Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

George St-Pierre sacrificed belt to breathe easy again

Print  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Georges St-Pierre is at least temporarily walking away from the fight game, and just exactly where he’s going nobody truly knows. St-Pierre came to the idea well before his narrow victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167, and it felt like a foregone conclusion several weeks later in Quebec City, where he shrugged the world off his shoulders by vacating his belt just before a sponsorship appearance at an area mall.

LINK

Post #1   12/13/13 8:18:22PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Georges St-Pierre is at least temporarily walking away from the fight game, and just exactly where he’s going nobody truly knows. St-Pierre came to the idea well before his narrow victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167, and it felt like a foregone conclusion several weeks later in Quebec City, where he shrugged the world off his shoulders by vacating his belt just before a sponsorship appearance at an area mall.

LINK

Great article

Best of luck, champ!

Post #2   12/13/13 10:21:32PM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:1,106-542
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I still believe he wants to fight Anderson Silva before its all over and done.

Georgie, take a year, relax, enjoy your money, then hopefully Anderson is still fighting when you start thinking about that cherry on top of your amazing career.

Post #3   12/13/13 11:21:47PM   

UFC_Fanatic

Belt Contender

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,587-973
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by traveler77

Georgie, take a year, relax, enjoy your money, then hopefully Anderson is still fighting when you start thinking about that cherry on top of your amazing career.

I'm curious to know where anybody got the idea he ever wanted to fight anderson in the first place. Seems to me he closed the door on that every time it was ever brought up.

Post #4   12/14/13 1:47:09AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by traveler77

I'm curious to know where anybody got the idea he ever wanted to fight anderson in the first place. Seems to me he closed the door on that every time it was ever brought up.

I'm with you

I don't think GSP has any interest in ever fighting Anderson. I've felt this way ever since the Condit fight ended.

Post #5   12/14/13 1:49:56AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
"Sacrificed" belt?

There's only ONE person to SACRIFICE himself for the betterment of mankind...not only can this phenom walk on water and turn water into wine....but he can also part Mark Hunt FROM the Red Sea.

Did ya guess it yet??

First name rhymes with HAIL

- - Still didn't get it?

Middle name is (P)erfection

Still need help??

Post #6   12/14/13 11:42:20AM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,562-923
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

"Sacrificed" belt?

There's only ONE person to SACRIFICE himself for the betterment of mankind...not only can this phenom walk on water and turn water into wine....but he can also part Mark Hunt FROM the Red Sea.

Did ya guess it yet??

First name rhymes with HAIL

- - Still didn't get it?

Middle name is (P)erfection

Still need help??

I think you need help

Last edited 12/14/13 12:35PM server time by lucas
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   12/14/13 12:32:44PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,157-889
Chips:
im actually impressed with GSP it takes a real man to realize they have issues, go out and get them solved or at least attempt to, and to give up "everything" or at least one of the main things he has spent his life for. It takes real balls, and guts to do this all the respect in the world to G S P.

Post #8   12/14/13 4:19:10PM