Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Official scorecards for Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson at UFC on FOX 10

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,359-3,295
Chips:
Check out the scorecards for Saturday’s UFC on FOX 10 headliner between Benson Henderson (20-3 MMA, 8-1 UFC) and fellow lightweight Josh Thomson (20-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC).

Link

Post #1   1/25/14 11:52:00PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The 49-46 threw me off. I thought Josh won a razor thin decision. I can't get mad at the split for Bendo, though. Could have gone either way.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   1/26/14 1:10:48AM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,641-3,724
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
close fight, i had Bendo winning.

Post #3   1/26/14 1:46:45AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,359-3,295
Chips:
I'm not agreeing with 49-46 but I thought Bendo won a close decision. It's getting to the point now where a lot of fans grab their pitchforks and scream robbery with every close decision.

I especially feel bad for Ben. Fans have turned on him for winning close decisions and labeled him the new Leonard Garcia but to me that's crazy. In his UFC career he's comfortably beaten Bocek, Miller, Guida, Edar (1), and Diaz. The 2nd Edgar fight and Melendez fight were close and could have easily gone either way but he shouldn't be blamed for it. Edgar, Melendez, and Thomson are among the elite 155ers.

Post #4   1/26/14 1:54:34AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
It isn't just MMA. Society as a whole whines about everything when someone loses anymore. Its the refs in the other huge sports leagues. Im pretty sure no team in the NFL this year lost a game that wasn't caused by the refs. Ill go ahead and predict that the refs will cost (insert losing team) the super bowl this year.

Whether its Jones/Gusta or GSP/Hendricks people have lost their minds. There is no such thing as a debatable loss anymore. Their guy won and if you don't believe them then you are retarded or a hater or a troll. I cant even remember a fight where I flat out thought the refs cost a guy the fight. The only ones I can even think of are from TUF. Most UFC fights are usually understandable. The only really egregious judges cards I can think of are usually in lopsided fights where one judge gives out a split decision to someone who everyone thinks lost the fight. Bad judging happens, but these tools who think every close fight is a bad decision or whatever are pathetic!

Post #5   1/26/14 2:11:31AM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:497-404
Camp: Grindhouse
Chips:
So none of this should be debatable in any regard whata so ever by anybody. what it says on a scorecard should be the way it goes and nobody should be able to say anything about it. which would deter forms and free thinking.cool now i can just get all my thoughts from dana white bad judges and forum warriors thanks.

Last edited 1/26/14 12:15PM server time by submissionartist1
Edit note/reason: hows the view from up there
2 total post edits

Post #6   1/26/14 12:12:15PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:

Posted by submissionartist1

So none of this should be debatable in any regard whata so ever by anybody. what it says on a scorecard should be the way it goes and nobody should be able to say anything about it. which would deter forms and free thinking.cool now i can just get all my thoughts from dana white bad judges and forum warriors thanks.

How did you get this response out of what I said? I was pointing out that no one has a debate about a loss anymore, they just start hating and whining. Many losses are debatable, but that doesn't mean people have to jump straight to calling it horrible decisions! If a fight is close, which is the case in these fights 99% of the time, then debate who won. But could we please do it eithout jumping to the extreme of being aweful decisions by the judges. A lot of Bensons fights were close and I could see how people could have picked either winner. How hard is that to say without crying foul by the judges?

Post #7   3/11/14 4:46:43AM   

nirvana184

MMA Sensei

nirvana184 Avatar

Career:2,190-1,293
Chips:
I scored it for Thomson. In my opinion, he won't the 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounds. If I recall correctly, you could even argue that he won the 5th as well.

Post #8   3/11/14 11:40:54AM