Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

nitricoxide supplements

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
anyone take them, u think they work? have u cut weight or gained weight? i started a month ago and i swear i feel a difference lifting.. or it might just be the good old placebo scheme goin on in my head

oh yea if so what brand are u using

Post #1   6/18/07 9:08:34PM   

ordean

Learning to Sprawl

ordean Avatar

Career:341-247
Chips:
I had some from GNC. I took them in the AM and then before workout. Cardio and revovery went off the charts. Not something I would take all the time but if you are struggling to stay in a work out they seemed to help.

Post #2   6/20/07 2:50:54PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
I have been using NOExplode for a while(as directed,) and I swear by it. It is human rocket fuel. You can seriously lift at least 10lbs more on just about everything in the gym. I am not sure about the stamina though. I will drink it before MMA class recently, and I have been gassing about 45 minutes in. I used to have better stamina.

Post #3   6/20/07 10:38:02PM   

brucelee82

Learning to Sprawl

Career:312-178
Chips:
I agree NOExplode is very good. It has ceatine in it so you do gain some weight but you can lose it really fast as well. I was definatly able to lift more 10-20lbs right off. I also felt like it helped increase my cardio. Maybe it didnt increase my cardio but it definatly decreased the resting period I need to recover.

Post #4   6/22/07 9:03:06AM   

JGeyer23

Learning to Sprawl

JGeyer23 Avatar

Career:19-7
Chips:
Nitric oxide is good for recovery as someone mentioned before.. it is a vasodilator (makes your blood vessels larger) which allows more nutrients to be available to your muscles. Many people use NO supplements for that reason and also for the "pump" that they give.. I personally feel that this pump is useless because it doesn't make you any stronger or more in shape.. just makes you feel bigger for a little while. NO-Xplode is a good product though because of the creatine in it.. creatine will increase strength and endurance.. creatine should be a staple in the diet of anyone who regularly takes part in any sort of training.

Also, if anyone who is looking for a supplement that will boost recovery rate as well as endurance (GREAT for MMA training) you really should look into Body Octane by MAN sports. I am in no way affiliated with this company, but I swear by this product ever since I first used it. If anyone is interested, you can shoot me a PM and I can tell you the best place to get it..

Post #5   6/26/07 7:51:18PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Chips:
NO Explode is not a sufficient source of creatine. It has a small amount. About 1/20 the amount of any suggested usage of the supplement.

I would disagree that the pump doesn't help you. It allows you to lift/work out more than normal which helps rip muscle cells at a higher rate.

Post #6   6/26/07 9:07:04PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Chips:
i have always used superpump250 but i bought some no xplode and that stuff kind of mad me feel crazy, i can only imagine how much caffine it has per serving

Post #7   6/27/07 12:23:57AM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Chips:
I thought the same, but it has none. Caffeine actually does the opposite of NO so it can't be used together. caffeine shrinks cells while the NO is expanding them, so don't drink a power drink before or after drinking NOexplode.

Post #8   6/27/07 12:46:14AM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

I thought the same, but it has none. Caffeine actually does the opposite of NO so it can't be used together. caffeine shrinks cells while the NO is expanding them, so don't drink a power drink before or after drinking NOexplode.

i dont know man, i think it does.. i heard a couple people say they keep it off the label or something?? i dont know just what i have heard but u may be right

Post #9   6/27/07 2:43:40PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jdubs

Posted by johny_rotten

i dont know man, i think it does.. i heard a couple people say they keep it off the label or something?? i dont know just what i have heard but u may be right

You know that is super illegal to keep something off the label, right? I am dead serious though. My sister is a pharmacist, and I check with her before I take any supplement or drug. She told me to avoid any caffeine with it, because they work against each other. Read the label it warns you not to drink caffeine with it.

Post #10   6/27/07 8:27:37PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Chips:
i just looked at the label and it says it has methylxandine (caffine) the question is how much?

Post #11   6/27/07 11:29:24PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jdubs

i just looked at the label and it says it has methylxandine (caffine) the question is how much?

Wow I was wrong!!! Stupid sister.

On a side note I am glad you brought this to my attention. That type of caffine is also a diuretic. That explained a lot for me, I will spare the details.

Post #12   6/28/07 12:34:58AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by jdubs

On a side note I am glad you brought this to my attention. That type of caffine is also a diuretic. That explained a lot for me, I will spare the details.

Haha, I heard the same thing though, I thought caffeine was the opposite of NO. BTW, is it really illegal for some of these companies to keep stuff off the label? Whenever I read the ingredients it says its not authorized by the FDA, so is there any laws still governing them to put anything and everything that is in the supplement on the label?

Post #13   6/29/07 2:15:55PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Haha, I heard the same thing though, I thought caffeine was the opposite of NO. BTW, is it really illegal for some of these companies to keep stuff off the label? Whenever I read the ingredients it says its not authorized by the FDA, so is there any laws still governing them to put anything and everything that is in the supplement on the label?

The FDA is crap, if you want to see how much the FDA looks out for us read Kevin Trudeau's book, it will open your eyes.

Post #14   6/29/07 2:46:30PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by jdubs

If they keep something off the label, and someone is allergic or has a bad reaction to what ever wasn't listed the company would be very liable in a court of law.

What I am curious of is all the athletes that are claiming they didn't know they were taking something that made them fail the post fight drug test. Both Rocye and Vitor said everything they took was sold to them at GNC. In lue of that there has been no retort if this is possible or not. I would love to know what products at GNC if any could make you fail the drug tests they are taking.

Post #15   6/30/07 3:21:55PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2