Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Clay Guida wuz robbed, yo.

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
No, really. I was genuinely shocked when they gave it to Griffin. Clay took the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I thought. I just dunno sometimes...

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   6/16/07 9:13:39PM   

Gkizi

MMA Regular

Gkizi Avatar

Career:202-120
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I was pissed off when they announced Tyson as the winner.

Guida clearly won the second and the third round.

Post #2   6/16/07 9:26:04PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:2,039-1,252
Chips:
I dont know it was a really close fight. The first round was definitely Griffins and the third was definitely Guidas. The second round was a toss up Griffin was winning it then Guida started taking over towards the end of the round. I could easily see why 2 judges scored it for Griffin although i thought Guida won. By the way this fight was exciting and i cant wait to see Guidas and Griffins next fights.

Post #3   6/16/07 10:24:31PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I was very happy with the judges scoring this night. IMO Griffin won that fight.
As everybody else I scored the 1st rd. to Griffin and 2nd to Guida.

In the third Griffin was getting the better and almost dominating the stand-up and also landed a few semi-hard blows on the mat. Up until about 2:30.. the fight was his. Then Guida maintained top control for the rest of the fight but IMO did nothing with it. He didn't land any significant strikes and wasn't close with any submission attempts.
In the end he flurried a bit but that was more of a panic flurry than anything damaging but that was his highlight of the round IMO.

Since people tend to judge on what they last saw they think Guida won that fight but I agree with the judges.
Griffin controlled the first half standing up
Guida controlled the latter half on the ground.
The difference is that Griffin did more damage and was more active in my opinion.

Post #4   6/16/07 10:43:12PM   

C-MurdA

Learning to Sprawl

C-MurdA Avatar

Career:730-407
Camp: H-Town Boppers
Chips:
ya it was close but still

Post #5   6/16/07 10:55:57PM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
"Robbed" implies a clear-cut victory that is blatantly given to the wrong fighter. That fight was much too close to be a "robbery". It could have gone either way.

Post #6   6/17/07 12:05:47AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Anyway you look at it, it was still a great fight.

Post #7   6/17/07 12:07:51AM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

I was very happy with the judges scoring this night. IMO Griffin won that fight.

In the third Griffin was getting the better and almost dominating the stand-up and also landed a few semi-hard blows on the mat. Up until about 2:30.. the fight was his. Then Guida maintained top control for the rest of the fight but IMO did nothing with it. He didn't land any significant strikes and wasn't close with any submission attempts.
In the end he flurried a bit but that was more of a panic flurry than anything damaging but that was his highlight of the round IMO.

Since people tend to judge on what they last saw they think Guida won that fight but I agree with the judges.
The difference is that Griffin did more damage and was more active in my opinion.

Props to you because that is exacxtly what happend. I don't know why it is that the fans and usually judges only think the last minute of a round is what is important? Tyson controlled the round longer taking the fist 3 minutes, and Clay came on for the final two.

Either way this was a great fight, the only one of the night, and there will be no real loser. Both will be back in the UFC, and a rematch could be very apealing.

Post #8   6/17/07 12:10:47AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Stickan

Props to you because that is exacxtly what happend. I don't know why it is that the fans and usually judges only think the last minute of a round is what is important? Tyson controlled the round longer taking the fist 3 minutes, and Clay came on for the final two.

Either way this was a great fight, the only one of the night, and there will be no real loser. Both will be back in the UFC, and a rematch could be very apealing.

I totally agree too...Props Stickan

I was gonna say the same,but you beat me to if

Props to Guida too for putting on a hell of a show,and for not complaining at the slightest about the decision even though everyone was booing the decision........I gotta admit,i had Guida winning the last 2 rounds too till i watched the fight again,and the Judges only had 1 look at it...........im sure you noticed that Griffin had won most of the 3rd after rewatching it too(Stickan) just how i did......by saying exactly how griffin started losing at the 2;30 mark.

Post #9   6/17/07 12:55:13AM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Yeah he should have won...damn I had him winning by UD as well!!!!

That was a sick fight though, Guida has so much energy!

Post #10   6/17/07 1:24:03AM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Yeah i had Tyson winning by a UD but i was kinda surprised he won, i mean it was a great and close fight an all but i thought Guida won then again Tyson Griffin is well known in the UFC so seeing the judges give it to him after a close fight isn't to surprising now that i think about it

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #11   6/17/07 2:32:38AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

completely agree. Win I first watched the fight I did think Guida won, but when my roommate convieced me revaluate the third round, griffin was mostly in control most of the round untile the last minute or so and Guida didn't do much from the top position. But what great technical ground fight. I love fights like this! WAR 155!

Post #12   6/17/07 2:35:42AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Couldn't have said it better myself

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   6/17/07 2:40:48AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
Griffin won the first and third rounds, guida may have finished strong but tyson was dominant for longer in the final round.

Post #14   6/17/07 6:14:45AM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Im happy , i got my points!

Post #15   6/17/07 7:24:00AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3