Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 19 Sidegame

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Looks like it was my dude who took out Nordine. Easy to see why Dana wanted him on the Canadian team, though.

Post #31   4/16/14 11:59:11PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
I wasn't impressed with any of the fighters to be honest. But I'll still watch just cause I'm a huge Frankie fan.

Post #32   4/17/14 12:19:39AM   

tattflash

Belt Contender

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,697-1,910
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

So Pendred gets a free pass because all his opponents kept getting 'hurt'? Sure, Dana. Sure.

I have to agree FKO, this looks very fishy to say the least, Pendred has courted the UFC for a long time, and I think he may well struggle in the show. His fight with Che Mills sucked big time, almost to the point of me thinking hmmm, this looks a bit dodgy, but thats just my opinion of that fight. He has never impressed me full stop

Post #33   4/17/14 7:08:25PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,590-915
Chips:
Just finished watching the fights to get into the house, pretty good stuff. But unfortunately we kinda knew who won them all since the teams got leaked lol, so ruined a bit of the fun.
Also, Dana said there was a KO nastier than Hall's kick on Cella during those fights to enter the house. Did I miss it? Because I don't recall seeing anything more spectacular than that haha.

Post #34   4/17/14 10:04:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:
Fight #1 - Wow, that was nasty. Maybe that's the ko dana meant? It wasn't nastier than Hall's but it was pretty awesome. And the fact that his mom stood there watching him unconscious was tough to watch in itself. Daniel Spohn probably won't win but he's someone to lookout for.

Fight #2 - Solid performance. Urbina has a lot of experience and a great camp. He might be able to do some damage in this house.

Fight #3 - Exciting fight to watch and a very nice comeback. Jake doesn't have the right mentality for this imo. You can't just celebrate like that midnight. It's happened to guys over and over again. Don't do that until the ref rips you off of him. Now he's 0-2 in tuf elimination fights and his record is only 5-3. He's in a tough spot if he wants to ever make it to the ufc. I like Monaghan though. He probably won't make it far but he has heart and seems like a good person.

Cathal Pendred getting a buy is pretty bs imo. There was really no one out there that wanted a shot to get into tuf? Maybe someone that didn't make the last round of cuts? I doubt it. I think they gave him a buy purposefully because of the hype surrounding him.

Fight #4 - I wish we got to see the full fight. This looked like a war. The moral of this fight is don't fuck with a fighter with a newborn child. The clips they showed looked like he was a legit striker with some serious power. Look out for Roger Zapata.

Fight #5 - Basically call this fight Dana White's "Fuck You" to Bellator. Good was dominated and everything they played from Dana was him bashing them. Good job Dana. Stay classy Another fight we didn't get to see unfortunately. Ian Stephens clearly has a ton of potential if he's only 4-0 beating guys like Good. He might be an early favourite.

Fight #6 - Dammit. I feel for Stansbury. He was looking solid against a talented guy until his knee blew. I guarantee he gets a fight in the ufc soon though. He deserves one.

Fight #7 - Nice win for Berzin. That's the type of win you want going into the house. Never really in any trouble, quick and a nice finish that has Dana and the coaches excited to see you again. He'll likely be a fairly high pick.

Fight #8 - First off, let me say good for Bojan. His girlfriend is ridiculously hot. He can go home knowing that. We're really missing some good scraps with these performance highlight fights. Good for Williams btw. He seems like an exciting fighter to watch. Maybe not a finalist but someone who will raise their stock just from their fights on tuf.

Fight #9 - I've seen Eddie Gordon fight before. B.J. was right on the money. If they get this guy in fighting shape and polish up his hands a little he can go far.

Fight #10 - Josh Clark seems like a guy that will lose in the first round. We didn't get to see a lot of him with the highlights but I just don't see him going very far I hate to say it.

Fight #11 - Doug Sparks is a very strange person. I'm a little disappointed he didn't make it into the house tbh. He could have created some funny scenes in the house. Patrick walsh looks pretty solid though. Great wrestling and that's always a good place to start.

Fight #12 - That was a weird fight. Pretty much the definition of a flash knockout. Those Travis Browne like elbows always sketch me out though. They're always so close to being illegal and they're so fast it's difficult to tell. Van Buren has a Gustafsson type build for this weight class. that'll be interesting to see later on in the season when he fights again.

Fight #13 - My fighter, Corey Anderson looks like Amir Johnson (Toronto Raptor player) so I like that already. I'm a little concerned he was getting taken down in this fight but he did fight a solid wrestler. It's good to know he has excellent cardio as well. That will come in handy during the show.

