of violating his probation in Marion County, Fla. Apparently, he will not be able to clear up his legal troubles in time to make the fight.

Bennett is an unorthodox fighter that established himself with EliteXC, which is co-promoting Friday's Strikeforce "Shamrock vs. Baroni" event in San Jose, Calif., by knocking out KJ Noons at EliteXC's inaugural event on Showtime earlier this year.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   6/19/07 4:18:18PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
the strikeforce card is falling apart!

no gina carno
no ninja rua
no krazy horse!

Post #2   6/19/07 4:57:23PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

the strikeforce card is falling apart!

no gina carno
no ninja rua
no krazy horse!

Was Gina supposed to be on this card? Or was she supposed to be on the K-1 Dynamite card?

And they did get a decent replacement for Rua in Niko...

I still have a good feeling about this card, and think it'll be well worth the money

Post #3   6/19/07 4:59:30PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
haha.. have fun in jail jerkoff.

Post #4   6/19/07 5:11:45PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Anyone know why he was on probation?

Post #5   6/19/07 5:27:04PM   

The_Iceman

Learning to Sprawl

The_Iceman Avatar

Career:904-545
Camp: Dutch Top Team
Chips:
I heard Gina will join the commentary team during the Shamrock vs. Baroni fight!!

Post #6   6/19/07 5:34:57PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
this guy is a disgrace!

I really wanted to see Joe K him TFO ..

Post #7   6/19/07 9:43:44PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
How is Bennett a discrace? him gettin arrested probably has nothin to do with mma. MMA fighters have problems to.
if bennett is a discrace for having problems then I guess Tito is a discrace to because he tried to committ suicide, and Royce is a discrace because he took steroids. and melvin because of the cocaine incident (well yeah he is).

Post #8   6/19/07 10:08:57PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

How is Bennett a discrace? him gettin arrested probably has nothin to do with mma. MMA fighters have problems to.
if bennett is a discrace for having problems then I guess Tito is a discrace to because he tried to committ suicide, and Royce is a discrace because he took steroids. and melvin because of the cocaine incident (well yeah he is).

krazy horse is a crack head end of story he should be in jail for life

Last edited 6/19/07 10:54PM server time by jdubs
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   6/19/07 10:54:18PM   

fatdevil1982

MMA Regular

fatdevil1982 Avatar

Career:637-417
Camp: WNYMMA
Chips:
Arrested Friday on a pair of probation violations, Charles Bennett (Pictures)'s participation on June 22's co-promotion between Strikeforce and EliteXC is in peril.

The 27-year-old lightweight from Ocala, Fla. with a long history of legal troubles is meeting with prosecutors on Tuesday, said EliteXC vice president Jared Shaw, as the mixed martial arts promotional company hopes to free Bennett (17-13-2) in time to fight Victor Valenzuela (Pictures) on pay-per-view from San Jose, Calif.

Bennett and Valenzuela (5-1-2) fought to a draw in August 2005.

If "Krazy Horse" is unable to fight, EliteXC has tabbed another Floridian, James Edson Berto (Pictures), to take Bennett's place. Berto (10-3-1) won his previous EliteXC contest, a stoppage over John Shackelford (Pictures) in February.

The Fight Network reported on Tuesday that Bennett has been booked in Marion County Jail 22 times since Dec. 1997 on charges ranging from traffic violations, drug possession, kidnapping and false imprisonment. Bennett has been arrested three times in the last 12 months.

Post #10   6/20/07 6:59:39AM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
People just dont see the true Krazy Horse.

I mean look at his picture. Doesnt he look like a good guy.

You just want to "pitch" his cheeks...

Post #11   6/20/07 7:04:05AM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
He looks like Kimbo's younger brother

Post #12   6/20/07 12:41:12PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Anybody mixed martial arts participant testing positive for steroids is a disgrace in my opinion. At least with as high levels that Royce got, which means he didn't get it through supplements.
So Royce right now until he admits it and gets a proper punishment for it is a disgrace.
Melvin is defintely a disgrace. I don't even need to say more about that.
Tito trying to commit suicide doesn't make him a disgrace of MMA in my book. There are personal problems and there are problems that directly affects the sport and it's participants. I havn't heard the story about him trying to commit suicide but if it's true, I'm sure he didn't do it to harm anybody.

Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett is a huge disgrace to this sport. He's been in and out of jail for a while now, doing drugs, beating his girl and being in prison for all kinds of things. Him having problems has nothing to do with it. Vitor Belforts sister got kidnapped and I believe killed, it doesn't mean he has to go on a rampage committing crimes and as far as I know he hasn't.
Everybody's got a different life story but I don't buy this "he has problems, she has problems" crap. Even if you feel sorry for them if they had a tough upbringing and stuff, it doesn't mean that they havn't had chances to pull themselves together.
Beating your girlfriend (that's what domestic violence means right?) when on probation doesn't sound like a guy with character to me.

Post #13   6/20/07 6:08:17PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Bad news for "Joe Boxer"(Victor Valenzuela)...because if Edson Berto is half the fighter his brother is(Andre Berto..boxer)..he is gonna put an ass whoopin on Vic!!

I say Berto wins 1st round KO

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 6/22/07 12:01AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #14   6/21/07 11:58:43PM