Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who do you think won?

Print  
GSP or Hendricks?
GSP 16 25%
Hendricks 48 75%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

The only thing Jorge won was a trip to the HOSPITAL ((true story))

Did you see him from your hospital bed?

Post #31   11/17/13 12:44:45PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I gave Hendricks the first, but scored the 2nd for GSP because he got hurt but he picked Hendricks apart afterward. I think the second round was the deciding round in my mind, and people just got excited seeing GSP get hurt.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that scored the first two rounds this way. I thought I was totally nuts.

Post #32   11/17/13 12:46:00PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gave Hendricks 1, 2, 4. Its not a robbery, it came down to the 1st round and who you gave it to. Looking at the fight in the 10 point must system, per round you can make the case GSP won, but overall Hendricks was the better fighter.

Post #33   11/17/13 1:12:49PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
What's bothering me is that it is not because GSP didn't totally dominate like normally that all of sudden he lost the fight.

THe problem is that the rds that Hendrick won were clearly won and the rds that GSP won were close rds, so at he end you can say Hendrick was better overall but winning a clear rd 10-9 doesn't outscore losing a close rd 10-9, it is just plain equal, there was clearly no 10-8 rds in this fight so i dont know why a knowledgeable mma fan would complaint " a la Dana " who really should have read some of the scoring elements before claiming that a fight is based on damage and look at GSP's face bla bla bla, if it was based on apparent damage it could be judged by 10 yrs old kids and darker and thick skin fighters would wear all the belts.

GSP always look destroyed regardless of a total domination or a close fight.

What i have seen is a rare case of GSP's gameplan not working while everything was working for Hendrick, all it say is that shit happen sometimes and it also say that GSP is able to fight in the adversity.

i gave rd 1-3-5 to GSP, rd 2-4 to Hendricks like 2 judges, Hendricks's corner should have told him to give everything he has in rd 5 because the rds were split , instead of that Hendricks said he tried to secure the win, a close 3-2 win witch is clearly stupid game planing considering the rd 1 were close and he lost rd 3 on all card and worst is that he didn't look that tired at the end witch mean he didn't give everything and has only him to blame.

Next time if they fight again he will give everything but he may just face the normal GSP with a working gameplan and a clear head and the result may be the same

EDIT : Refere Yves Lavigne was on TVA sport and scored the fight 48-47 GSP exactly like 2 judges, giving rd 1-3-5 to GSP .

Last edited 11/17/13 4:12PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #34   11/17/13 1:52:24PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,119-599
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

The only thing Jorge won was a trip to the HOSPITAL ((true story))

Nice job last not Chael.

Post #35   11/17/13 1:58:59PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 33-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,317-851
Chips:
GSP
Judges had it right.
It was razor thin but GSP won.

Dana is a fuckin jackass

Post #36   11/17/13 3:41:40PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Chips:
Even the fifth round to me was a narrow win by Hendricks...I just watched it on Sunday night. I watched the whole card and the only thing I knew was GSP won a Split, not how the fight went nor if it was controversial...I can judge it either American style (rounds) or Japanese (total fight) and both ways I see it the same. I gave all except the third round to Johnny personally.

Post #37   11/17/13 10:45:04PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Had I seen this thread earlier I would've just posted my opinion in here.

But yeah, I scored it 48-47 for GSP, giving him the first, third and fifth rounds.

The first round is the question mark IMO, although I believe the second round is closer than a lot of people think. Hendricks hurt GSP but gassed himself trying to finish him, so from about 2:30 all the way up until the end of that round GSP was completely picking him apart on the feet while Hendricks stood there and ate it. I did score that round for Hendricks, but I thought GSP did enough to earn the first, and I thought rounds three and five were clearly his as well.

Very close fight, and a fucking awesome one overall. Wish there wasn't so much controversy so everyone could just enjoy it for the great fight that it proved to be.

Post #38   11/17/13 11:57:36PM   

roofer1967

MMA Regular

roofer1967 Avatar

Career:805-503
Camp: Frontline
Chips:
I hate it for Hendricks. But whats the first thing Dana tells every fighter that walks into the TUF house (don't leave it in the hands of the judges) This is just part of the game. It sucks when the title is on the line even worse.

