Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Which other females do you think will make the cast of TUF 20?

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,167-622
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
There have been 11 Strawweights brought over from Invicta so far which leaves room for 5 more for a total of 16 fighters.

I'd like to here your thoughts on who you think will be the other 5. Here's the 11 fighters that have been announced so far.
1. Carla Esparza (9-2-0)
2. Claudia Gadelha (11-0-0)
3. Joanne Calderwood (8-0-0)
4. Tecia Torres (4-0-0)
5. Felice Herrig (9-5-0)
6. Bec Hyatt (5-3-0)
7. Juliana de Lima Carneiro (6-1-0)
8. Alex Chambers (4-1-0)
9. Emily Kagan (3-1-0)
10. Rose Namajunas (2-1-0)
11. Paige VanZant (3-1-0).

Here's a few ideas that I've come up with in the last hour or so.

Mizuki Inoue (7-1)-She's a big name that will not be on the show. She's in a dual Contract w/ Invicta and Deep Jewels and has opted not to compete to fulfill her obligations with both orgs. She does also have a recent win over TUF 20 contestant Bec Hyatt.

Ayaka Hamasaki (9-1)- She is the only fighter to beat Mizuki Inoue so far but she did recently lose to TUF 20 contestant Claudia Gadelha.

Katja Kankaanpää (8-1)- I'm kind of surprised she wasn't part of the group that was already signed. She is coming off a loss to TUF 20 contestant Joanne Calderwood but prior to that she beat TUF 20 contestant Juliana de Lima Carneiro.

Ashley Cummins (3-2)- She's also an Invicta fighter. She's kind of in a tough spot lossing 2 in a row. Both losses were to TUF 20 contestants Joanne Calderwood and Emily Kagan. The Kagan fight was a Split Decision loss that could have gone either way.

Amber Stautzenberger (4-1)- I think she is a possibility. Her only professional loss was a Decision to TUF 20 contestant Paige VanZant.

Kyra Gracie (0-0)- Why not? She has never had an MMA match yet but she is a BJJ Ace with a 2nd Degree Black Belt in BJJ. Also a 4th generation Gracie, I think now would be a good time for her to try her hand in MMA. She also has training in wrestling and Judo and the weight cut shouldn't be a problem for her.

Nina Ansaroff (6-3)- Also currently fighting over at Invicta in the Flyweight Division. Not sure if she can make the weight cut but if she could she would be a force. She's been in there with some really tough competition and her skill is better than her record shows she's lost to Invicta Flyweight Champ Barb Honchak and Tuf 20 contestant Carla Esparza. The loss to Esparza was a Split Decision.

Michelle Waterson (11-3)- Atomweight Champion at Invicta. Not too sure what her plans are. But I think she could bulk up to 115lbs for this but the competition would be a little tough I would think with her having a slight size disadvantage.

Jessica Penne (11-2)- She's arguably the best Atomweight at Invicta. The reason I say this is she was winning the Waterson fight before Waterson submitted her. I think she would actually be better suited for a move up to Strawweight over Waterson since she is bigger and the size wouldn't be a big factor at all.

Jinh Yu (2-0)- She's the SCS Atomweight Champion. This would probably be too early in her career and maybe a move to Invicta would better suit her. She does have one of the best Women's KOTY over Darla Harris at SCS 18.

Lena Ovchynnikova (9-2)- She could definitely make 115lbs. Her last 3 fights she's weight in at 118, 120, and 120 lbs respectively. 1 of her 2 losses have been against TUF 20 contestant Joanne Calderwood.

Rin Nakai (15-0)- She's a beast but I don't think she could make the weight. She's only 5'1" but she's thick with a lot of muscle for a WMMA fighter. Maybe the UFC will sign her for the BW Division.

Julia Berezikova (7-4)- I don't know much about her but she is Russian and the Russian's have had success in the UFC so far. And the weight shouldn't be a problem. She also has fought Kedzie, Sexton and LaRosa which are all big names in WMMA.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk (4-0)- I don't know much about her either besides she's from Poland, undefeated as a pro and has a win over ^^Julia Berezikova.

Karolina Kowalkiewica (4-0)- Another undefeated fighter from Poland currently fighting under KSW.

Stephanie Eggink (4-1)- I could easily see her coming over and joining the TUF 20 cast. She's the XFC Strawweight Champion and has a very nice game so far from what I've seen. I watched her in her last fight against Angela Magana.

Angela Magana (11-6)- She was on the losing end of her last fight against Stephanie Eggink at XFC but shes' been in there with some big names Jessica Eye, Jessica Penne, Jessica Aguilar, Barb Honchak. She's got wins over both Aguilar and Honchak.

Megumi Fujii (26-3)- She's 39 years old and suppose to be retired after the Jessica Aguilar fight but who knows.

Post #1   12/17/13 2:28:49PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Chips:
I forgot all about Heather Clark. I found this news article just a little bit ago. It doesn't confirm she will be one of the 5 but it does confirm that she will be trying out.
That's gonna be pretty interesting since she does have a legit chance at making it and she is rivals with Felice Herrig. That would give the show some early drama.

http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-clark-looks-forward-to-living-with-felice-herrig-tuf-20-house

Also Jordan Nicole Gaza (1-1) will be trying out as well.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jordan-nicole-gaza-hopes-to-settle-the-score-with-paige-vanzant-tuf-20-house

Last edited 12/17/13 10:56PM server time by JLS1980
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   12/17/13 10:53:13PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Chips:
It's been confirmed that Jessica Penne will indeed be trying out for the show. It's my opinion that she is a lock to make it.

Also from my list Amber Strautzenberger can probably be ruled out. She just recently was submitted in 45 seconds of the 1st round by Lynn Alvarez. That's too bad because she was very easy on the eyes.

So my personal front runners to make it would be;
Jessica Penne
Heather Clarke
*Stephanie Eggink
*Ashley Cummins

*Not even sure if they are tyring out.

Eggink spends a lot of time training with Shayna Bazler and is all over here twitter pages if that's any indication.

Post #3   1/19/14 5:01:12PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
My guess is two of them will be unknown
I did think of.Clark and Cummins

Post #4   1/21/14 1:30:48AM