Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

K-1 MAX Grand Prix Quarterfinals live stream and results this Saturday morning

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This Saturday morning, K-1 presents the first half of the K-1 World MAX Grand Prix quarterfinals, live from Foshan, China. The card, which features Buakaw among others, is available as a live stream. Get all the details here.

Link

Post #1   12/28/13 2:08:47AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
They spelled Banchamek wrong, and they mentioned Andy Souwer as if he's still competing when he actually pulled out of the tourney.

Still excited to watch Buakaw dominate though.

Post #2   12/28/13 3:48:42AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
Holy shit

I thought MMA judging was the worst in the world until I watched this event. It immediately reminded me of the K-1 World MAX 2009 Final when Buakaw destroyed Andy Souwer in the first three rounds and the judges somehow decided there should be an extra round in which Souwer was able to edge out the victory.

Saenchai got robbed pretty severely, and I can't understand why there was an extra round in Buakaw's fight. He completely dominated the second and third rounds.

Gotta love Buakaw's heart, though. I think he needs to get headbutted more often.

Last edited 12/28/13 11:10AM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   12/28/13 10:59:08AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Congratulations on the fight, but I am not impressed by your performance...

Seriously, how did it come to be that K-1 looks like a B level organization and Glory looks like the shizz? I know Glory somehow became a fight org and also somehow took a bunch of fighters from K-1....but how? I only watch kickboxing every once in a while and when I do I watch like three events in one night (lots of DVR and fast forward). Last night in prep for this weekend I had the last couple of Glory fights on and that show is legit! The hints of K-1 I have seen over the last year or show look like shit to be honest.

Post #4   12/28/13 11:36:15AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Congratulations on the fight, but I am not impressed by your performance...

Seriously, how did it come to be that K-1 looks like a B level organization and Glory looks like the shizz? I know Glory somehow became a fight org and also somehow took a bunch of fighters from K-1....but how? I only watch kickboxing every once in a while and when I do I watch like three events in one night (lots of DVR and fast forward). Last night in prep for this weekend I had the last couple of Glory fights on and that show is legit! The hints of K-1 I have seen over the last year or show look like shit to be honest.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how it all happened, but K-1 does look terrible at this point.

I'm ready to see Buakaw in Glory, though I think his fight with Shane Campbell will be worth watching.

Last edited 12/28/13 11:49AM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   12/28/13 11:48:36AM