Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anthony Pettis Expected to be Sidelined Six to Eight Months, Hopes for Nate Diaz Upon Return

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

I should of known you were talking about TUF here.... wait, what?

Everything about this statement writes off the fighter and his fights. "Josh has Nate and that's it" right after "Josh's only UFC win in 10 years. Wearing UFC gloves, Nate is 15-7 in the UFC".

Why, to you, is that all Josh has? Why do you mention so much of Nate's career being 15-7 with the UFC gloves but all Josh has is his recent trashing of Nate? Does he not have prior UFC victories? Pride FC, Strikeforce? That's the weakness of this point you're attempting to make I'm pointing out. It sound like you're biased or something.

Never said you should've known. You incorrectly assumed and I corrected you. UFC record and popularity, whether you want to admit it or not, do matter since what we are discussing is the UFC title. And very cute of you to just take what I type to you and type it back to me.

In my opinion, both are great fighters and neither deserve a title fight before at least one more win. To feel one does and one doesn't would be biased based on who each have even recently lost to, who are top 5 and yet to face Pettis.

There is no flaw in that, not sure why you keep looking for one. Might be wise of you to abandon whatever point you're trying to make (just as you chose to abandon logic for this thread, which I don't remember being normal for you) because ya never go full retard bro.

Last edited 12/5/13 3:27PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   12/5/13 3:25:30PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,113-786
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

I should of known you were talking about TUF here.... wait, what?

Everything about this statement writes off the fighter and his fights. "Josh has Nate and that's it" right after "Josh's only UFC win in 10 years. Wearing UFC gloves, Nate is 15-7 in the UFC".

Why, to you, is that all Josh has? Why do you mention so much of Nate's career being 15-7 with the UFC gloves but all Josh has is his recent trashing of Nate? Does he not have prior UFC victories? Pride FC, Strikeforce? That's the weakness of this point you're attempting to make I'm pointing out. It sound like you're biased or something.

Posted by Kpro
Never said you should've known. You incorrectly assumed and I corrected you. UFC record and popularity, whether you want to admit it or not, do matter since what we are discussing is the UFC title. And very cute of you to just take what I type to you and type it back to me.

The thing about TUF actually is largely irrelevant to my point which you avoided addressing, partially. Do you really think fights that don't take place in the UFC are meaningless, because you continue to imply that even here again with the UFC record bit. Were you angry when Melendez fought for the title since he had a 0-0? Did Shields not warrant a title shot with his 0-0 UFC record? That's what you aren't getting. You make a statement that Nate is 15-7 but Josh is basically 1-0. I find that to be an intellectually dishonest window to gaze through. They have MMA careers and letter on gloves do not account for everything at all. To act like it's the defining factor is a detrimentally limited perspective. And I don;t think much needs to be said about my stance on thinks like talk and popularity being factors for picking fights, what happens in the cage takes precedence for me.

Posted by Kpro
In my opinion, both are great fighters and neither deserve a title fight before at least one more win. To feel one does and one doesn't would be biased based on who each have even recently lost to, who are top 5 and yet to face Pettis.

Well I disagree with you're opinion. Diaz and Thompson are not on equal ground. Diaz got wrecked by Thomson in the cage. Thomson is not the number one contender and I have never claimed he is, but he is more deserving then Diaz is of a title shot on one of only a few guys that warrants talk of a title shot. Diaz is not. I also disagree with your opinion that anyone who feels other wise is simply bias, that's a weak stance imo.

Posted by Kpro
There is no flaw in that, not sure why you keep looking for one. Might be wise of you to abandon whatever point you're trying to make (just as you chose to abandon logic for this thread) because ya never go full retard bro.

Uh... okay.

Last edited 12/5/13 3:43PM server time by GDPofMPG

Post #32   12/5/13 3:41:24PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Personally I'd prefer him face Grant, but I've got no problem with Thompson or DIaz fighting him or eachother either.

I don't think there is a bad fight no matter who gets matched up of those 4.

Post #33   12/5/13 3:59:59PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Chips:
I'm so thankful that the Almighty Seer came down from his Watchtower of Judgement to impart us visions from a better world view. Thank you, GDPofMPG. With out your superior moral compass and heightened level of integrity, we never would have realized how you calling the current UFC 155lb Champion a pussy was completely rational, and not emotional.

You may not like people trying to discount your opinion, but you sure have spent a lot of time today trying to discount others. Wouldn't that be "responding to the talk", or however you put it, just like Pettis is responding to Diaz?