Fight #14 - Dhiego Lima is a beast. No need to go any further with this one. He's going to be one of the smallest guys in the house though so it's going to be a tough journey for him.

Fight #15 - Holy shit that fight was amazing. That's why the ufc was determined to get Nordine a fight. Where was that guy on tuf nations? And Mike King looks like a long term ufc fighter to me. He'll get a shot whether he wins this show or not.

I think Edgar picked the much better team overall. Penn picked more exciting fighters but Edgar went for the wrestling based guys with the most potential. That first fight should be interesting too. The favourite to win this show since the teams were leaked and the guy with the most experience in the house. Pendred has 16 fights under his belt though and that's a lot in mma as well. Especially when it's against some of the guys he's already fought.

Last edited 4/18/14 3:17AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   4/18/14 3:15:57AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,428-751
Chips:
The Daniel Spohn Ko was the Ko Dana was talking about.
Not as flashy as Halls but King was charging in full force and got clipped right on the button.

Wow surprised to see Jake Heun on the show again.
Considering he lost after TUF 17 in another promotion and now0-2 on TUF. His UFC career is over.

Last edited 4/18/14 11:44AM server time by JLS1980

Post #36   4/18/14 11:29:31AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Chips:
Wednesday Pendred fights. Looks like a good one from the episodes preview.

Post #37   4/19/14 6:13:43PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 39-50

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,612-1,018
Chips:
Great first episode! My dude Todd Mahog is this seasons super religious dude.. Hopefully the Heavenly Father will help him beat the hell out of everyone he fights!
Great elimination fights as always! & I'm very pleased to see Frankie & BJ back in the spotlight. Two of my faves

PS: I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a replacement fighter to face McGregors guy. They are in fucKin VEGAS!!! Fighter capital of the world!! They probably could have walked outside & found a light heavyweight jogging down the street!! & Dana ain't fooling anyone with that "oh weird.. He just gets a free pass into the house... All his opponents are hurt... Hmmm strange n weird n fuck." Bullshit. I hope Pendrad gets KOd next week

Last edited 4/22/14 11:22AM server time by shanetpain

Post #38   4/22/14 11:21:07AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
Very unimpressive debut for Cathal. He's lucky he didn't get called for those knees. How many was it? 3? 4?

Post #39   4/23/14 11:43:34PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:
Very exciting 1st round and then it turned into a typical Pendred fight. He spends a lot of time pressuring guys against the fence. I think this fight will be good for him though. Penn's coaching staff is top notch on the show and they're going to help fix a lot of his bad habits. His head movement needs a lot of work and he needs to keep his hands up much more. He also needs to mix it up with his strikes and know when he shouldn't throw knees to the head. It's a stupid rule but it's still there. I actually thought all but 1 of the knees were legal. Cathol would lift him up and hit him with it at the perfect time before Hector's hand hit the ground again. I hate when guys do what Hector was doing.

Next week's fight should be good. I definitely don't see it reaching the scorecards with the way they both fight.

Post #40   4/24/14 9:50:55AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Chips:
Both guys usually fight a weight class lower than that. If they both get in someway to the ufc I think a cut back to Welterweight is almost a given.

Overall a pretty good fight. I don't think Pendred will win the whole thing though.

Who's fighting next will? Missed the fight announcement.

Post #41   4/24/14 1:29:06PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Chips:
I think we saw last night why Cathal needed to go through the TUF house rather than getting an immediate contract. Dude showed some skills but still very green and needs refining. Thought he was LnPing a lot and that game they were playing with the knees was stupid. Its a dum rule but dam gotta follow them. If it was anyone but Mazzagatti I think Cathal would have lost a point at the very least.

Next week is Daniel Spohn vs Todd Monagan I think his name is? The black super religious guy Shane was talking about.

Post #42   4/24/14 7:33:23PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 39-50

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,612-1,018
Chips:
Cathal is overhyped. He was almost KO'd in the first minute by that outta shape Mexican dude. Any fighter with a little gas will beat him in the semis.

Oh shit! My boy Todd is fighting that beastly kid who killed his opponent in the elimination round.

WAR team Frankie

Post #43   4/25/14 11:00:48AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
Horrible fight. I don't think I'm going to enjoy this season at all.

Post #44   4/30/14 11:39:58PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Horrible fight. I don't think I'm going to enjoy this season at all.

If this is a sign of things to come, I agree. Terrible fight.

On another note, Renzo seems like a really cool trainer. Also im inclined to agree with Cathal about the whole religious thing tbh.

Post #45   5/2/14 8:31:42PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5