Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 'Of The Night' Awards (season starts at UFC Fight Night 33)

Print  
  Page 10 of 13   <<   7     8     9     10     11     12     13  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
With the new bonus system we're going to have to tweak the rules of this game a little. I'm thinking we keep the FOTN pick and instead of a KOTN and a SOTN we just pick two fighters we think will get a POTN (performance of the night) bonus. None will not be an option now. Sorry Stone, especially after you just found out you could do that.

I think we should sit this event out to see how Dana awards these bonuses though. Plus those of you who already picked before this was announced will probably not read this until after the event is over. I'll use the 1st event of the primary league's next season to end this season and next season will be only 9 events long. How does that sound? Any objections?

Post #136   2/11/14 8:30:44PM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:1,713-980
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I think this event should count & everyone has to abide by the same rules we've been doing since people have already made their picks for 1 of each. Nobody picked none so starting this event you can no longer get awarded points for doing so. Going forward you still have to pick a FOTN, but you can pick 2 KOTN or 2 SOTN instead 1 of each & still totaling 4 fighters. Furthermore, I definitely think it should have to be specified if it's a KO or Submission because the bonus 4 for getting all correct would be much easier if you merely just picked fighters; at least through the rest of this season which is already 7/10 events complete.

FOTN - Lyoto Machida & Gegard Mousasi
KOTN - Erick Silva
SOTN - Charles Oliveira

Last edited 2/11/14 10:25PM server time by loosecannon
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #137   2/11/14 10:19:56PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Sub - Oliveira
KO - Machida
Fight - Machida vs. Mousasi

Post #138   2/12/14 8:36:56AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Alright. We'll finish this season out the way LooseCannon is saying and then I'll figure out better rules for the next season.

You can now pick two KOTN's or two SOTN's if you don't think there will be one of them.

Post #139   2/12/14 2:06:00PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Okay, slight change of plans. This event coming up (This Saturday) will be done the way I said above. Two KOTN or two SOTN or one of each. All events after this will be two POTN and a FOTN. Since the fight night bonuses aren't just limited to finishes (Fighters in a decision can win as well) it doesn't make sense to make you guys specify. The only reason I'm keeping this upcoming event the way I said above is because several of you have already made picks and you might not see this in time.

I will PM everyone who plays before I update the next event to make sure you know the new rules.

Sorry I've been back and forth on this but I'm just trying to please the majority. This is a final decision though.

Post #140   2/13/14 1:23:24AM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Chips:
It will be an extremely rare circumstance where a fighter that doesn't get a finish or FOTN gets a bonus. I was trying to think of a time when that may have happened & looking back it ended up being FOTN in the few off the top of my head I thought could have been.

Last edited 2/13/14 9:18AM server time by loosecannon
Edit note/reason: Re-think so
3 total post edits

Post #141   2/13/14 4:23:28AM   

Edwards

Standup Guy

Edwards Avatar

Career:2,523-1,339
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
KOTN Silva
SOTN Souza
FOTN Arantes v Blanco

Post #142   2/13/14 4:53:44PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,164-1,334
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
KOTN Silva
KOTN Lyoto
FOTN maxi/arantes

Last edited 2/14/14 4:09AM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #143   2/14/14 4:08:30AM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Okay, slight change of plans. This event coming up (This Saturday) will be done the way I said above. Two KOTN or two SOTN or one of each. All events after this will be two POTN and a FOTN. Since the fight night bonuses aren't just limited to finishes (Fighters in a decision can win as well) it doesn't make sense to make you guys specify. The only reason I'm keeping this upcoming event the way I said above is because several of you have already made picks and you might not see this in time.

I will PM everyone who plays before I update the next event to make sure you know the new rules.

Sorry I've been back and forth on this but I'm just trying to please the majority. This is a final decision though.

Sounds good. Also after this event, starting at UFC 170, I don't see the point on being specific to how the fighters POTN is earned. Since the UFC will no longer be using KOTN or SOTN in their new structure I don't think we should either.

Post #144   2/14/14 12:39:03PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Budgellism

Sounds good. Also after this event, starting at UFC 170, I don't see the point on being specific to how the fighters POTN is earned. Since the UFC will no longer be using KOTN or SOTN in their new structure I don't think we should either.

Exactly

Post #145   2/14/14 1:21:33PM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Chips:
If this were a vegas bookie real money or any kind of stakes whatsoever on the line the rules wouldn't be changed to make it way easier in the middle, much less at the end. The awards will still go to the FOTN & the best 2 stoppages 99% of the time, they just don't want a loan submission by default to get a bonus when there were 2 good knockouts or vice versa. The rules will definitely need to be changed next season with the whole points & bonus structure, but this season specifications should still have to be made. It probably won't even play a factor, but it will be garbage if someone gets points for simply putting POFN when there pick was completely off.

Post #146   2/14/14 3:30:28PM   

Southside11

MMA Regular

Southside11 Avatar

Career:2,425-1,477
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

If this were a vegas bookie real money or any kind of stakes whatsoever on the line the rules wouldn't be changed to make it way easier in the middle, much less at the end. The awards will still go to the FOTN & the best 2 stoppages 99% of the time, they just don't want a loan submission by default to get a bonus when there were 2 good knockouts or vice versa. The rules will definitely need to be changed next season with the whole points & bonus structure, but this season specifications should still have to be made. It probably won't even play a factor, but it will be garbage if someone gets points for simply putting POFN when there pick was completely off.

It's not vegas (or real), it's fantasy...and the UFC changed their rules, so this FANTASY game should match it. I think if you don't like the rules, don't participate and start your own game, or if Budge steps down you can take it over. That simple.

Post #147   2/14/14 4:38:25PM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Chips:

Post #148   2/14/14 5:37:33PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Southside11

Posted by LooseCannon

It's not vegas (or real), it's fantasy...and the UFC changed their rules, so this FANTASY game should match it. I think if you don't like the rules, don't participate and start your own game, or if Budge steps down you can take it over. That simple.

I agree and that's that. If you don't want to play anymore that's fine. If you do that's fine as well. These are the rules we're sticking with though.

Post #149   2/14/14 7:20:41PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
KOTN: Charles Oliveira
SOTN: Ronaldo Souza
FOTN: Arantes vs Blanco

Post #150   2/15/14 8:15:02AM   

Page 10 of 13   <<   7     8     9     10     11     12     13