Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sorry Dana...

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

I haven't heard Dana's comments...but I know i already agree with the premise that GSP doesn't owe the UFC anything. He's done his part. He's fought his battles.

it was temper tantrum Dana at the post fight presser

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   11/18/13 8:04:14AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

He owes Johny Hendricks a rematch before he "steps away". Then he can either pass the torch or go out decisively as the best.

he owes Hendricks shit all

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   11/18/13 8:06:34AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I can sorta see what Dana is trying to say, though. When you've dominated for as many years as GSP has it doesn't look good when you start talking about 'stepping' away from the sport after someone finally gives you a decent beating.

BUT, if it's true about GSP not getting sleep and that hedoesn't feel comfortable with his state of mind during day to day life then he should absolutely retire. Health should always comes first no matter what. But GSP has been talking about retirement for his last few fights and it's been for other reasons like losing passion for the sport. This is the first time he's mentioned his mental health.

I think we should assume its true. GSP doesn't seem like the type to lie about that sort of thing. At the press conference, it looked like he was struggling with a desire to spill the beans and explain his personal issues, but I'm glad he didn't. It looked honest to me.

And ya, personal issues affect how you perform. He can't keep up with his training, fighting all these tough guys, if he's got problems sleeping and getting his head straight.

He owes no one anything. It might suck for Hendricks to not get to properly beat him, but sometimes life sucks.

Post #18   11/18/13 9:53:02AM   

One_Hit_Quit

MMA Regular

One_Hit_Quit Avatar

Career:2,144-1,192
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
GSP is a grown ass man. Whatever he decides, Dana should respect it.

Post #19   11/18/13 1:00:04PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Sorry. I found this picture and just had to post it somewhere

Post #20   11/18/13 7:51:21PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Here is my problem with that...

GSP needs to be clear to the ufc what he means. If GSP needs a year off to sort things out in his personal life, then I would recommend he relinquishes the title. If there is no predetermined date of return, GSP needs to relinquish the title.

You can't leave a sport and then come back and resume where you left off...If he has a physical injury that needs long term recovery, then that is a legitimate reason to retain the title (within the allotted time). Taking a year or more off due to personal reasons should mean he would have to reliquish the title.

If GSP says "I want 6 months off until my next fight, " then I'm sure the ufc and fans will have no problem with it.

Post #21   11/19/13 7:01:30PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:786-498
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sure Dana should pay GSP a little respect... but Dana is a businessman. His business profits GREATLY off GSP being a part of it. What do you expect him to say?

Post #22   11/20/13 5:50:23AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,552-1,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by scoozna

I haven't heard Dana's comments...but I know i already agree with the premise that GSP doesn't owe the UFC anything. He's done his part. He's fought his battles.

it was temper tantrum Dana at the post fight presser

Exactly. Reminded me of a spoiled child who had just lost his favourite toy. Which may actually be a fairly accurate metaphor here.

I get Dana is running a business, but GSPs a human being. You can't just shit on fighters like that for wanting to take care of their health, especially when that fighters given you so many great fights over the years.

Post #23   11/20/13 6:53:30PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2