Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mirsad Bektic needs to shed his prospect label NOW

Print  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not sure why the UFC hasn't snatched up the always exciting 22 year old 145 pound striker (Karate/Boxing base, former bodybuilder, now well-versed at all aspects of MMA) who trains at American Top Team in Coconut Creek, FL. Much-improved TD's and GNP from his time at ATT. Hopefully only 0-2 more fight in RFA/VFC/TitanFC before he's brought into a major organization. Not sure if he'd be his usual 145 or if he could make 135 without losing the risk/reward that is the pre-fight weight cut. He's the exact style of fighter UFC/Bellator/etc. always say they're looking for. KOTN/FOTN contender every fight and barely of drinking age.

Currently 9-0 (8 finishes, 6 by strikes, 6 first round finishes) with his last 3 opponents with records pre-fight of 6-2, 6-2, 43-18 and ending his last two fights via TKO each in a minute and change (Fightfinder is missing a few of his earlier VFC fights and his bout last weekend which is why they're still showing 6-0. Those 3 missing fights are all on YouTube in their short entirety confirming it's Sherdog with the wrong info). He's ready for a step beyond other local prospects and journeyman at this point and 9-0 is when Sergio Pettis got the call. Can't be a top prospect 3 years straight, time for Joe Silva or someone else to pick up the phone. You can always pace his opponent level like they do for TUF fighters so often, so it's not like he'd be facing Mendes in two fights. He'd have time to continue refining his edges in a UFC, but have more money and notoriety (Opportunity for better sponsors and training partners) while doing it..

Dana or Bjorn will regret not snatching him up first, unless he already has an agreement to sign with one after fighter & organization both agree it's time.

IMO.. It's time.

Last edited 12/19/13 7:32AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/19/13 7:28:16AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
You've won me over. I'll sign him.

Post #2   12/19/13 2:13:20PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
I know that the larger organizations are looking more for people that have fought some bigger names. I saw the records of his last three opponents but not the names. If he's fought nobody's then that might be the reason he hasn't been signed. I say give the guy a shot

Post #3   12/19/13 2:22:19PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,438-812
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yah I agree! I watched some footage on him before his fight and he looks like he's definitely got all the toos he needs to be successful in this sport. I'm sure the UFC must have looked at him and hopefully they can work out a deal.
Being 22, this guy has a long time til his prime yet but I still hope he gets to a big promotion sooner rather than later

Post #4   12/19/13 2:29:07PM