Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Holly Holm wants 'six figures' to fight with Ronda Rousey

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,164-1,334
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

I would take Askren's credentials over Holm's, and the UFC wasn't willing to pay his price, which I'm guessing was less. Yeah she's a boxing world champion, but Askren was a Bellator MMA champion, Olympic wrestler and 2 time NCAA national champion wrestler, which in my mind is greater than a boxing champion

I agree on your credentials point. Though Holly comes with less mouth and headaches. Plus entertaining value Holly steals the show.

Last edited 12/10/13 9:20PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   12/10/13 9:18:13PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
I read this as Six fingers, I like my way better.

Post #17   12/10/13 10:24:49PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,108-574
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Holly Holm wants 'six figures' to fight with Ronda Rousey

Translation: Holly Holm wants 'six figures' to have her arm broken by Ronda Rousey

Post #18   12/10/13 10:34:02PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
100 k for Holm
35k for Diaz

Fucking crazy

Post #19   12/11/13 1:34:22AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

I read this as Six fingers, I like my way better.

Post #20   12/11/13 2:52:45AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,073-623
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

I would take Askren's credentials over Holm's, and the UFC wasn't willing to pay his price, which I'm guessing was less. Yeah she's a boxing world champion, but Askren was a Bellator MMA champion, Olympic wrestler and 2 time NCAA national champion wrestler, which in my mind is greater than a boxing champion

I agree on your credentials point. Though Holly comes with less mouth and headaches. Plus entertaining value Holly steals the show.

Holm's is definitely a lot more marketable as well. It's just that most boxers haven't done too well when transitioning over. If I'm not mistaken, James Tony had quite a few boxing world title's and he didnt fair too well once in the cage.

Post #21   12/11/13 10:15:46AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by JoeWarren33

Holm's is definitely a lot more marketable as well. It's just that most boxers haven't done too well when transitioning over. If I'm not mistaken, James Tony had quite a few boxing world title's and he didnt fair too well once in the cage.

one was a fat and old boxer who never took MMA seriously, the other is still in her fight prime while competing in MMA

Ray Mercer KTFO a former UFC champion

Last edited 12/11/13 10:32AM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   12/11/13 10:31:46AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,961-1,183
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Edit: Holly's a kickboxer too so her transition to mma will be smoother than most boxers, and already has

Posted by FlashyG

She'd have to clear out a division in Invicta before she'll even get in the ballpark of commanding that kind of money.

I agree. She's not even top ten in MMA. If she was Invicta champ, then her asking price wouldn't be so ridiculous.

I'd like to see her fight Rousey one day, and Zuffa may bite because they could use Holms combat sports credentials to hype the fight, But if Holm is greedy then she might screw herself out of the chance to fight Rousey.

She should just push for a PPV fight so she can get the PPV bonus instead of haggling over pay.

Last edited 12/11/13 11:22AM server time by bustamante-aoki

Post #23   12/11/13 11:19:50AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
TUF winners get a six figure contract. A 4 fight contract worth $25,000 base each fight isn't asking too much. No where does it say she demands six figures for a single fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   12/11/13 1:29:44PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:
Holm is def worth the money in this growing division..they need all the stars the can get..and unlike Askren, Holm will actually put on a show..it's all bout marketing and making money..and i'm sure Dana is more interested in picking up Holm then he was with Askren..we'll see Holm in the UFC before Askren..

Post #25   12/11/13 1:53:47PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

TUF winners get a six figure contract. A 4 fight contract worth $25,000 base each fight isn't asking too much. No where does it say she demands six figures for a single fight

It doesn't say it exactly but that's the way the article makes it sound.

Se we're just waiting for the UFC to give Holly the right opportunity, because we want a title fight

When asked what amount they were looking for for Holm's debut, Fresquez was clear.

We're looking for six figures," he replied. "And there's not too many fighters that make six figures. Right now Holly earns probably more than 80% of the male fighters in the UFC, and probably earns more than 98% of the female fighters."

He also claimed she's a brand all to herself and compared acquiring her for the UFC to acquiring Strikeforce.

She needs new management.

Post #26   12/11/13 2:28:43PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

He also claimed she's a brand all to herself and compared acquiring her for the UFC to acquiring Strikeforce.

I couldn't agree more

No matter what she did in boxing, she's yet to accomplish much in MMA.

Last edited 12/11/13 3:10PM server time by Webbie

Post #27   12/11/13 3:10:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by FlashyG

I couldn't agree more

she's probably done more in boxing than Rousey did in judo

Post #28   12/11/13 5:23:38PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Webbie

Posted by FlashyG

I couldn't agree more

she's probably done more in boxing than Rousey did in judo

As far as I'm concerned Rousey hasn't accomplished much either

Post #29   12/11/13 6:09:25PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2