Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anthony Pettis Expected to be Sidelined Six to Eight Months, Hopes for Nate Diaz Upon Return

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,710-2,799
Chips:
UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is expected to be out six to eight months following his scheduled Dec. 12 knee surgery and hopes to fight Nate Diaz when he retires.

Link

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   12/5/13 11:21:30AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,337-1,489
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm with Pettis, I'd love to see that fight too! Nate did amazing against Maynard. Edgar and Grant both had a tougher time with Maynard than Diaz did, although Grant still got the job done in RD 1. Hopefully Nate can work his way back and avenge some L's

Post #2   12/5/13 11:56:29AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Sucks Pettis will be sidelined for so long. I'd love to see him fight Diaz. I think Showtime would dominate Diaz.

Post #3   12/5/13 12:05:28PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I'm with Pettis, I'd love to see that fight too! Nate did amazing against Maynard. Edgar and Grant both had a tougher time with Maynard than Diaz did, although Grant still got the job done in RD 1. Hopefully Nate can work his way back and avenge some L's

You could say Edgar and Grant made it easier for Diaz

Post #4   12/5/13 12:10:07PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by pmoney

And the Cerrone and Miller fights were just an off night for both who normally would've won any other night.

Post #5   12/5/13 12:24:57PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,337-1,489
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Well played sir

Although you could say age and experience helped Diaz, as he finished Maynard for a second time, this time much easier than the first

Post #6   12/5/13 12:27:26PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Chips:
This would be only the second time in the last half dozen years that two of my favorite half dozen fighters have fought after Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit. With no Greg Jackson in the equation, at least Nate vs. Anthony would definitely not disappoint.

Post #7   12/5/13 12:30:43PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,269-2,033
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Pussy. Using "talking" as an excuse to duck better more deserving fighters. He doesn't want Thomson, he wants the guys Thomson trashed so bad the towel had to get thrown in to save him. What a clown.

Post #8   12/5/13 12:57:14PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,602-3,078
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
diaz needs to get in back of the line

Post #9   12/5/13 1:06:03PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by FastKnockout

Well played sir

Although you could say age and experience helped Diaz, as he finished Maynard for a second time, this time much easier than the first

Haha true! I'm not the biggest Diaz fan but their skills are undeniable.

Post #10   12/5/13 1:09:05PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:162-107
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Pussy. Using "talking" as an excuse to duck better more deserving fighters. He doesn't want Thomson, he wants the guys Thomson trashed so bad the towel had to get thrown in to save him. What a clown.

LOL... wow, you really hate Pettis, huh? smh

Pettis would destroy Thomson.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #11   12/5/13 1:09:49PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by GDPofMPG

LOL... wow, you really hate Pettis, huh? smh

Pettis would destroy Thomson.

I hate when fighters want undeserving opponents. It's chicken shit. Diaz is debatable top ten right now and the Champion thinks that's the caliber of fighter he should be defending his title against as opposed to the guy who utterly embarrassed Diaz to the point of having the towel thrown in, no thanks. Look at what Bendo and Thomson did to Diaz, that's who people want to fight for the title? Fucking sad. The bigger MMA story his last fight was Maynards continuing decline, not Diaz looking the same as he typically has for a while when not getting trashed himself.

And you can think Pettis would destroy Thomson, majority of mma fans have been very comfortable writing off guys like him for a while, even in his last fight. But it's a baseless opinion. Thomson has plenty of ways to beat Pettis.

If Diaz fights and wins against those he is currently looking up at then in 6 to 8 months for Pettis to say this is different. But right now, because Diaz has been "talking"? What is he 12 years old? Talk is cheap, reacting to talk over actions, just as cheap.

Last edited 12/5/13 1:32PM server time by GDPofMPG
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #12   12/5/13 1:20:01PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

I hate when fighters want undeserving opponents. It's chicken shit. Diaz is debatable top ten right now and the Champion thinks that's the caliber of fighter he should be defending his title against as opposed to the guy who utterly embarrassed Diaz to the point of having the towel thrown in, no thanks. Look at what Bendo and Thomson did to Diaz, that's who people want to fight for the title? Fucking sad. The bigger MMA story his last fight was Maynards continuing decline, not Diaz looking the same as he typically has for a while when not getting trashed himself.

Did you even read the article? Pettis said he hopes Diaz works his way up. He's well aware that Diaz isn't deserving of a title shot right now. All Pettis did was answer a question. They asked who he hoped he could fight in his return, and his answer was Diaz for obvious reasons. Why wouldn't Pettis want to silence the guy that's been running his mouth all this time?

Posted by GDPofMPG

And you can think Pettis would destroy Thomson, majority of mma fans have been very comfortable writing off guys like him for a while, even in his last fight. But it's a baseless opinion. Thomson has plenty of ways to beat Pettis.

Thomson could very well lose to Bendo. If that happens, what then? You want Bendo to lose to Pettis a third time?

I could see Melendez and maybe Grant giving Pettis trouble, but Thomson? No way. That constantly running and switching stances will do nothing for him against Pettis.

Posted by GDPofMPG

If Diaz fights and wins against those he is currently looking up at then in 6 to 8 months for Pettis to say this is different. But right now, because Diaz has been "talking"? What is he 12 years old? Talk is cheap, reacting to talk over actions, just as cheap.

Again, I don't think you bothered to read the article. Pettis will be out 6 to 8 months, and he's hoping Diaz will work his way up. Simple as. Not sure why you'd be so angry at the guy for simply giving an honest answer to a question.

Last edited 12/5/13 1:44PM server time by Webbie
3 total post edits

Post #13   12/5/13 1:40:04PM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
An honest answer I would respect would of included the names Melendez, Thomson, Grant or Aldo. Not "Diaz has been talking blah blah blah". He honestly answered by saying the less deserving fighter is who is on his mind today.

Post #14   12/5/13 1:51:03PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

An honest answer I would respect would of included the names Melendez, Thomson, Grant or Aldo. Not "Diaz has been talking blah blah blah". He honestly answered by saying the less deserving fighter is who is on his mind today.

Pettis has made it very clear multiple times now that he wants Aldo. Stating that he wants Diaz doesn't mean he's afraid of better competition.

The man's just being honest. If anything that's a good quality.

Last edited 12/5/13 1:55PM server time by Webbie

Post #15   12/5/13 1:55:00PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4