Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Corry Hill With MFS?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Nice to see MFS picking up some young guys and trying to mold some future superstars. Watch out for him at 155. In about 8 months to a year of solid training with MFS he's gonna be a beast.

Post #16   6/19/07 3:57:07PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Now that Coreys with mfs the lw divison is gonna be in trouble with corey hill.

Post #17   6/19/07 4:54:49PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Nice to see MFS picking up some young guys and trying to mold some future superstars. Watch out for him at 155. In about 8 months to a year of solid training with MFS he's gonna be a beast.

Seems like they have a good bunch of young guys, with all those folks fighting for the Silverbacks in the IFL...

Anyone know... If you're on the TUF show, are you locked into a UFC contract? Or could Hill possibly start out in the IFL to gain more experience?

Post #18   6/19/07 4:57:30PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Anyone know... If you're on the TUF show, are you locked into a UFC contract?

Nope. Only the winner is guaranteed to even be offered a contract, and he'd still have to sign it (actually, they probably have to sign a provisional contract up front, to agree to appear in the Finale if they should advance that far). I imagine there are contractual obligations around appearing on the show, not revealing the fight winners and so forth, but that'd be different.

Last edited 6/19/07 5:05PM server time by AchillesHeel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   6/19/07 5:04:34PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Nope. Only the winner is guaranteed to even be offered a contract, and he'd still have to sign it (actually, they probably have to sign a provisional contract up front, to agree to appear in the Finale if they should advance that far). I imagine there are contractual obligations around appearing on the show, not revealing the fight winners and so forth, but that'd be different.

Then I think the IFL would be a great place for him... Just don't know what they'd do with Paleszewski and him both at the same weight...

I wonder how hell bent he is at fighting at 155?

Post #20   6/19/07 5:30:10PM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by DJDark41

Seems like they have a good bunch of young guys, with all those folks fighting for the Silverbacks in the IFL...

Anyone know... If you're on the TUF show, are you locked into a UFC contract? Or could Hill possibly start out in the IFL to gain more experience?

Thats one of the problems i have with TUF, only the winner is guaranteed a contract but lets be real there are a ton of guys from TUF that get UFC contracts anyway just b/c they gain popularity from the show. Pretty much half the people u see on any TUF show u can be sure u will see in the UFC at some point. Anyway the best thing for Corry Hill to do is to go to the WEC and gain experience, Zuffa (mainly Dana White) doesn't like the IFL so i think that'd be a bad bet for Corry to go there. After training with MFS though he's really going to be a forced to be reckoned with

Post #21   6/19/07 5:46:50PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:

Posted by MattHughesFan

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by DJDark41

Thats one of the problems i have with TUF, only the winner is guaranteed a contract but lets be real there are a ton of guys from TUF that get UFC contracts anyway just b/c they gain popularity from the show. Pretty much half the people u see on any TUF show u can be sure u will see in the UFC at some point. Anyway the best thing for Corry Hill to do is to go to the WEC and gain experience, Zuffa (mainly Dana White) doesn't like the IFL so i think that'd be a bad bet for Corry to go there. After training with MFS though he's really going to be a forced to be reckoned with

Joe Lauzon earned a fight or two in the UFC before TUF with the KO of Pulver, but I agree that the bar is lower for the TUF fighters in general.

Post #22   6/19/07 5:58:09PM   

Damien6663

MMA Regular

Damien6663 Avatar

Career:81-26
Chips:
Corey is going to be a beast, he looked great against diaz. This guy has so much potential, and with his size will cause matchup hell for most lhw's. He also is a very good wrestler, if he can improve that jitsu he will be a beast.

Post #23   6/19/07 8:34:35PM   

Ulio

Learning to Sprawl

Ulio Avatar

Career:386-264
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Ya he will have a great future if he continues to grow and i hope he fights soon i too think he should goto wec or something before debuting in ufc seens tuf fights dont count.

Post #24   6/19/07 9:03:08PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Damien6663

Corey is going to be a beast, he looked great against diaz. This guy has so much potential, and with his size will cause matchup hell for most lhw's. He also is a very good wrestler, if he can improve that jitsu he will be a beast.

corey is a light weight not a Light heavyweight. (not tryin to be an ass, just clearing that up)

Post #25   6/19/07 9:51:32PM   

Signal2112

Standup Guy

Signal2112 Avatar

Career:52-22
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Not only that, compact fighters tend to be tougher to wrestle. I think a compact wrestler like Sherk (with a good shoot) would be a tough match up for someone like Corey (regardless of his level of training)

Yeah, because Sherk has a low center of gravity, he could be throwing Corey on his back before he knew what hit him.

Post #26   6/21/07 6:51:09AM   

spider1179

MMA Regular

spider1179 Avatar

Career:788-526
Chips:
I'm not suprised by this at all. Hill is raw talent. He needs to be with a good camp like MFS to develop into a great MMA fighter in the LW division.

Post #27   6/21/07 3:25:13PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

actually from all ive heard every contestant on tuf has a contract with the ufc from the time they sign on to do the show, granted im sure its loose and can be dropped or gotten out of, but im pretty damn sure every contestant has one

Post #28   6/21/07 3:31:41PM   

Signal2112

Standup Guy

Signal2112 Avatar

Career:52-22
Chips:
I don't think we'll ever be seeing Gabe again...

Post #29   6/21/07 4:26:45PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2