Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

White: Tito didn’t want to fight Forrest

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

On Saturday, UFC president Dana White continued his campaign of trying to kill the credibility of one of his biggest draws, Tito Ortiz.

According to Iole, White tried to match Ortiz up with Forrest Griffin when they first began putting together the card for UFC. Ortiz declined.

“Tito didn’t want to come over here, the big sissy,” White said.

Forrest said after yesterday’s win over Hector Ramirez that he would welcome a rematch.

For the full article, check out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-irelandnotes061607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Post #1   6/17/07 10:48:47AM   

kurt-2112

MMA Regular

kurt-2112 Avatar

Career:425-283
Camp: 368
Chips:
Man, i hate tito ortiz, first he didn't want to fight chuck, i dont like tito at all, and at UFC 59 Reality Check, I think forrest griffin won that fight, defiently the first round went to tito but after that, Forrest Dominated, ovoiding take downs and throwing punches. Forrest Griffin won that fight!!! i really want to see those two fight again. and i hope Forrest knocks him out!!!

Post #2   6/17/07 2:19:09PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Forrest is an overrated can and Tito screwed up because Rashad is definitely a worse match up for him...after Rashad is done with Tito no more conversations about this loser.

Post #3   6/17/07 3:06:09PM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,388-777
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Forrest is an overrated can and Tito screwed up because Rashad is definitely a worse match up for him...after Rashad is done with Tito no more conversations about this loser.

my thoughts exactly......

Post #4   6/17/07 3:39:03PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,141-742
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
Why would he want to fight Forrest? He beat him decisively last time, and if you can't see that then you're letting distaste for Tito cloud your judgement. Go back and keep track of takedowns, punches LANDED, and control and there is only one round that Forest takes. It would be a lose-lose fighting Forest, he wins and you would complain about him not fighting anyone good, he loses and you would say he shouldnt be fighting at all. Fighting Rashad is a better career move for him, it's not like he's scared of Forrest. When he pounds out a young hotshot like Rashad, he's going to look more deserving of a title shot

Post #5   6/17/07 5:25:31PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
is anyone else completely fuckin tired of hearing about tito ortiz in general? i used to be a pretty big fan of his, but ever since he came back to the ufc, he's been pissing me off so bad.

I'm so done with hearing him bitch about nothing.

Post #6   6/17/07 5:29:36PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
yep... pretty sick of him. Sick of hearing him complain, sick of dana white and chuck liddell constantly trying to make him look like an idiot (like he needs any help), sick of hearing some new garbage about or from him just about every single week. Just do your job and fight.

Post #7   6/17/07 5:34:07PM   

Primo

MMA Regular

Primo Avatar

Career:20-17
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Why would he want to fight Forrest? He beat him decisively last time, and if you can't see that then you're letting distaste for Tito cloud your judgement. Go back and keep track of takedowns, punches LANDED, and control and there is only one round that Forest takes. It would be a lose-lose fighting Forest, he wins and you would complain about him not fighting anyone good, he loses and you would say he shouldnt be fighting at all. Fighting Rashad is a better career move for him, it's not like he's scared of Forrest. When he pounds out a young hotshot like Rashad, he's going to look more deserving of a title shot

You're hilarious buddy...he won the first round, that's it. Beat him decisively?? That's why Randy Couture, Chuck, Joe Rogan, Eddie Bravo etc. all thought different right?? Punches landed?? I remember Tito turtling a lot, and doing nothing after the first round. Pounds out Rashad?? Good luck with that. Deserving a title shot?? What world do you live in?? Chuck doesn't even deserve one, let a lone Tito. Rampage, Hendo, Wanderlei, Chuck, Shogun, Machida, Soko, Lil Nog, Arona, Overeem, even Nakamura are all better then Tito, next time think before you talk. Tito has beat nobody, and had trouble against a MW named Patrick Cote. Rashad will destroy this guy, and fan boys like you can finally go away and stop embarassing yourself.

Post #8   6/18/07 1:27:33AM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

is anyone else completely fuckin tired of hearing about tito ortiz in general? i used to be a pretty big fan of his, but ever since he came back to the ufc, he's been pissing me off so bad.

Hell yeah I'm sick of it. He does it to keep himself in the news and it's gettin old, I wanna see him get thrown down on lol.