Post #34   12/5/13 4:09:36PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by Webbie

You blatantly bashed Pettis calling him a pussy and a clown simply because he stated his opinion on wanting to fight Diaz.

Stop acting like everyone else is being ridiculous.

I don't like it when a guy at the top has his eyes on a guy way down the line in place better options because of "talking". Do want an apology for that or something? You're not getting one dude, you're going to have to find a way to live the fact that that's my opinion. Earn fights in the cage not with your mouth, that is my opinion. Others not sharing the same opinion as me does not make them ridiculous but people do say ridiculous things trying to prove the invalidity of my opinion.

lol... why would I want an apology? I'm not Anthony Pettis; I have no reason to be offended by your comments.

Obviously my point went over your head.

Post #35   12/5/13 4:13:55PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I'm so thankful that the Almighty Seer came down from his Watchtower of Judgement to impart us visions from a better world view. Thank you, GDPofMPG. With out your superior moral compass and heightened level of integrity, we never would have realized how you calling the current UFC 155lb Champion a pussy was completely rational, and not emotional.

You may not like people trying to discount your opinion, but you sure have spent a lot of time today trying to discount others. Wouldn't that be "responding to the talk", or however you put it, just like Pettis is responding to Diaz?

Or it's simply stating the reasons for my opinions when others attempt to make determinations for why I have said opinions. But call it what you need to.

Posted by FlashyG

Personally I'd prefer him face Grant, but I've got no problem with Thompson or DIaz fighting him or eachother either.

I don't think there is a bad fight no matter who gets matched up of those 4.

I don't disagree, with my personal caveat being today there are at least 6 people I think more deserving then Diaz himself which is why I don't like that "talking" has the champion more interested then what those other guys have done in the cage to make me think they are more deserving.

Last edited 12/5/13 4:24PM server time by GDPofMPG
3 total post edits

Post #36   12/5/13 4:13:56PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by GDPofMPG

you're going to have to find a way to live the fact that that's my opinion.

Right along with everything that has been typed in this entire thread.

Post #37   12/5/13 4:22:53PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Webbie

Posted by GDPofMPG

you're going to have to find a way to live the fact that that's my opinion.

Right along with everything that has been typed in this entire thread.

Sure dude, tell me more about how not sharing your opinion makes someone bias. It was a great read.

Post #38   12/5/13 4:27:58PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by pmoney

Or it's simply stating the reasons for my opinions when others attempt to make determinations for why I have said opinions. But call it what you need to.

I'm not calling it what I need to, I'm calling it what it is. Simply stating your reasons for your opinions, while 100% acceptable, is responding to the talk. Everyone's opinion has a certain level of validity, if for no other reason than relativity. If you are so comfortable in your opinion, why the need to blow up a thread defending it? If you were the champ, would this be an example of a confident champion fighting the best fighters, or a champion responding to the talk?

Post #39   12/5/13 4:37:33PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by pmoney

I'm not calling it what I need to, I'm calling it what it is. Simply stating your reasons for your opinions, while 100% acceptable, is responding to the talk. Everyone's opinion has a certain level of validity, if for no other reason than relativity. If you are so comfortable in your opinion, why the need to blow up a thread defending it? If you were the champ, would this be an example of a confident champion fighting the best fighters, or a champion responding to the talk?

This is a discussion forum, hence, it's the proper place to "respond to the talk" so what is you're point? I have an opinion, others engaged presenting their opinions which conflict with mine, point, rebuttal, repeat. Is that not how tings work? Does it need to even be written out? "If you are so comfortable in your opinion, why the need to blow up a thread defending it?" I'm perfectly fine defending my opinions when they are challenged, comfortable you might even say, your question kind of answers itself, don't you think? But the answer has to do with the part above, you know, about how discourse on a forum goes. Now how you attempt to analogize a forum discussion into being a fighting champion is odd. If I was a champ, I would express the opinions I have no differently, I would back them up with my reasons for having that opinion no differently and I would continue to engage in a discussion as I so desired. Does that answer your question? How about this, if I was champ, then one day maybe I'd have a discussion with you, but today I am focused on Kypo and Webbie because their posting more greatly warrants discussion. How's that? The analogy is poor for an actual champion fighter though imo. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder, Actions warrant title shots, not talk. I'd not want to pick my own opponents because I can't handle the talk, I'd want an opponents chosen for me based on the results of their actions in the cage.

Anyways, for everyone, I take back what I said about Pettis being a pussy, not right. But I will say I don't like the talk. IMO fighting > talking for deciding how to book title fights and what bothers me is the UFC doesn't always agree, Pettis could be giving them added incentive not to yet again.