Post #39   11/19/13 2:39:55PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Chips:

Posted by roofer1967

I hate it for Hendricks. But whats the first thing Dana tells every fighter that walks into the TUF house (don't leave it in the hands of the judges) This is just part of the game. It sucks when the title is on the line even worse.

I hate hate when Dana says that. Not every fight is going to have a finish, not this particular fight, but plenty of others that are just head scratcher's when the judges have dumb scores. You should be able to put some sort of trust into competent judging because not every fight will have a finish.

Post #40   11/19/13 3:31:42PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,518
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I scored it 48-47 for Hendricks.

Post #41   11/19/13 4:31:47PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Chips:
After rewatching the fight, I think GSP won.

The first round is really close, but I think GSP got the better of the striking most of the time. He wasn't hurting Hendricks, but he was outworking him and out landing him (in terms of noticeably significant strikes.)

The second round was also really close. GSP out struck him most of the round. Again, Hendricks hit harder but didn't land as much. The only reason I give it to Hendricks is because he wobbled Georges.

Third round, everyone agrees George won.

Fourth round, everyone agrees Johnny won. I think this is the round that is sticking out in people's minds because Johnny did an outstanding job. This is where most of the damage to GSP's face happened.

Fifth round, GSP came on strong and retained his title. Again, he outworked Johnny. Hendricks thought he had the fight in the bag and he paid for it. He should fire his corner men for telling him all he had to do was hold on for 5 minutes and he would be the champion.

Honestly, I think people's perception of this fight is skewed because Hendricks surprised so many people. He wasn't supposed to do that well. If he was gonna win, it was supposed to be a flash knock out. People like rooting for an underdog and so they're acting like Johnny crushed him.

If GSP gets some time to get his head together first, I'll pick Georges in the rematch.

Post #42   11/20/13 1:34:49AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Adam_Buru

it wouldn't surprise me if GSP landed the most strikes throughout the fight.

Hendricks landed more strikes in 4 of 5 rounds.

I also had Hendricks 48-47, like most, but not the worst decision there's ever been at all. I thought Hendricks would get the decision but it was a close fight, by no means a robbery no matter who had won.

For those comparing the two fights, Jones outlanded Gustaffson in 4 of 5 rounds also.

I know I'm reviving a two week old thread, just missed chiming in right after the fight.

I think the strangest thing about the FightMetric stats are that basically none of Hendricks hard knees to the thighs/legs in the clinch report as Significant Strikes, yet as we've seen in many fights, this one included, every light jab or half-assed kick to the shin counts as a Significant Strike. I wonder what The Official Stats Provider for the UFC has against knees to the legs in the clinch? Obviously this being unrelated to the judges decision as stats are what they are and don't always tell a fight's story, but singling out a specific strike type from a specific range as not Significant Strikes when even checked kicks always register as Significant is just an observation that stands out to me on this fight. Makes me wonder how they determine their `stats`.

Last edited 12/3/13 10:20AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #43   12/3/13 10:18:06AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I think the strangest thing about the FightMetric stats are that basically none of Hendricks hard knees to the thighs/legs in the clinch report as Significant Strikes, yet as we've seen in many fights, this one included, every light jab or half-assed kick to the shin counts as a Significant Strike. I wonder what The Official Stats Provider for the UFC has against knees to the legs in the clinch? Obviously this being unrelated to the judges decision as stats are what they are and don't always tell a fight's story, but singling out a specific strike type from a specific range as not Significant Strikes when even checked kicks always register as Significant is just an observation that stands out to me on this fight. Makes me wonder how they determine their `stats`.

GSP/Hendricks combined for 136 landed strikes at striking distance with all 136 Significant. They combined to land 131 at clinch-range/on-the-ground with only 50 of the 131 Significant. I guess FightMetric hates the clinch and GNP, but loves jabs and checked kicks. Definitely lowers my opinion of having a Significant Strike category when it's calculated so poorly.

Post #44   12/3/13 10:30:10AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3