Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Great Update DoTheMMAth

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think all of the new changes are phenomenal. I think the only thing that people will continue to disagree on is the wagering. My 2 cents...the idea of a public and private bankroll wouldn't really work too well if people can't see your private bankroll...that would mean no bragging rights, hence the entire purpose. I do like the ideas of wagering amongst your own team though. The only question I would have for that would be what happens if you were to switch camps? Would that put you back at the original 1K...of coarse that makes for a loophole if you've actually lost money and gone below your starting point.

Really though, all of the new features are pretty awesome.

Post #16   6/18/07 2:30:43PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Well the private bankroll could be displayed within your camp, so you'd have bragging rights within your camp.
You could still wager with people in other camps and if they clicked on your profile they could also see your private bankroll.
Bottomline, none of this would count towards any stats/prizes so the mods would not have to monitor cheating.

If you switched camps you'd be a traitor and your IP would be associated with a Traitor avator... JUST KIDDING!

Post #17   6/18/07 2:44:17PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
i don't think they should give prizes for wagering and give more away for points. cause making the picks i think is the big thing on this sight and now they are making it feel like they both mean the same. yes i can see that having a house makes it fair but i like the wagering with other ppl casue i did it with my friends for the most and we had fun rubbing it in when you won. i jsut think the house will take away from the forums also casue i know a few guys in my campo that only coem to the forums to find wagers or post them so now that they don't need to do that they might not come to the forums ever.

Post #18   6/18/07 2:45:42PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

You guys are bein a bit harsh, they put a lot of work into this and the fact that its free to play and we still can make money is great. i dont need to rub it in my friends face. you can still rub it in if you made the right pick and he didnt. i mean out of every player on this site i got screwed the most and im not complainig. I would have started off with about 11k and could have cruised the first couple of events and maybe the whole season makin tons of cash(both real and fake) the house betting makes it more fair. You guys can start your own site if its that bad. its one thing do disagree, but your makin this into a big issue.

i don't think we are being harsh we are saying how we feel. thats been the good thing with mmaplayground they have always ask for what everyone wanted, liked and dislike with how the sight is. so that all we are doing. like ok i could say yes i see how it's fair to change the wagering but i don't like how they are making it feel so importent now. yaes i think it is good they reset the cash i can see why they did that. the new look is great i like it. i love how much you guys are trying to give back with all the prizes besides i think prizes should only be for cash. if you want wagers to matter then maybe have a store where you can get cup, caps, t-shirt if you trade in fantasy cash. kind of like airmiles i think that would be real cool. but then i could see maybe that gettign out of hand and costing you guys alot. but maybe not if you make stuff like 10,000 or more for a cup.

Post #19   6/18/07 2:53:03PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Chips:
I love that idea of a store!

Post #20   6/18/07 2:59:19PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Chips:
I also liek those things under the names for gettign ist in a event or top 3 would even be cool for each events and be able to display up to 3 then after that jsut pick the top 3 you would like to show or somethign and then you can look at the all in your profiles. and they will work you into the hall of fame. jsut another idea i don't think jsut casue it's season 2 you guys still can't change things like if you look at it your like 1/2 a year old if that and you guys have come a long way and yes i do thank you guys for all you give us. sorry if i sounded harsh befor i jsut didn't liek seeing that i couldn't wager with my friends. but yeha maybe in the end this way will work better.

Post #21   6/18/07 3:02:46PM   

Ulio

Learning to Sprawl

Ulio Avatar

Career:386-264
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I think it looks good i hope i am good it willbe my 1st wager good job guys i think it is more simple then before.

Post #22   6/18/07 3:08:00PM   

B_Goetz

MMA Regular

B_Goetz Avatar

Career:2,025-999
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
I think this was a big improvement.

I was going to quit betting altogether under the old system, just because it was too much work (and had more to do with out-hustling people than picking better - it's more meaningful now).

I agree with Ydoc that it would be really cool if we could stack our best badges. Also, it would be nice if everyone on a winning team could put their "winning team badge" under their profile, for team spirit. Currently I don't think that's possible.

Important question: Will money be reset at the beginning of every season?

Last edited 6/18/07 3:22PM server time by B_Goetz
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #23   6/18/07 3:10:50PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by B_Goetz

I was going to quit betting altogether under the old system, just because it was too much work (and had more to do with out-hustling people than picking better - it's more meaningful now).

I agree with Ydoc that it would be really cool if we could stack our best badges. Also, it would be nice if everyone on a winning team could put their "winning team badge" under their profile, for team spirit. Currently I don't think that's possible.

Important question: Will money be reset at the beginning of every season?

you bring up all good points and i was just thinking the same for cash cause then my store idea wouldn't work to well if it reset every season. and if they don't reset it and keep the old way ppl that have alot of cash will stay at the top and new ppl and ppl that lost ,most there cash and don't have much no chance of getting to the top and getting prizes. thats why i like the store idea wiht the cash cause every one can work and save towords something. and in the end i think more ppl will win then besides the same person winning all the time.

but i like that team spirit idea too. make it feel like more of a team/

Post #24   6/18/07 3:15:32PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by B_Goetz

I love the changes. I did pretty good wagering wise last season but I have to admit a lot of my success was probably due to me "out-hustling" others.
This one feels more meaningful and more based on skill. Hopefully I'll do good anyway

Great record by the way Goetz

Post #25   6/18/07 3:17:28PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Yes it will - i read that in the new rules im sure

Post #26   6/18/07 3:21:00PM   

B_Goetz

MMA Regular

B_Goetz Avatar

Career:2,025-999
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Great record by the way Goetz

Thanks man. You too.

Good game all around, everybody. It's been fun sorting this all out in Season 1.

Last edited 6/18/07 3:28PM server time by B_Goetz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   6/18/07 3:27:16PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Yes it will - i read that in the new rules im sure

yeah i just looked and it says they will reset the cash so i guess that kind of takes my store idea out of it casue you would have to save cash up over season for that.

Post #28   6/18/07 3:28:38PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Chips:
We could still do the store idea because you would have to buy stuff from the store before the season ends.

Post #29   6/18/07 3:31:45PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by B_Goetz
(and had more to do with out-hustling people than picking better - it's more meaningful now).

No kidding... what you did with Starnes vs. Leben might be the biggest reason for the wagering change.

Thanks for the new system, you slime.

Post #30   6/18/07 3:38:04PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3