Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC boss White hopes Josh Koscheck sticks around despite retirement consideration

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dana White has never played it coy when it comes to retirement talk for his fighters.

Link

Post #1   11/17/13 11:22:06AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Chips:
I'm not a Kos fan, but it's hard to deny his talent and he deserves credit for the fact that he wasn't content just being a blanket wrestler. The guy drastically improved his striking to the point of it being dangerous after having little to no stand up when he was on TUF. He's been a tough, tough fight for anyone at 170 for a long time now, and he had to do it against a wall of boos raining down from the crowd every time. I don't think that's an easy thing for most people walking the planet, but he still performed and performed well for the most part. If he's done, he certainly deserves some respect that he probably should have had during his fight career.

On a tangent, since he split from AKA the results for both him and Fitch haven't been good. Those guys clearly made each other better and their careers have suffered not having the other guy there to push each other on a daily basis. Age plays a factor of course, but it's hard to deny the impact they made on each other's careers.

Post #2   11/17/13 12:18:08PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
three losses in a row he needs to go back to aka

Post #3   11/17/13 1:10:02PM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:897-448
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I dont think White should care about losing one aging fighter on a losing streak from a bloated roster. Dana should be in pro wrestling, all he cares about is fighters that can deliver drama outside the cage. Dont worry Dana, a new bad boy will come along, let him retire.

Post #4   11/17/13 2:35:42PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,059-579
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Good to see Dana stick up for/talk good about a fighter on the roster coming off a loss.
This is normally grounds for Dana to bash them.

Post #5   11/17/13 3:53:06PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,316-1,241
Chips:
i just don't think Kos looked confident in there, i'm actually kinda worried about him if he has to face another power striker like that....hopefully they give him a good rebound fight if he does decide to stick around.

Post #6   11/18/13 3:39:20AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm not a Kos fan, but it's hard to deny his talent and he deserves credit for the fact that he wasn't content just being a blanket wrestler. The guy drastically improved his striking to the point of it being dangerous after having little to no stand up when he was on TUF. He's been a tough, tough fight for anyone at 170 for a long time now, and he had to do it against a wall of boos raining down from the crowd every time. I don't think that's an easy thing for most people walking the planet, but he still performed and performed well for the most part. If he's done, he certainly deserves some respect that he probably should have had during his fight career.

On a tangent, since he split from AKA the results for both him and Fitch haven't been good. Those guys clearly made each other better and their careers have suffered not having the other guy there to push each other on a daily basis. Age plays a factor of course, but it's hard to deny the impact they made on each other's careers.

This right here x1000. I think they both kept each others wrestling at a high level and it toughened Fitchs chin and toughness imo having to go through the fire with Kos everyday.

I always liked Kos rhe only reason I ever didnt like him was for talking crap with Daley before the fight both hyping it up like they were both ready for war against a guy they hate but then Kos LNPs. But Daley punched him in the month for it so I accepted that punishment, I want daley back too.

Fitch and Kos should get back together. Fitch would be back in the UFC in no time ans I think Kos would go back to being a top 10 fighter. Think hed still beat Maia, Shields or Storys of the world, no shake to losing to a beast right now in Lawler and pretty much a primer version of himself in Woodley. Not to mention imo he beat Hendricks.

Post #7   11/18/13 4:46:00AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Dana probably wants Kos to hang around for the same reason he keeps Bisping. A lot of people like to see certain fighters get beat and if that said fighter has sound skills it ups the stakes that much more.

Post #8   11/18/13 5:24:22AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,113-786
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
The stats they showed of Kos Saturday is the reason White has his back. Kos has been a company man from day one. He started in the UFC in 2006 and has almost the most fights in the companies history. He fought a ton of short notice fights for them mid career and is a guy who always does and has got a lot of calls from Joe Silva to come work. He's been consistently solid for them as a fighter, active, talented and mostly homegrown. Plus he's a mouthy dick, bonus. This is appreciation.

Post #9   11/18/13 1:51:39PM