Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sorry Dana...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
But if GSP feels he's not mentally fit to compete anymore and needs a break from the sport, he doesn't owe a dam thing to you, the fans, Hendricks, or anybody else.

GSP has been in so many wars over the years, gave his blood sweat and tears to this sport, fulfilled his obligations to the fans and helped build the sport to what it is today. Sorry that you can't let your cash cow walk away to take care of HIS health. Cuz doctor Dana knows who is mentally fit to compete and everything.

Really, has anyone competed at the top level for as long as GSP in the modern era? Show some god dam respect.

Is it unfortunate that he will leave on such a controversial fight? Of course. But GSP doesn't judge the fights, he went and gave it everything he had and his reward is to be shit on by Dummy White and legions of so called "loyal" fans. He decided on this before the fight, he's not running away from anyone.

I feel like if you are a true GSP fan, just be thankful for the years he's given to the sport and to entertaining us!

Post #1   11/17/13 6:13:33PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

But if GSP feels he's not mentally fit to compete anymore and needs a break from the sport, he doesn't owe a dam thing to you, the fans, Hendricks, or anybody else.

GSP has been in so many wars over the years, gave his blood sweat and tears to this sport, fulfilled his obligations to the fans and helped build the sport to what it is today. Sorry that you can't let your cash cow walk away to take care of HIS health. Cuz doctor Dana knows who is mentally fit to compete and everything.

Really, has anyone competed at the top level for as long as GSP in the modern era? Show some god dam respect.

Is it unfortunate that he will leave on such a controversial fight? Of course. But GSP doesn't judge the fights, he went and gave it everything he had and his reward is to be shit on by Dummy White and legions of so called "loyal" fans. He decided on this before the fight, he's not running away from anyone.

I feel like if you are a true GSP fan, just be thankful for the years he's given to the sport and to entertaining us!

I'm with you, brother

Post #2   11/17/13 6:20:52PM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by Franklinfan47

I'm with you, brother

I'm with both of you.

Post #3   11/17/13 6:23:50PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I must have missed something? Sounds like Dana had some positive things to say about GSP's situation.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   11/17/13 6:28:31PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I must have missed something? Sounds like Dana had some positive things to say about GSP's situation.

He did. He said GSP has been a great champion, honorable guy, etc.

But he also calls GSP's decision "weird", goes on about GSP owing the company, says he made a bad decision saying the semi-retirement stuff after the fight.

Which I think is BS. Again, GSP has done a lot for us and the UFC. He deserves a break if that's what he truly wants.

And can I point out Rogan prodded GSP into saying that stuff? "What do you wanna say George?!" Perhaps Dana should direct his scorn to Rogan instead, you big meathead.

Besides, Hendricks tapped

Post #5   11/17/13 6:49:29PM   

TheShaman

MMA Regular

TheShaman Avatar

Career:522-354
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Webbie

Posted by Franklinfan47

I'm with you, brother

I'm with both of you.

Post #6   11/17/13 7:04:00PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,532-977
Chips:
Couldn't have said it better myself

Post #7   11/17/13 7:16:47PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I haven't heard Dana's comments...but I know i already agree with the premise that GSP doesn't owe the UFC anything. He's done his part. He's fought his battles.

Post #8   11/17/13 8:57:12PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,039
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
GSP took a total of 875 strikes since he first won the title, of this number almost half of them were received during his last 3 fights so 412 strikes received.

GSP has every rights to retire , take a break, whatever he want to do, he accepted to paid the price to prolong his career to be the best ever but there is a limit of accepting to be hit to please the fans and Dana.

Dana says GSP was rush to the hospital, come on man, the guy was taking pictures with Arnold on his way back to the lockeroom and was looking very happy, he went to the hospital for stitches and only for that.

On the other hand, Jones was rush to the hospital for real, he was literally supported all the way from the cage to the ambulance and Dana didn't say shit about the guy was destroyed, it was a rubbery and Gus gonna get an immediate rematch, he accepted to not give him the rematch even if he did to Jones way more than Hendricks did to GSP.

IMO GSP was not the same man as he was before during his last 3 fights, it is surely not physical so since fighting is 99% mental after the training is done, just let GSP get his mental strait exactly like you would let him cure a broken hand.

If GSP's problem are something that can be repaired and he can comeback elusive like he was before i would be happy but if not i prefer for his safety that he retire right now as the greatest fighter ever .

Post #9   11/17/13 9:30:50PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

This is exactly how I feel

Post #10   11/17/13 9:45:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gsp doesn't owe us shit.

He has jumped in more than once for the UFC.
When lesnar vs Coleman scratched. He jumped in to fight Fitch for main event.

When serra got hurt. He jumped in on a month notice for a title fight vs Hughes.

Post #11   11/17/13 10:00:02PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
I can sorta see what Dana is trying to say, though. When you've dominated for as many years as GSP has it doesn't look good when you start talking about 'stepping' away from the sport after someone finally gives you a decent beating.

BUT, if it's true about GSP not getting sleep and that hedoesn't feel comfortable with his state of mind during day to day life then he should absolutely retire. Health should always comes first no matter what. But GSP has been talking about retirement for his last few fights and it's been for other reasons like losing passion for the sport. This is the first time he's mentioned his mental health.

Post #12   11/17/13 10:22:08PM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:1,713-980
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
He owes Johny Hendricks a rematch before he "steps away". Then he can either pass the torch or go out decisively as the best.

Post #13   11/18/13 4:18:28AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I can sorta see what Dana is trying to say, though. When you've dominated for as many years as GSP has it doesn't look good when you start talking about 'stepping' away from the sport after someone finally gives you a decent beating.

BUT, if it's true about GSP not getting sleep and that hedoesn't feel comfortable with his state of mind during day to day life then he should absolutely retire. Health should always comes first no matter what. But GSP has been talking about retirement for his last few fights and it's been for other reasons like losing passion for the sport. This is the first time he's mentioned his mental health.

I agree with this. He finally gets somebody who pushed him to the brink and argueably beat him and now he wantsto leave? Its shitty.

But at the end of the day he needs to get his head right or he gets KTFO in the rematch or breaks down on some Oliver McCall-Lennox Lewis 2 shit which nobody wants to see.

I dont have a problem with him taking time off but still think itd be shotty to retire from a fans point of few but your right hes foughr hos battles even though I couldnt stand him from the Hardy to the Shields fight when he wasplaying for points, still think Anderson is greater but GSP no doubt will be one of the top3 greatest fighters ever whether he comes back or not. Nothing to be ashamed about there. Will always remember the Fitch, Karo, Hughes, Condit and of course the Hendricks fight. It wasnt always my pleasure but it was something special to see one of the best fighters ever throughout his whole career. Im a big boxing fan so I cheerish the geat fighters til they retire because we will miss them when their done.

Post #14   11/18/13 4:56:31AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I felt Hendricks won the fight,just not the title.
With that being said I hope we at least get to see these 2 fight one more time.

Post #15   11/18/13 5:20:49AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2