Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Clay Guida wuz robbed, yo.

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Wow I guess there's always gonna be a debate about this one. The strong majority seems to think Guida won though.

I've watched it 3 times now and tried looking at it from different perspectives but I only see Griffin winning.

Post #31   6/19/07 2:21:50PM   

TuRocks

Learning to Sprawl

TuRocks Avatar

Career:1,904-1,098
Camp: Niskis Brothers
Chips:
I was pretty pissed at that decision at first. But when I watched the fight second time, it was clear that Griffin won the first and third round. In the third round Griffin landed alot of strikes and was very active from the bottom. Very close and very good fight.

Post #32   6/19/07 7:34:02PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
yeah even before the decision was rendered I was the only person in the room saying griffin won the fight. I said "you'll see" and then threw my arms up in victory when it was announced.

That's 2 really great fights in a row from tyson griffin btw... I'm going to have to make sure to follow him more closely.

Post #33   6/19/07 7:38:42PM   

Ulio

Learning to Sprawl

Ulio Avatar

Career:386-264
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Me to i think guida should have won he was happy at the end was jumping around he too though he won. But he didnt

I think the last round the judges might have given it to griffin his defense was good but man Guida was all over i think it was Bad decision.

Post #34   6/19/07 8:14:43PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Wow I guess there's always gonna be a debate about this one. The strong majority seems to think Guida won though.

I've watched it 3 times now and tried looking at it from different perspectives but I only see Griffin winning.

I actually counted in this thread. It's pretty close. 13 for Guida 9 for Griffin. 3 not giving an actual pick. The same thing happened with Starnes/Leben recently. ALso Melendez/Kawajiri and Lil Nog /Shogun went on for weeks. Even though I firmly beleive Griffin won, I can see why someone would think differently.One of those rare times when a draw might be appropriate.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #35   6/20/07 1:30:00AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3