Post #9   6/18/07 1:46:37AM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,141-742
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Posted by Lord_Lenny

You're hilarious buddy...he won the first round, that's it. Beat him decisively?? That's why Randy Couture, Chuck, Joe Rogan, Eddie Bravo etc. all thought different right?? Punches landed?? I remember Tito turtling a lot, and doing nothing after the first round. Pounds out Rashad?? Good luck with that. Deserving a title shot?? What world do you live in?? Chuck doesn't even deserve one, let a lone Tito. Rampage, Hendo, Wanderlei, Chuck, Shogun, Machida, Soko, Lil Nog, Arona, Overeem, even Nakamura are all better then Tito, next time think before you talk. Tito has beat nobody, and had trouble against a MW named Patrick Cote. Rashad will destroy this guy, and fan boys like you can finally go away and stop embarassing yourself.

First of all iam not your buddy dumbass. Second Tito takes first round arguably 10-8, Forrest takes second 10-9, Tito takes third easily 10-9 even Forrest agrees. Third i didnt mean winning against Rashad automatically makes him deserving of a title shot, just puts him into the picture more than beating Forrest again. Fourth Tito matches up well against most the fighters you listed. He would enjoy a good size advantage against hendo, already beat wandy (i know a long time ago), could most likely take shogun down at will overeem and nakamura... are you serious? Fifth, he fought a bad fight against Cote over three years ago and still won. I'll bet everything on Tito this fight. And sixth to answer your question: i live in a world where i don't have to put up with over-opinionated pricks like you

Post #10   6/18/07 2:24:48AM   

JWall023

MMA Regular

JWall023 Avatar

Career:105-54
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:

Posted by Aether

yep... pretty sick of him. Sick of hearing him complain, sick of dana white and chuck liddell constantly trying to make him look like an idiot (like he needs any help), sick of hearing some new garbage about or from him just about every single week. Just do your job and fight.

couldnt say it better, just do you job and shut up,

Post #11   6/18/07 11:35:37AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

I'm with you... I can't stand the guy...

Post #12   6/18/07 11:52:42AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Primo

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Actually Tito had no trouble against Cote, and it's pretty obvious you are talking about something you are completely ignorant of. Cote was actually scheduled to fight Marvin Eastman, also a light-heavyweight, before the UFC asked him to take the fight with Tito Ortiz on short notice.

Second, I have posted a long thread in here that explains a punch by punch recap of the forest and tito fight. I made the case that Tito actually won all three rounds because he outboxed forrest the entire fight. As a summary to that fight, Forrest actually missed most of his punches and most of the punches that did land on Tito hit his elbow or hand while he was blocking. On the other hand Tito landed nearly every single punch he threw, and many were hard to see on camera because the majority of the camera work was shown from behind Tito. The only way a viewer could see his quick stiff jabs and counter punches were if they put the fight in slow motion and saw the fist hit Forrest in the face. It completely explains why at the end of the fight Tito's face looked the same as when he walked in to that fight. And it also explains why after round 2 and 3 Forrest still needed to have his face wiped down from all the blood and cuts.

Now Tito may not be in the Top 5 light heavies in the world right now, but that is going to change after he beats rashad and gets a fight against either Shogun, Henderson, Jackson, or Silva. I can't blame him for not wanting to fight Forrest. There is absolutely no gain in it for him. If he loses then he loses to a mediocre fighter, if he wins then he beat a fighter who has been losing his ass. The reaction would be worse then what people say about his wins against Shamrock.

Hell, I think a great fight would be bewteen Shamrock and Griffin.

edit:
I'd also like to point out that you guys are going nuts over some small little quote that doesn't even explain the reasons why he didn't want to fight Forrest. From the quote it sounded more like it was an issue of fighting overseas, not fighting against Forrest. You guys need to get a grip.

Last edited 6/18/07 12:40PM server time by nubby
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   6/18/07 12:35:08PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:
Titooooo sucks! He really really sucks! Tito sucks! He really really sucks!(waterboy chant)

Post #14   6/18/07 3:11:54PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by GrandMaster313

Titooooo sucks! He really really sucks! Tito sucks! He really really sucks!(waterboy chant)

I know several times I was reprimanded for this kind of stuff.

Post #15   6/18/07 3:44:39PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2