Last edited 12/5/13 5:32PM server time by GDPofMPG
2 total post edits

Post #40   12/5/13 4:57:36PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,419-820
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

This would be only the second time in the last half dozen years that two of my favorite half dozen fighters have fought after Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit. With no Greg Jackson in the equation, at least Nate vs. Anthony would definitely not disappoint.

Diaz v Condit=THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUSE!!!

^only way to describe the disappointment

Post #41   12/5/13 5:01:59PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG
This is a discussion forum, hence, it's the proper place to "respond to the talk" so what is you're point? I have an opinion, others engaged presenting their opinions which conflict with mine, point, rebuttal, repeat. Is that not how tings work? Does it need to even be written out? "If you are so comfortable in your opinion, why the need to blow up a thread defending it?" I'm perfectly fine defending my opinions when they are challenged, comfortable you might even say, your question kind of answers itself, don't you think? But the answer has to do with the part above, you know, about how discourse on a forum goes. Now how you attempt to analogize a forum discussion into being a fighting champion is odd. If I was a champ, I would express the opinions I have no differently, I would back them up with my reasons for having that opinion no differently and I would continue to engage in a discussion as I so desired. Does that answer your question? How about this, if I was champ, then one day maybe I'd have a discussion with you, but today I am focused on Kypo and Webbie because their posting more greatly warrants discussion. How's that? The analogy is poor for an actual champion fighter though imo. Talk is cheap, actions speak louder, Actions warrant title shots, not talk. I'd not want to pick my own opponents because I can't handle the talk, I'd want an opponents chosen for me based on the results of their actions in the cage.

The thing is, I would never want to have a conversation with you. You are a transparent, narcissistic, super progressive dude who is so much better than anyone. Or at least that's what your posts reek of. It's quite obvious how highly you regard yourself and your intellect and your perspective. And that's awesome. You have to believe in yourself, or who else will, right?

I know this is a forum. Do you know how to read? Because where I said this, "I'm not calling it what I need to, I'm calling it what it is. Simply stating your reasons for your opinions, while 100% acceptable, is responding to the talk." I feel that was implied. Point is, in MY opinion, you are a fucking hypocrite. If the UFC world champion is a pussy for calling out people talking shit and trying to FIGHT him, what the fuck does that make you for taking time out of your day to respond to people you don't know, on the internet?

Post #42   12/5/13 5:50:49PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:985-525
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Nate sure knows how to start some shit. He is far from the number one contender slot, but I love the matchup. And since Pettis is the champ now, he gets to call his shots.

Showtime fears THE STOCKTON SLAP!

Post #43   12/5/13 6:13:47PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

The thing is, I would never want to have a conversation with you. You are a transparent, narcissistic, super progressive dude who is so much better than anyone. Or at least that's what your posts reek of. It's quite obvious how highly you regard yourself and your intellect and your perspective. And that's awesome. You have to believe in yourself, or who else will, right?

I know this is a forum. Do you know how to read? Because where I said this, "I'm not calling it what I need to, I'm calling it what it is. Simply stating your reasons for your opinions, while 100% acceptable, is responding to the talk." I feel that was implied. Point is, in MY opinion, you are a fucking hypocrite. If the UFC world champion is a pussy for calling out people talking shit and trying to FIGHT him, what the fuck does that make you for taking time out of your day to respond to people you don't know, on the internet?

You seem to want to converse with me here, or you would of made the choice not to. It was also you who made the decision to initially engage with me here when you made that juvenile post directed my way, I didn't do that for you. I think where your analogy falls flat is that I have no obligation to defend any title against worthy contenders regardless of what is said. Discussions are not competitive contests even though the nature of an argument can emulate that feeling. There is not a competitive hierarchy in place that dictates what conversation and with who is warranted when where in the sport, such a mechanism is supposed to exist, especially at the top. How talk is responded to is important and there are proper times and places for doing so, a discussion forum is the proper place, as it was intended for just that, making up a part of how a response is given, in a forum post. The two situations are not similar, If any fighter talks shit on Pettis, he can respond, he can want to fight them, but the response being that the fight would be a title fight asap is a dynamic apart from the method of a discussion forum. It doesn't fit. If he wants to handle his personal beefs he should do so outside of the professional realm unless the situation, free from his influence, deems he can handle it professionally.

Post #44   12/5/13 6:15:46PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
As if on cue:

QUICK TWITT | Diaz Responds To Pettis Callout, Tells Champ To Work His Way Back Up"
#1fightayearyutalking

Post #45   12/5/13 6:24:03PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4