Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who do you think won?

Print  
GSP or Hendricks?
GSP 16 25%
Hendricks 48 75%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,624-911
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Here's the official scorecards

Post #16   11/17/13 1:55:13AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Chips:
GSP's face is a mess at this post fight conference.

Post #17   11/17/13 1:56:28AM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,140-1,203
Chips:
In fairness though GSP is easy to mark up.

His face was a mess even after beating up on Fitch for 5 rounds.

What I find more impressive is that Hendricks doesn't even look like he fought tonight.

Post #18   11/17/13 1:57:56AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Chips:
GSP shows up and the stream goes down on the presser...coincidence???

Post #19   11/17/13 2:01:47AM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,140-1,203
Chips:
Here's a working link for the press conference

link

Post #20   11/17/13 2:03:01AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,624-911
Chips:
Fightmetric

Post #21   11/17/13 2:07:16AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I cannot stand all the hate being thrown towards GSP.

I gave Hendricks rounds 2 & 4 - That is where he landed all those shots and done all that damage to GSP's face.

GSP took rounds 3 & 5.

Round 1 could go either way. George started strong then Hendricks finished strong.

Dana white is an idiot at the post fight press conference - "Hendricks won, its a fight. A fight is based on Damage - Hendricks won"

If a fight is based on Damage Alone Dana, you need to open up the books and re-write the UFC history in that case as Grappling and Wrestling would no longer be needed in the UFC as either martial art does not necessarily inflict visible Damage.

What an idiot, He's just pissed because GSP is gonna retire on his terms, not the UFC's.

Thank you GSP for a great career !! Enjoy your retirement !!! F!*k Dana white !!

Last edited 11/17/13 8:52AM server time by LightsOUT23
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   11/17/13 8:51:55AM   

YeahYeahYeah

Learning to Sprawl

YeahYeahYeah Avatar

Career:182-114
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
I agree on round 1 being the one that swung it, and I had it for GSP. He made Hendricks respect his left hand and dictated the round. I never think close fights are robberies when they're this close, and if it went to Hendricks I would not have complained.

Post #23   11/17/13 10:36:21AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,376-853
Chips:
I just re-watched the fight on mute, wrote notes on a per round basis. Still wound up with 48-47 Hendricks.

The first round was fairly close. That's the round 2 of the judges gave to GSP over Hendricks. I gave Hendricks a slight edge because his shots were harder and the fact that he had GSP backing up more often than not.

I wonder if anyone's ever done a tally of fucked up endings on full moons before haha.

Post #24   11/17/13 11:04:26AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
Round 1 --- 10 - 10
Round 2 --- 10 - 9 Hendricks
Round 3 --- 10 - 9 GSP
Round 4 --- 10 - 9 Hendricks
Round 5 --- 10 - 9 GSP

48-48 IMO

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #25   11/17/13 11:21:35AM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tmas

it wasnt really back and forth Hendricks i dont believe had 1 mark on him, with the strikes total being so close it goes to damage that decided the fight and agression Hendricks had both easily. He also controlled the fight the majority of the time.

All bouts will be evaluated and scored by 3 judges who shall evaluate the contest from different location around the ring/fighting area. The referee may not be one of the 3 judges.
The 10-Point Must System will be the standard system of scoring a bout. Under the 10-Point Must Scoring System, 10 points must be awarded to the winner of the round and 9 points or less must be awarded to the loser, except for a rare even round, which is scored (10-10).
Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.
Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.
Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.
Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.
The following objective scoring criteria shall be utilized by the judges when scoring a round:
a round is to be scored as a 10-10 round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;
a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;
a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
a round is to be scored as a 10-7 round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are either standing or on the ground, as follows:
if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
Effective grappling is weighed first; and
Effective striking is then weighed
If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
Effective striking is weighed first; and
Effective grappling is then weighed
A round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
If a round ends with a relatively even amount of standing and canvas fighting, striking and grappling are weighed equally.

Tell me where the official judging rules talk about damage?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Post #26   11/17/13 11:26:05AM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Conspiracy theorists will have you believe Johny tapped in round 1 based on this gif, but I'm not buying it..

I'm one for a good conspiracy but it's clear as day Hendricks was tapping or moving after GSP released the choke.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Post #27   11/17/13 11:28:25AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,124-605
Chips:
Looks like Hendricks was on the wrong end of a Split Decision this time.
Now he knows what Koscheck and Pierce felt like.

The results to this fight where similar to the Chandler Alvarez fight. It came down to 1 round that made the differance.
Looks like the most sources had Hendricks winning just like Chandler and it looks like close to the same amount of PGers had Hendricks winning as they did Chandler winning.

My opinion of the fight based of rounds is it could have gone either way. Just like most, except the guys that scored it 49-46 Hendricks, I agree that one single round could have gone either way making the difference in the fight.
The difference of the fight is that the rounds that Hendricks won, he won more convincingly while GSP's rounds where a little closer.

Link-This is what the PG thought about Chandler vs Alvarez II

Post #28   11/17/13 11:37:49AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Dana white is an idiot at the post fight press conference - "Hendricks won, its a fight. A fight is based on Damage - Hendricks won"

If a fight is based on Damage Alone Dana, you need to open up the books and re-write the UFC history in that case as Grappling and Wrestling would no longer be needed in the UFC as either martial art does not necessarily inflict visible Damage.

What an idiot, He's just pissed because GSP is gonna retire on his terms, not the UFC's.

I find it funny he said nothing when Jones had to be carried off on a stretcher but loses his shit tonight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   11/17/13 12:02:15PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,512
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I had GSP winning this fight 3-2, but there were two very close rounds (2 and 3) that could have gone to Hendricks. It could have definitely been 4-1 Hendricks, but as I watched the fight that was the way I scored it. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of conversation about PRIDE scoring.

Round 1 - 10-9 Hendricks
Round 2 - 10-9 GSP
Round 3 - 10-9 GSP
Round 4 - 10-9 Hendricks
Round 5 - 10-9 GSP

Last edited 11/17/13 12:44PM server time by jay98107
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   11/17/13 12:41:30PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3