Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White on Lesnar return: 'definitely a possibility'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by roofer1967

First off I don't think we ever see Brock back in mma. But if he were to come back I would take him over everyone on that list. In fact here is a current top 10

1. Cain Velasquez: Cain wins a rematch no problem

2. Junior dos Santos: JDS by TKO

3. Fabricio Werdum: Brock by G and P

4. Travis Browne: pickem

5. Josh Barrnett: would love this one!! Brock by G and P

6. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva: Brock would maul him

7. Mark Hunt: Brock on the ground any way he wants

8. Alistair: Overeem rematch pickem

9. Frank Mir: Just say no Frank!!

10. Stipe Miocic: Brock by TKO

As weak as the HW division is if healthy imo Brock would be top 5 easy probably higher.

I think you're giving Brock way too much credit. Just because he might be able to score a takedown on a few of these guys doesn't mean he'll be able to lay on top of them for 15 minutes. His takedowns really aren't even that good.

I believe Mir's the only one in that list that Brock would defeat. Miocic would destroy Brock on the feet, and I'd be surprised if Brock could keep him down for 15 minutes. Overeem would likely do the same thing he did last time to Brock, if Brock would even be willing to fight him again, which I'd doubt. Brock likely wouldn't be able to score a takedown on Hunt; Hunt's TDD has improved greatly. Brock wouldn't be able to hold Bigfoot down for 15 minutes. I don't like Barnett, but I believe he'd maul Brock both on the feet and on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett out-wrestled him as well. Browne would annihilate him. Werdum would do the same. Werdum's grappling is more than good enough to either keep the fight standing, get back to his feet, or probably even submit Brock from his back. I won't even touch on Cain or JDS.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure many disagree, but I just think a lot of people here are giving Brock far too much credit, especially with his takedowns and top game. I don't see him fairing well against anyone in the top 10 other than Mir and possibly Miocic, but that's only if he could take him down repeatedly and keep him there, which I'd honestly be surprised to see at this point.

Last edited 1/17/14 12:03AM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   1/17/14 12:02:54AM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,001-629
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by roofer1967

First off I don't think we ever see Brock back in mma. But if he were to come back I would take him over everyone on that list. In fact here is a current top 10

As weak as the HW division is if healthy imo Brock would be top 5 easy probably higher.

I think you're giving Brock way too much credit. Just because he might be able to score a takedown on a few of these guys doesn't mean he'll be able to lay on top of them for 15 minutes. His takedowns really aren't even that good.

I believe Mir's the only one in that list that Brock would defeat. Miocic would destroy Brock on the feet, and I'd be surprised if Brock could keep him down for 15 minutes. Overeem would likely do the same thing he did last time to Brock, if Brock would even be willing to fight him again, which I'd doubt. Brock likely wouldn't be able to score a takedown on Hunt; Hunt's TDD has improved greatly. Brock wouldn't be able to hold Bigfoot down for 15 minutes. I don't like Barnett, but I believe he'd maul Brock both on the feet and on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett out-wrestled him as well. Browne would annihilate him. Werdum would do the same. Werdum's grappling is more than good enough to either keep the fight standing, get back to his feet, or probably even submit Brock from his back. I won't even touch on Cain or JDS.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure many disagree, but I just think a lot of people here are giving Brock far too much credit, especially with his takedowns and top game. I don't see him fairing well against anyone in the top 10 other than Mir and possibly Miocic, but that's only if he could take him down repeatedly and keep him there, which I'd honestly be surprised to see at this point.

This is basically my exact feelings on this "story"

Post #17   1/17/14 7:38:00AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,157-818
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by babalu46

Posted by Webbie

Posted by roofer1967

This is basically my exact feelings on this "story"

Brock would win maybe one of those ten fights.

Post #18   1/17/14 12:15:43PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,480-857
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

I wouldn't want to see lesnar back, unless he was training and keeping on top of his skills while in WWE, I mean it's not like he needs to learn wrestling but his already sub par stand up could worsen.

Funny you say that, I think Brock's sub game has improved leaps and bounds since his move to the WWE. He has several wins by Kimaura. Even one off his back.

Post #19   1/17/14 4:47:52PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,157-818
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by frizzzlecake

I wouldn't want to see lesnar back, unless he was training and keeping on top of his skills while in WWE, I mean it's not like he needs to learn wrestling but his already sub par stand up could worsen.

Funny you say that, I think Brock's sub game has improved leaps and bounds since his move to the WWE. He has several wins by Kimaura. Even one off his back.

lol I laughed. Thanks to BE and BJ Penn dot com loving Lesnar, I know you're right.

Post #20   1/17/14 5:10:21PM   

Oldschoolfan

MMA Regular

Oldschoolfan Avatar

Career:53-41
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by roofer1967

Overeem would likely do the same thing he did last time to Brock, if Brock would even be willing to fight him again, which I'd doubt.

Weird does that mean Overeem would juice up again to get the win? I am sure Brock would take a fight with a natural reem...

Brock has a very low chance at the belt but, top ten heavyweight he would be in a heart beat

Post #21   1/18/14 12:54:52AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Im over the whole Lesnar thing to be honest

Post #22   1/18/14 1:15:47AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by Oldschoolfan

Posted by Webbie

Posted by roofer1967

Overeem would likely do the same thing he did last time to Brock, if Brock would even be willing to fight him again, which I'd doubt.

Weird does that mean Overeem would juice up again to get the win? I am sure Brock would take a fight with a natural reem...

Brock has a very low chance at the belt but, top ten heavyweight he would be in a heart beat

Is dis nikka serious?

Post #23   1/18/14 4:56:43AM   

Oldschoolfan

MMA Regular

Oldschoolfan Avatar

Career:53-41
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by Oldschoolfan

Posted by Webbie

Posted by roofer1967

Is dis nikka serious?

thoughtful post...

Post #24   1/19/14 6:58:14PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Even if Brock is serious, he needs to stay with play fighting, the training for a MMA fight takes to much toll on his body with his condition.

Post #25   1/19/14 9:55:22PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2