Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Weidman's corner says "Good, f**k him" about Silva

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

same thing happened to the Duck Dynasty dude

You kidding me?

Nice avatar looks good on ya.

Post #16   12/31/13 4:34:54PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by george112

They were just pumped up, no big deal

hate the way people are gonna scrutinize everything this dude does now

I couldn't agree more.

Sounds like a lot of these people don't even realize it was Weidman's corner and not Weidman himself who made the comment.

Last edited 12/31/13 4:41PM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   12/31/13 4:35:53PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,878-916
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
I swear that some people seem like they would have way more fun watching soap operas than MMA with all the emphasis they place on personality and other irrelevant nonsense.

Post #18   12/31/13 4:48:54PM   

Oldschoolfan

MMA Regular

Oldschoolfan Avatar

Career:53-41
Chips:
I honestly said the same thing.

I feel a little bad now that emotions have calmed down, but not a lot bad just a little

Post #19   12/31/13 5:12:54PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,172-824
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Oldschoolfan

I honestly said the same thing.

I feel a little bad now that emotions have calmed down, but not a lot bad just a little

I didn't say quite the same thing, but I thought there was possibly a bit of karma or something for him not showing up in the first fight and his Maia fight.

But unless I harbored actual true ill will for him unlike I really do anybody today, not something I'd like to see of an adversary of mine. I couldn't get too excited about winning from a freak occurrence injury. I'd be more happy turning his face into meatloaf and concussing him then I would be from him freakishly breaking his leg against my knee. But to say "good, fuck him" when the guys leg just went turkey giblet ... I wonder what Silva actually did to that dude? New York or Jersey or wherever might have a bunch of them, but not everyone out there is a total dbag.

Post #20   12/31/13 5:25:04PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Personally I think Weidman was terribly disrespectful and callous as well. As soon as Silva went down with an obvious horrific injury Weidman put his hands up and ran around the cage happy. Weidman and his corner showed nothing but apathy and disrespect. Personally I thought Weidman was disrespectful and callous at the post fight press conference as well. It's cool though....both of his wins against Silva, who is undoubtedly the greatest MMA fighter ever should have asterisks next to them as neither win was completely legit.

Perfect post.

I knew right after that fight that I would never root for Weidman.

I think the way he behaved was absolutely shameful.

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

F***k YeeAAHH

War Weidman's corner.

I know you're doing your parody thing, but that's a disgusting comment.

Show some respect.

Post #21   12/31/13 5:46:01PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Sir_Karl

Personally I think Weidman was terribly disrespectful and callous as well. As soon as Silva went down with an obvious horrific injury Weidman put his hands up and ran around the cage happy. Weidman and his corner showed nothing but apathy and disrespect. Personally I thought Weidman was disrespectful and callous at the post fight press conference as well. It's cool though....both of his wins against Silva, who is undoubtedly the greatest MMA fighter ever should have asterisks next to them as neither win was completely legit.

Perfect post.

I knew right after that fight that I would never root for Weidman.

I think the way he behaved was absolutely shameful.

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

F***k YeeAAHH

War Weidman's corner.

I know you're doing your parody thing, but that's a disgusting comment.

Show some respect.

Dude Anderson is arguably the most disrespectful fighter IN THE CAGE EVER

Wtf is the big deal??

Man this is geting ridiculous

Post #22   12/31/13 6:17:47PM   

TerrorofsesameST

Learning to Sprawl

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:832-555
Chips:
Mean thing to say? Yes. But honestly who here has never said anything mean during the heat of the moment? Anyone?

Like most MMA fans worldwide, I'm sure Weidman's corner men felt bad for Silva later on that night.

Post #23   12/31/13 6:24:38PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,796-1,566
Chips:

Posted by george112

Media

God forbid you be held accountable for the shit you say.

Post #24   12/31/13 6:36:36PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,914-1,109
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I wonder how many people say or have said the same thing... "good fuck him"

when.

