Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

CSAC: Gracie's Results Off The Chart.

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:

In the wake of Royce Gracie's (Pictures) positive test for steroids, the California State Athletic Commission released details Monday that the Brazilian mixed martial arts icon showed such elevated levels of Nandrolone, a common anabolic steroid, that it could not be registered by the testing lab.

Link.

Post #1   6/19/07 5:57:09AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Ok, now I'm confused. The first article said trace amounts and now this one says the complete opposite. I don't get it...

Post #2   6/19/07 7:04:58AM   

cincyassasin

MMA Regular

cincyassasin Avatar

Career:1,170-865
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
I don'y buy it.......somethin fishy goin on

Post #3   6/19/07 7:09:51AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Thanks for the link.

Just the thought of Royce taking steroids and thereby risking his family name and reputation makes the whole thing unbelievable to me.
Yet it seems very legit and hopefully he'll get repremanded by both the commission and his relatives.

Post #4   6/19/07 7:23:10AM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
For a guy that juiced up he's damn small!

Post #5   6/19/07 7:43:47AM   

MMA_Needs_Mayhem

MMA Regular

MMA_Needs_Mayhem Avatar

Career:660-423
Chips:

Posted by Fanboy 1988

For a guy that juiced up he's damn small!

I wouldn't say that, for that fight he looked a little more defined and bigger than previous fights such as Hughes. He looks skinnier in the past than this fight, these testing results may be the answer to that conundrum.

Post #6   6/19/07 7:54:10AM   

hunterlcs92

Learning to Sprawl

hunterlcs92 Avatar

Career:118-96
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
personally i think it might be some meds hes taking. messing up your name in his situation is to big a risk

Post #7   6/19/07 8:23:40AM   

Signal2112

Standup Guy

Signal2112 Avatar

Career:52-22
Chips:
Conflicting reports, hmm....

Post #8   6/19/07 8:25:01AM   

ArtGuy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:360-228
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
They wrote the first article before the commission released specifics. The fact is he cheated and should be ashamed.

Post #9   6/19/07 8:42:01AM   

fatdevil1982

MMA Regular

fatdevil1982 Avatar

Career:637-417
Camp: WNYMMA
Chips:
i dont know wheather or not its true, but

yes he did look much more defined than normal

some steroids dont build muscle, they help heal it, so now you can get longer and harder work outs

as far as his family name, if he did then wow, his family will be pissed

i personaly dont think he would, but maybe K-1 put alot of pressure on him to "put on a good show" and he felt getting a little more defined would help

i guess we will get the whole truth in time

Post #10   6/19/07 9:30:32AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ArtGuy

They wrote the first article before the commission released specifics. The fact is he cheated and should be ashamed.

Specifics would be the amount that was detected. The difference between traces and off the charts is not a matter of specifics.

There is also another part to the story and it extends to other steroid tests in MMA and other sports. Some guys test positive for steroids because their trainers spike their drinks/food without the athlete knowing about it.

I'm not saying that Royce is/isn't guilty, but the whole situation is really not making sense to me. Just like Lance Armstrong. This might be the last fight in Royce's career, why would he taint a really good record/reputation. I unsderstand some of the younger generation being tempted to take steroids, but Royce's career is coming to an end.

For you conspiracy theorists out there, it is also possible that opponents of MMA might be using any tool they can get their hands on to lower the image of MMA.

Post #11   6/19/07 10:02:29AM   

cincyassasin

MMA Regular

cincyassasin Avatar

Career:1,170-865
Camp: TEAM DEMON
Chips:
Nandrolone is a weird substance folks. Just to give you an idea of what you're dealing with, here's a little reminder of a previous incident involving Nandrolone.

"Although his debut ended in success – Marquardt earned a decision victory over UFC veteran Ivan Salaverry – post-fight drug testing controversy led to Marquardt's suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Marquardt tested positive for high levels of nandrolone, which led the commission to file for his suspension. Marquardt maintains that he only used over-the-counter supplements in preparation for his fight – a claim which seems to have been affirmed by a follow-up drug test that found Marquardt to be free of illegal substances. Regardless, Marquardt's suspension was lifted in January 2006.[8]"

Source: Nate Marquardt's Wikipedia entry (if that's not concrete enough you can verify it through several online MMA sources).

Now if this were Boldenone, you can say everything you want to say without any remorse. If it were stanozolol you can say what you will but there are sometimes circumstances where its use can be justified (If I remember correctly, it's often used as a theraputic treatment for fighters that undergo surgery, possibly in combination with other drugs for a speedier recovery).

Before we start putting the Gracie legacy into question lets take his word until proven undoubtably.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #12   6/19/07 11:06:25AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I know Royce wouldn't knowingly do this to me! I'm praying that somethings fishy...but by the looks of it, he cheated . I'm heartbroken.

Post #13   6/19/07 11:15:56AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by cincyassasin

Nandrolone is a weird substance folks. Just to give you an idea of what you're dealing with, here's a little reminder of a previous incident involving Nandrolone.

"Although his debut ended in success – Marquardt earned a decision victory over UFC veteran Ivan Salaverry – post-fight drug testing controversy led to Marquardt's suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Marquardt tested positive for high levels of nandrolone, which led the commission to file for his suspension. Marquardt maintains that he only used over-the-counter supplements in preparation for his fight – a claim which seems to have been affirmed by a follow-up drug test that found Marquardt to be free of illegal substances. Regardless, Marquardt's suspension was lifted in January 2006.[8]"

Source: Nate Marquardt's Wikipedia entry (if that's not concrete enough you can verify it through several online MMA sources).

Now if this were Boldenone, you can say everything you want to say without any remorse. If it were stanozolol you can say what you will but there are sometimes circumstances where its use can be justified (If I remember correctly, it's often used as a theraputic treatment for fighters that undergo surgery, possibly in combination with other drugs for a speedier recovery).

Before we start putting the Gracie legacy into question lets take his word until proven undoubtably.

Nah, theres no reason to hold one fighter above another where this is concerned. The fact that Renzo already spoke on it leads me to believe that he knows more than hes saying. Gracie or not, he should be held accountable.

Post #14   6/19/07 11:36:05AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:
If these guys are only using over the counter legal substances, they should test the effects of the substances that they are using on nandrolone levels.

It's a no-brainer.

Post #15   6/19/07 12:00:20PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3