Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St-Pierre Shoots Down Rumors; Rematch Already in the Works

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre fueled a quagmire of conjecture following his UFC 167 victory overJohny Hendricks, saying, “I am going to hang my gloves up for a little bit and make sense of my life. I have to go away for a little bit at least. Personal things are happening. I have to step away for a bit; that’s all I can say right now.”

He might have been better off saying nothing at all.

Link

Last edited 11/19/13 3:41PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/19/13 3:40:31PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
They are saying Vegas memorial day weekend.
Which I will be at. But I highly doubt this fight will
Happen in May.

Post #2   11/19/13 5:06:44PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,118-606
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This article is all Dana said.
None of it is GSP said.

Post #3   11/19/13 5:09:09PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I hope it doesn't happen. GSP clearly doesn't want to do it right now.

Dana needs to fuck off.

Last edited 11/19/13 5:21PM server time by Webbie

Post #4   11/19/13 5:20:31PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
^ Who cares what GSP wants? He does not call the shots, especially after his last performance. I don't think anyone was impressed by it.

Post #5   11/19/13 5:41:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

^ Who cares what GSP wants? He does not call the shots, especially after his last performance. I don't think anyone was impressed by it.

he has every right to say when he wants to fight, especially after winning his 12th consecutive fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   11/19/13 5:43:04PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by infestructure

he has every right to say when he wants to fight, especially after winning his 12th consecutive fight

Even if he wins 100 in a row it does not give him any more right to call the shots than a guy on his debut imo. No fighter is bigger than the sport.

Post #7   11/19/13 6:08:18PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by infestructure

Even if he wins 100 in a row it does not give him any more right to call the shots than a guy on his debut imo. No fighter is bigger than the sport.

actually a guy is allowed to retire when ever he wants and than come back if he wants to….. his life is exactly that, his life

Post #8   11/19/13 7:20:05PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Damn bro, you need to get the fuck over the decision and stop acting like a child.

Have some respect for one of the greatest to ever compete in MMA. That fact hasn't changed no matter who won on Saturday night.

Last edited 11/19/13 7:41PM server time by Webbie
2 total post edits

Post #9   11/19/13 7:40:17PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by infestructure

actually a guy is allowed to retire when ever he wants and than come back if he wants to….. his life is exactly that, his life

Exactly

Post #10   11/19/13 7:43:03PM   

TheShaman

MMA Regular

Career:491-336
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
He's not a gladiator slave

Post #11   11/19/13 7:50:57PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
GSP will never let anybody decide for him however as much as he may have looked depressed Saturday after the fight, he is a fighter, it is in his blood, he like it, like to train, the competition, etc... the guy just try to get some vacation, some peoples took it like yrs off vacation long but he cant stay away from fighting for so long, he is addicted to it.

GSP will take 3 months off max, then he will start to prepare for the rematch, witch he will win decisively this time to shut down the haters who cant score fights other way than cosmetic damage and are dangerously influenced by Rogan " big knee " that didn't land so didn't score on veteran and professional judging cards or " huge elbow " that barely landed but looked spectacular.

GSP didn't have the perfect gameplan but will adjust for the rematch, adding to the gameplan he had to fight the last 3 rds with 1 eye because he got hit directly on the eye on rd 2 witch is a badluck if you ask me, adding to that a trip on rd 4 that leaded to the only cut he got ( elbow by GNP ).
Next time it wont happen and he will win all 5 rds.

On the other end peoples has to agree that Hendrick fought the fight of his life when everything was working for him, he won 2 rds clear and that's about the top he will ever get.

WAR GSP !!!

WAR CPT !!!

Post #12   11/19/13 8:00:40PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by infestructure

Damn bro, you need to get the fuck over the decision and stop acting like a child.

Have some respect for one of the greatest to ever compete in MMA. That fact hasn't changed no matter who won on Saturday night.

Dude, don't start with the personal attacks. I'm upset by the decision, but I'm remaining rational about it. Take a
I was referring to GSP calling the shots as in who he fights, not whether he fights or not. Of course he can quit at any time, of course he's not a gladiator. But if he wants to keep his belt, he's gotta fight.

Last edited 11/19/13 8:18PM server time by infestructure

Post #13   11/19/13 8:17:05PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Webbie

Posted by infestructure

I was referring to GSP calling the shots as in who he fights, not whether he fights or not. Of course he can quit at any time, of course he's not a gladiator. But if he wants to keep his belt, he's gotta fight.

Remaining rational about it? That's debatable. In other threads you've said that anyone who thought GSP won is a "blind MMA fan," which simply isn't the case.

That aside, who said anything about taking time off and keeping the belt?

If the man wants time off he deserves it. It sounds like the belt is the least of his concerns at this point.

Post #14   11/19/13 8:49:50PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Chips:
Its odd to me how little everyone seems to respect peoples mental health.

If GSP had a knee injury and needed to take time away to get it fixed before fighting, there would be no consideration at all to taking his title.

Yet because its his mental health that isn't right rather than his physical well being it seems that everyone is mostly in agreement that he shouldn't get to keep the title while he recovers.

Personally I think stripping the belt from him depends on the length of time he's going to be out. If there is no timetable for his return then I'd be ok with stripping the title, but otherwise I think it should be treated like any other injury.

Post #15   11/19/13 9:01:55PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2