Tom Brady got hurt a few years back....Or any opposing athlete from a sport you don't like is injured.Sure you don't want to see anyone go out with an injury, But for all the PC people who act like they wouldn't or have never said something disrespectful or less classy when an outcome worked out in their favor..is full of shit...IMO

And why do people try and discredit the 1st fight?? first rule of fighting is hands up chin down....

Lucky punch??? ANytime someone throws a punch with intentions on bringing the hurt and it lands..it's not a fluke or luck...its execution...What is this asterik talk...Especially with the first fight..

If Anderson wasn't disrespecting or trying to clown on Weidman in that first fight..He wouldn't have been KTFO...So disrespect is disrespect .I don't get this Weidman hate...It's just silva fanboy nonsense...Weidman didn't say it...hell he even went over and was checking on him..Sure after he celebrated alittle but for fucks he just defended his title and won against a majority GOAT candidate..

Last edited 12/31/13 6:41PM server time by iwannabesedated

Post #25   12/31/13 6:36:55PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by george112

Media

God forbid you be held accountable for the shit you say.

not sure if you are agreeing with me or not

wtf are we here in America? A bunch of fucking sensitive pansies??

back im the day we weren't this damn sensitive to everything

go watch eddie murphys raw and delirious and see what he says about gays an what not. PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY

lol

oh well

Post #26   12/31/13 6:44:00PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,172-824
Chips:
America has a few decent people left in it. If one of Chris's corner was glad enough that happened to Silva to compliment the feeling with a "good, fuck him" plenty of those mentioned people are gonna point out the guy as a punk and be critical of him, it's not rocket science. It's not a matter of being some sensitive pussy or a real tough guy, it's simple right and wrong. It's a dbag thing to do, obviously and unfortunately, it's the type of things certain people prefer to gravitate towards. Just like when a bigot try to explain and justify his prejudices, people don't like it and make that known.

Last edited 12/31/13 7:23PM server time by GDPofMPG
4 total post edits

Post #27   12/31/13 7:17:28PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

America has a few decent people left in it. If one of Chris's corner was glad enough that happened to Silva to compliment the feeling with a "good, fuck him" plenty of those mentioned people are gonna point out the guy as a punk and be critical of him, it's not rocket science. It's not a matter of being some sensitive pussy or a real tough guy, it's simple right and wrong. It's a dbag thing to do, obviously and unfortunately, it's the type of things certain people prefer to gravitate towards. Just like when a bigot try to explain and justify his prejudices, people don't like it and make that known.

Buuuuut yet those decent people are watching 2 humans fighting in a cage and WANT to see blood. WANT to see people knocked unconscious. WANT to see limbs breaking in submissions.

I don't buy what you said. We glorify this shit

Tito didn't get all this fucking flack when he knocked out Shamrock and acted like he was burying him

Hendo didn't catch all this flack when he HBombed a clearly unconscious Bisping

seriously people just like to hate on the guy AND his corner over a comment that was CLEARLY made in the heat of the moment

Post #28   12/31/13 7:43:15PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Let me clear something up....I feel HORRIBLE

I NEVER said verbatim what was said by the Champ's corner.

This is what I preached from the FOX studio......"Great, f**ck him!"

I NEVER said "good"

It's okay----I accept your apology

Last edited 12/31/13 8:26PM server time by chael_sonnen
2 total post edits

Post #29   12/31/13 8:22:29PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If I had beaten Anderson Silva I would have been way more obnoxious! I may have even attempted tea bag him...call me an asshole, don't give a shit. MW Champ of the UFC would be attached to that and all the rewards of that win are still his. Nothing is more disrespectful in the cage than what I have done in the rest of the world. Just think how disrespectful it is to go to war, kill people, topple governments, etc. Calling Weidman lucky for checking a kick or knocking a dude out is foolish. If you think it's a fluke go spar even an amateur Muay Thai fighter, you'll understand after that!

Post #30   12/31/13 8:22:45PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4